blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 11:26:45 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272592 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 522284 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1245 on: August 05, 2015, 12:00:30 PM »

Robert Binelli rivaled Jeff Buffenbarger for the title "nicest man in poker".

Lovely bloke, haven't seen him in years. Last time I saw him was, I guess, about 7 years ago at the Rio yomping down that long corridor to the Amazon Room at the Rio. He hugged me like I was his longest lost friend. Bloody over emotional Italians.

He was getting disillilusioned with poker and was in a relationship with a dealer on the Italian Poker Tour (whatever that was). They were thinking of getting out of the game altogether.

He doesn't seem to do the facebook thing so I have no idea what became of him.

Hope he's doing well whatever he's up to.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 05, 2015, 12:25:05 PM »

Lovely bloke, haven't seen him in years. Last time I saw him was, I guess, about 7 years ago at the Rio yomping down that long corridor to the Amazon Room at the Rio. He hugged me like I was his longest lost friend. Bloody over emotional Italians.

He was getting disillilusioned with poker and was in a relationship with a dealer on the Italian Poker Tour (whatever that was). They were thinking of getting out of the game altogether.

Funny you should ask, he's running a vehicle repair shop, a sort of little garage, in Italy, & doing OK. Not been in poker for a while now.

You may remember his "running mate", a lad named Mark Bartlog, used to play a lot of SNG's in the early days on 'Stars, then started travelling the circuit with Robert. They both lived in Vienna at the time, but later moved to Budapest or somesuch.

I went and sat at a Big O Cash Table at The Rio this year, & suddenly, I realised I was sat next to Mark, not seen him since 2005, so we had a proper chinwag, & I asked Mark to pass my best regards to Robert.

Mark, Robert & I used to play the biggest SNG's on 'Stars - $100 & $200 at the time (ha!), and I had a regular "saver" with Mark, if we finished 1st & 2nd we'd chop it up.  It would sound a bit dodgy these days, but they were different times, & we'd openly discuss it in the chat box. "Chop it up Mark?" sorta thing. We'd get banned for that now I suppose, or have "theyarethieves.com" websites named in our honour. We never messed about though, we played properly, it was only effective once we got heads up, just saved time so we could get onto the next one. We just single tabled then of course. We'd play 8 or 10 every day, then just do a Stars transfer to settle up.

We used to describe Robert Binelli as the "Walking Scarecrow", strewth he had some interesting wardrobe.

We were at an illegal poker tournament in Jesolo one year, Colclough, Binelli, Thewy, all the usual crew, & we had all busted so were sitting on the beach at dusk, & Phil Shaw - the SNG chap - & I had a bit of a fallout, as a great big spliff was being passed around between all of us, but I declined & Phil got a bit arsey with me. I really could be an obdurate sod in those days, fortunately I've mellowed now.  

Here's a few photos of Robert & Mark, & one or two other blasts from the past.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:28:36 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 05, 2015, 12:36:47 PM »

Funny you should ask, he's running a vehicle repair shop, a sort of little garage, in Italy, & doing OK. Not been in poker for a while now.

You may remember his "running mate", a lad named Mark Bartlog, used to play a lot of SNG's in the early days on 'Stars, then started travelling the circuit with Robert. They both lived in Vienna at the time, but later moved to Budapest or somesuch.

I went and sat at a Big O Cash Table at The Rio this year, & suddenly, I realised I was sat next to Mark, not seen him since 2005, so we had a proper chinwag, & I asked Mark to pass my best regards to Robert.

Mark, Robert & I used to play the biggest SNG's on 'Stars - $100 & $200 at the time (ha!), and I had a regular "saver" with Mark, if we finished 1st & 2nd we'd chop it up.  It would sound a bit dodgy these days, but they were different times, & we'd openly discuss it in the chat box. "Chop it up Mark?" sorta thing. We'd get banned for that now I suppose, or have "theyarethieves.com" websites named in our honour. We never messed about though, we played properly, it was only effective once we got heads up, just saved time so we could get onto the next one. We just single tabled then of course. We'd play 8 or 10 every day, then just do a Stars transfer to settle up.

We used to describe Robert Binelli as the "Walking Scarecrow", strewth he had some interesting wardrobe.

We were at an illegal poker tournament in Jesolo one year, Colclough, Binelli, Thewy, all the usual crew, & we had all busted so were sitting on the beach at dusk, & Phil Shaw - the SNG chap - & I had a bit of a fallout, as a great big spliff was being passed around between all of us, but I declined & Phil got a bit arsey with me. I really could be an obdurate sod in those days, fortunately I've mellowed now.  

Blimey, yes I was friendly with Mark too. He was "Demian" on Stars IIRC.

Another nice bloke. Fearsome beard, not such a fearsome fellow.

Don't get me started on Phil Shaw. Not my favourite person in poker to put it mildly.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 05, 2015, 12:49:25 PM »

Don't get me started on Phil Shaw. Not my favourite person in poker to put it mildly.

BOOM, thank you, I've been racking my brains to recall his Stars ID.

Phil Shaw was shown as a Coach on the Ivey Poker site last time I looked.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 05, 2015, 12:56:31 PM »

BOOM, thank you, I've been racking my brains to recall his Stars ID.

Phil Shaw was shown as a Coach on the Ivey Poker site last time I looked.

Funny how people's minds work. I couldn't remember his real name if you put a gun to my head.

But could just about remember his Stars name!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 12:58:38 PM by The Camel » Logged

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 05, 2015, 02:00:13 PM »

Roland De Wolfe there too

Last seen on TV here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JseHcs0EHkU
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 05, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »

Last seen on TV here

seen that clip lots, and never caught on it was De Wolfe!

@whollyflush on twitter
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 05, 2015, 03:15:49 PM »

Last seen on TV here

seen that clip lots, and never caught on it was De Wolfe!

When I first saw it, I thought 'That looks like Roland', but never thought it actually was him Cheesy

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 05, 2015, 11:56:41 PM »

Ram Vaswani
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 06, 2015, 12:47:30 AM »

Ram Vaswani

sports betting and being a dad, hard to fit in young children and following the tour I would imagine

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 06, 2015, 09:05:36 AM »

What a lovely chap Mr Binelli was / is. Always enjoyed playing and chatting to him.

Cemal Alp. Really did win the lot for about a year and then dissapeared.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 06, 2015, 01:12:58 PM »

discussion of big luton finals on tft reminded me

Vik Kanwar?

Ryan Fronda?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 06, 2015, 01:32:16 PM »

discussion of big luton finals on tft reminded me

Vik Kanwar?

Ryan Fronda?

Saw Ryan at the Palm Beach about 3 years ago during a comp, but he hadn't played, and said he wasn't really playing at the time.

Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 06, 2015, 01:50:32 PM »

Ryan was on my Ukipt table last year at DTD
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 06, 2015, 02:11:29 PM »

Was it ryan that got a4 in pre in the first hand of a big comp, thinking it was aces?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 80 81 82 83 [84] 85 86 87 88 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: