blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:42:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Long Term Staking Proposal - Give a kid a break (said loosely at 31)
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Long Term Staking Proposal - Give a kid a break (said loosely at 31)  (Read 90069 times)
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2013, 02:28:00 AM »

UL  gg
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2013, 02:30:51 AM »

UL  gg

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2013, 02:31:23 AM »

Yeah, kicking myself on the shove pre, he is going to peel a chunk of hands, and it dont play well! sighhhhhhhhhhh!

Roll $831.53 winning day but wont go to bed happy lol
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2013, 08:58:41 AM »

Morning mate, at work now feeling bolloxed but got to love a late  rail.

Interesting final hand, my immediate thoughts was I would shove pre, but after reflection I am wondering if your play was not the better one.  We are ahead of his range pre for sure and are we not meant to keep worse hands in?  After c bet, i am sure you have no choice but go for it.  I then take your point about that hand not flopping well and he is almost always peeling.  ( don't think he should be with your image ? ).  So I am not sure what is best, PHA  ? 

Would like to know the best play as I have found myself in similar spots before, hence DONK mode engaged and I shove Smiley

Good work BTW I admire you work ethics, bink just around the corner for sure.

Regards

Steve
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2013, 09:15:07 AM »

Morning mate, at work now feeling bolloxed but got to love a late  rail.

Interesting final hand, my immediate thoughts was I would shove pre, but after reflection I am wondering if your play was not the better one.  We are ahead of his range pre for sure and are we not meant to keep worse hands in?  After c bet, i am sure you have no choice but go for it.  I then take your point about that hand not flopping well and he is almost always peeling.  ( don't think he should be with your image ? ).  So I am not sure what is best, PHA  ? 

Would like to know the best play as I have found myself in similar spots before, hence DONK mode engaged and I shove Smiley

Good work BTW I admire you work ethics, bink just around the corner for sure.

Regards

Steve

Thanks Steve

Dreenie and Jamie were both in the shove camp and those are pretty strong opinions. I think my mistake was to think woahhhhhh I have 430k that's way too much to jam, were as it is only 24BB which I didn't really realise till after the hand. Think the main issue is I have a hand which is only a 60/40 against live cards, and perhaps banking the pot means more. 2 free rounds of blinds really.

On the converse side pretty sure if I jammed it in his eye and he had AA I would be sitting thinking why didn't I 3b. I did the same bet earlier with AA on him which he should know, so doubt he was loving life, but it was just a cold flop really, with these hands it's one I go broke on! Although he folds 95% of his opening range I guess so the maths won't stack up Sad

I may chuck it up on PHA but its a bit raw today to see a precession of "shove pre ainec" ha ha

Thanks for the kind words though! Knocking on the door, will bust it open soon Smiley I now have to put a suit on and go talk about pensions trying not to mumble jack fucking ten under my breath lol
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2013, 10:58:59 AM »

" I did the same bet earlier with AA on him which he should know, so doubt he was loving life"

That is exactly what I meant by your image, I think he can fold to your 3 bet pre going by your previous play, but wtf do I know Smiley
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2013, 11:19:57 AM »

" I did the same bet earlier with AA on him which he should know, so doubt he was loving life"

That is exactly what I meant by your image, I think he can fold to your 3 bet pre going by your previous play, but wtf do I know Smiley

Vengeance will be had tonight, going to write "if in doubt, jam it in his eye" above my laptop.....
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2013, 01:02:55 PM »

exit doesnt seem to bad to me, next time get there mate its coming...

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2013, 03:15:48 PM »

I don't have time now because I overslept, but when I do I'll write a detailed post including maths as to why it's a CLEAR shove (ainec :p). This is a common mistake that people make in tournaments, you have to forget about how big the number is next to your name and just see each spot as "how many bigs am I risking to win how much is in the pot and how much fold equity do I have". That goes for straight up 3betting not just shoving.

Even if you were to 3bet there, making it 2x his open out of position with this type of hand is definitely a mistake. You are giving him such a sick price on a peel, and even fish understand that.

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2013, 03:31:29 PM »

Appreciate your time Jamie, as I said, did not post on PHA as I was sure of the answer I was going to get (seeing the full logic would be nice though), just a brain freeze in game I guess! although Vinny just text me saying its a shove so surely it cant be ;p kidding (thinly vailed Celtic has my number brag FML)

Off and running today as had an early finish, will two table big $5.50 and Omania $5.50, then start volume from the big $8.80 at 4pm

Nit Tendencies

View Profile
« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2013, 03:47:20 PM »

Gl mate.

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #251 on: November 12, 2013, 09:21:30 PM »

Not regging anymore, roll stands at $732.04 with 4 left (two ITM)

19/213/1624 ITM
48/87/1985 ITM  Shove over button open with A5 (19BB) he has AK

Got 10BB in a turbo and average in big $11 (tonight?) blinded out/99<1010

See what can be done

EDIT - bad 10 minutes
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 09:36:34 PM by OverTheBorder » Logged
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »

Why you shoving a5 over an open I think min raise click it back Wink

Jokes obv

Good luck in the last one last long enough so I can rail when I'm home cheers!!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2013, 10:08:10 PM »

Why you shoving a5 over an open I think min raise click it back Wink

Jokes obv

Good luck in the last one last long enough so I can rail when I'm home cheers!!

Ha ha I didnt want to say

In true style your arrival has prompted the "mega bok" and we are toast                       Roll:   $757.92

Could have been a big day, had top 30 stacks pretty deep ITM in 4 or 5 comps, min cashed loads.  Back on it tomorrow, crack the whip and let the good times roll

EDIT - got enough FPP for a step 1 ticket so playing the $7.50 schedule 10pm turbo since its free.  No change to roll but got one more chance
« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 10:10:40 PM by OverTheBorder » Logged
Young_gun

View Profile
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2013, 10:16:09 PM »

great grind ethic at mo mate, keep it up. can feel it in mg waters..

Twitter: @johnnybev1987
#skypokerteamhitsquad
#lovethegame
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: