blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:27:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 518969 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2175 on: February 06, 2023, 05:57:38 PM »

Deffo still plays in Luton, was there just before Xmas and he was playing

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: February 06, 2023, 06:59:55 PM »

Glad to hear - he's a very nice man.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: February 06, 2023, 07:37:33 PM »

Glad to hear - he's a very nice man.

+1.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: February 06, 2023, 10:13:18 PM »

His last Herbie is 2018.

Click to see full-size image.

i didn't recognise the name until it was shorted to mike, really nice guy had the pleasure of being sat next too him a couple of times in Luton. I remember a few of the blonde updates where i was rooting him on. And who can forget the million dollar deal

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2179 on: February 13, 2023, 11:12:30 AM »

Carlo is still about

Grosvenor Poker
  ·
Congratulations to Carlo Citrone who won the GUKPT Cup - Manchester, last night.
He beat the 211 entry field to win £29,500!

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: February 13, 2023, 11:16:53 AM »

Carlo is still about

Grosvenor Poker
  ·
Congratulations to Carlo Citrone who won the GUKPT Cup - Manchester, last night.
He beat the 211 entry field to win £29,500!

Good spot Boo, I see Garry Bush cashed too.

Carlo has timbered up a bit, he must weigh nearly as much as Chompy now.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2023, 11:18:45 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: February 13, 2023, 11:20:34 AM »

A few familiar blasts from the past here too...

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: February 13, 2023, 11:22:19 AM »

Goodness me, Caroline Cove is a Senior now.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: February 13, 2023, 06:29:59 PM »

Glad you posted this, good to watch a bit of living history again

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: February 13, 2023, 09:03:24 PM »

I thought she was a senior 10 years ago you are way too polite! Im a senior next year fwiw!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: February 13, 2023, 09:05:17 PM »

I thought she was a senior 10 years ago you are way too polite! Im a senior next year fwiw!

I'm just scared she'll beat me up.

As to you, I assumed you were already a Senior. Even Chompy is a Senior these days.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: February 13, 2023, 09:08:37 PM »

Argue, whilst I have your attention, what's your view as to where Le Bron stands in the all-time NBA greats after breaking the record a few weeks ago?

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: February 14, 2023, 11:37:33 AM »

Argue, whilst I have your attention, what's your view as to where Le Bron stands in the all-time NBA greats after breaking the record a few weeks ago?

Clear 2nd behind Jordan.   Longevity wise he could easily be considered the goat as he clearly has many years left in him and he didn't go to college so started in the nba at 18 whereas most all time greats did college and started in the nba at 22.   He will set all time records by the time he retires that will never be broken and no one in history has invested more in their body and looked after it better.   Will never be better than prime MJ for me though whatever he does.   Jordan 6-0 in NBA finals with 2 3-peats in a row with 2 years out to try to be a baseball pro.   Never played a deciding game 7 in any of his 6 nba finals.  The best clutch finisher in history.  Will always be MJ for me as the GOAT but Lebron is a mile clear in second for me.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: February 14, 2023, 11:58:26 AM »

Clear 2nd behind Jordan.   Longevity wise he could easily be considered the goat as he clearly has many years left in him and he didn't go to college so started in the nba at 18 whereas most all time greats did college and started in the nba at 22.   He will set all time records by the time he retires that will never be broken and no one in history has invested more in their body and looked after it better.   Will never be better than prime MJ for me though whatever he does.   Jordan 6-0 in NBA finals with 2 3-peats in a row with 2 years out to try to be a baseball pro.   Never played a deciding game 7 in any of his 6 nba finals.  The best clutch finisher in history.  Will always be MJ for me as the GOAT but Lebron is a mile clear in second for me.

Thanks.

One more thing, before we get in trouble for derailing the thread.

Have you seen the 10 part Documentary "The Last Dance"? Essentially, the story of Michael Jordan & the 1997/8 Chicago Bulls season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Dance_(miniseries)

Lots of 1 on 1 interviews with MJ, Scottie Pitten, Dennis Rodman & many others. What a character & player Rodman was.

It's on NetFlix, 10 x 1 hour episodes. I don't follow NBA but I watched all 10 x 1 hour episodes twice. I watch every sports documentary & docuseries no matter what the sport is, & I think it's the best sports docu I've ever seen, & it's not even close. It's stunning, & no punches are pulled in the interviews, including MJ's alleged gambling issues.

Here's a 7 minute trailer.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 12:00:07 PM by tikay » Logged

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: February 14, 2023, 12:14:49 PM »

Clear 2nd behind Jordan.   Longevity wise he could easily be considered the goat as he clearly has many years left in him and he didn't go to college so started in the nba at 18 whereas most all time greats did college and started in the nba at 22.   He will set all time records by the time he retires that will never be broken and no one in history has invested more in their body and looked after it better.   Will never be better than prime MJ for me though whatever he does.   Jordan 6-0 in NBA finals with 2 3-peats in a row with 2 years out to try to be a baseball pro.   Never played a deciding game 7 in any of his 6 nba finals.  The best clutch finisher in history.  Will always be MJ for me as the GOAT but Lebron is a mile clear in second for me.

Thanks.

One more thing, before we get in trouble for derailing the thread.

Have you seen the 10 part Documentary "The Last Dance"? Essentially, the story of Michael Jordan & the 1997/8 Chicago Bulls season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Dance_(miniseries)

Lots of 1 on 1 interviews with MJ, Scottie Pitten, Dennis Rodman & many others. What a character & player Rodman was.

It's on NetFlix, 10 x 1 hour episodes. I don't follow NBA but I watched all 10 x 1 hour episodes twice. I watch every sports documentary & docuseries no matter what the sport is, & I think it's the best sports docu I've ever seen, & it's not even close. It's stunning, & no punches are pulled in the interviews, including MJ's alleged gambling issues.

Here's a 7 minute trailer.

Yes its an amazing docu im biased because imo its the best team ever in my fav sport in the era of my prime as a player myself.   That bulls team were totally unplayable.  Steve Kerr the now coach of the GS warriors was a key role player on that team as well and had a full on fight with MJ in training.
Pages: 1 ... 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: