blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:51:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 519101 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1980 on: June 18, 2020, 10:23:20 AM »

almost the 10 year anniversary of blatch gate, wonder what hes up to. anyone still in contact?

My most profitable staking investment ever Cheesy

Think dubai summed it up best at the time when he said Blatch was the only person to ever make a substantial loss paper trading!

I’ve played very little since 2013 due to work and early mornings  but have returned once or twice to poker when I needed some funding ... been playing again since lockdown and having a great time of it.    Read this thread today and then spotted a DiscoDaveShallow chip lead in a 8k Gtd $10 rebuy on ipoker today - surely not is it ?   What’s Dave up to these days?

Nice one Doobs btw 👍🏻

Cheers Jim.  I had a big go at the million on Sunday too (23rd out of 16k doesn't pay as much as you'd expect). 

I have a feeling I saw Dave Shallow under his real name in a Party comp the other day, but my memory is bad and was likely multi-tabling (given I am unsure now, if he was at my table it can't have been for long).  I have seen quite a few old school names there when the real names have come on, though don't play there much.  I just checked his old crabmaki account and it has only got the odd tiny comp on it.  I would be interested in knowing what he is up to too, and if anybody has seen him on Party; he always said he didn't enjoy poker even when it was booming and he was crushing.

I know Dave Penly was mentioned a few weeks ago, and I bumped into him again in a comp a couple of days ago.  He is definitely playing quite a bit and I noticed he had a $40k score on Party a few months ago.  Also I noticed Bengt Sonnert got another big cash a few weeks ago.  Guess giving up completely is hard?  Has anyone seen Ben Grundy about?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: June 18, 2020, 11:29:31 AM »

almost the 10 year anniversary of blatch gate, wonder what hes up to. anyone still in contact?

Think dubai summed it up best at the time when he said Blatch was the only person to ever make a substantial loss paper trading!

I’ve played very little since 2013 due to work and early mornings  but have returned once or twice to poker when I needed some funding ... been playing again since lockdown and having a great time of it.    Read this thread today and then spotted a DiscoDaveShallow chip lead in a 8k Gtd $10 rebuy on ipoker today - surely not is it ?   What’s Dave up to these days?

Nice one Doobs btw 👍🏻

Cheers Jim.  I had a big go at the million on Sunday too (23rd out of 16k doesn't pay as much as you'd expect). 

I have a feeling I saw Dave Shallow under his real name in a Party comp the other day, but my memory is bad and was likely multi-tabling (given I am unsure now, if he was at my table it can't have been for long).  I have seen quite a few old school names there when the real names have come on, though don't play there much.  I just checked his old crabmaki account and it has only got the odd tiny comp on it.  I would be interested in knowing what he is up to too, and if anybody has seen him on Party; he always said he didn't enjoy poker even when it was booming and he was crushing.

I know Dave Penly was mentioned a few weeks ago, and I bumped into him again in a comp a couple of days ago.  He is definitely playing quite a bit and I noticed he had a $40k score on Party a few months ago.  Also I noticed Bengt Sonnert got another big cash a few weeks ago.  Guess giving up completely is hard?  Has anyone seen Ben Grundy about?

Milkybarkid? saw him on stars playing plo 5 card cash the other week

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1982 on: June 18, 2020, 11:53:37 AM »

I’ve played very little since 2013 due to work and early mornings  but have returned once or twice to poker when I needed some funding ... been playing again since lockdown and having a great time of it.    Read this thread today and then spotted a DiscoDaveShallow chip lead in a 8k Gtd $10 rebuy on ipoker today - surely not is it ?   What’s Dave up to these days?

Nice one Doobs btw 👍🏻

Cheers Jim.  I had a big go at the million on Sunday too (23rd out of 16k doesn't pay as much as you'd expect).  

I have a feeling I saw Dave Shallow under his real name in a Party comp the other day, but my memory is bad and was likely multi-tabling (given I am unsure now, if he was at my table it can't have been for long).  I have seen quite a few old school names there when the real names have come on, though don't play there much.  I just checked his old crabmaki account and it has only got the odd tiny comp on it.  I would be interested in knowing what he is up to too, and if anybody has seen him on Party; he always said he didn't enjoy poker even when it was booming and he was crushing.

I know Dave Penly was mentioned a few weeks ago, and I bumped into him again in a comp a couple of days ago.  He is definitely playing quite a bit and I noticed he had a $40k score on Party a few months ago.  Also I noticed Bengt Sonnert got another big cash a few weeks ago.  Guess giving up completely is hard?  Has anyone seen Ben Grundy about?

Ahh it’s just like the good old days Smiley  ... yeah payouts are so flat these days you need those top 3 spots.      I’m playing 3 or 4 a night on ipoker  for the past two months... my sharkscope rating is highest it’s ever been  .... got a 2nd in the weekly 40k last week for 5.6k and scoring well in the nightly 12k / 8k gts on pretty much a daily basis.   Have to say I’m really enjoying it.    Just having a look at GG poker evening comps as well now.    I just need to keep it simple - I always played too much when I was playing well previously and suffered as a result ... older and wiser now 😁

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: June 18, 2020, 11:56:35 AM »

I’ve played very little since 2013 due to work and early mornings  but have returned once or twice to poker when I needed some funding ... been playing again since lockdown and having a great time of it.    Read this thread today and then spotted a DiscoDaveShallow chip lead in a 8k Gtd $10 rebuy on ipoker today - surely not is it ?   What’s Dave up to these days?

Nice one Doobs btw 👍🏻

Cheers Jim.  I had a big go at the million on Sunday too (23rd out of 16k doesn't pay as much as you'd expect).  

I have a feeling I saw Dave Shallow under his real name in a Party comp the other day, but my memory is bad and was likely multi-tabling (given I am unsure now, if he was at my table it can't have been for long).  I have seen quite a few old school names there when the real names have come on, though don't play there much.  I just checked his old crabmaki account and it has only got the odd tiny comp on it.  I would be interested in knowing what he is up to too, and if anybody has seen him on Party; he always said he didn't enjoy poker even when it was booming and he was crushing.

I know Dave Penly was mentioned a few weeks ago, and I bumped into him again in a comp a couple of days ago.  He is definitely playing quite a bit and I noticed he had a $40k score on Party a few months ago.  Also I noticed Bengt Sonnert got another big cash a few weeks ago.  Guess giving up completely is hard?  Has anyone seen Ben Grundy about?

Milkybarkid? saw him on stars playing plo 5 card cash the other week

no winner gives up then Wink  Last I saw was his house in Chiswick that he'd spent a small fortune on appearing somewhere.  Very nice it was too.  He must have taken some serious money out of the game for that place.

Edit.   Definitely serious money

https://www.homesandproperty.co.uk/home-garden/interiors/adding-las-vegasstyle-to-a-chiswick-party-house-31406.html
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 11:58:44 AM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: June 18, 2020, 01:10:43 PM »

Nice one Doobs btw 👍🏻

Ahh it’s just like the good old days Smiley  ... yeah payouts are so flat these days you need those top 3 spots.      I’m playing 3 or 4 a night on ipoker  for the past two months... my sharkscope rating is highest it’s ever been  .... got a 2nd in the weekly 40k last week for 5.6k and scoring well in the nightly 12k / 8k gts on pretty much a daily basis.   Have to say I’m really enjoying it.    Just having a look at GG poker evening comps as well now.    I just need to keep it simple - I always played too much when I was playing well previously and suffered as a result ... older and wiser now 😁

I am back up for the year, but not doing as well.as you it seems. I defintely wouldn't overplay.  I played too much whilst SCOOP and UKOPS were on and the results just turn to shit.  It happens every time I do it, and I learn very slowly it seems.

I haven't played on GG but bounty hunters can have some pretty brutal variance on Sky.   It isn't rare that the first place gets more than double the prize money of second because 1st gets the last bounty.  Party Poker and Sky have fixed this now so first and second get about the same.   There is a $50 nlo8 bounty hunter on stars where I checked my results and I was first twice, second 5 times and third 15 times.   You weren't ever profitable doing that on the old prize distribution, but may well be ok now.

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: June 18, 2020, 04:45:10 PM »

Nice one Doobs btw 👍🏻

Ahem..

Had Dave Shallow at my table in the Party Grand Prix last night.

Trying to remember his Blonde alias now.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: June 18, 2020, 07:33:54 PM »

Nice one Doobs btw 👍🏻

Ahem..

Had Dave Shallow at my table in the Party Grand Prix last night.

Trying to remember his Blonde alias now.

Ah, now I am not sure whether I have seen him or just read your post... My memory is going to be bloody awful in 20 years.

Blonde name was Dubai wasn't it?

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: June 22, 2020, 09:24:48 PM »

Achilleas Kallakis iis listed as due for release in 2020

Is he back in the game yet?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: July 17, 2020, 06:58:41 PM »

Fraser Bellamy?

What was his name on here?

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1989 on: July 17, 2020, 07:06:52 PM »

Fraser Bellamy?

Fun4Fraser I think.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: July 17, 2020, 07:39:10 PM »

Fraser Bellamy?

Good old Cat-Dog/SarahJane!

Very good player, and a great bloke, Fraser.

Sunday8pm

View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: July 22, 2020, 09:52:16 PM »

Nice one Doobs btw 👍🏻

Can confirm Dubai still hates poker. He's now a doting father to 2 kids & does of bit of hustling still in the sports betting markets. Hope you are well Doobs/Jim!
Splash

WonkyJim / Donkeyjim

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1992 on: July 23, 2020, 10:40:44 AM »

Nice one Doobs btw 👍🏻

Can confirm Dubai still hates poker. He's now a doting father to 2 kids & does of bit of hustling still in the sports betting markets. Hope you are well Doobs/Jim!

haha  - alright Ben!   What you up to these days?

".....and Buckley ponders how to play Aces to lose the maximum."
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: November 09, 2020, 04:21:18 AM »

what's happened to teh Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker of blonde; Woodsey and kukushkin88?

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: November 09, 2020, 12:33:14 PM »

Not sure about Kush. Hope he’s ok. Woodsey is banned from blonde now.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 131 132 [133] 134 135 136 137 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: