blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 09:19:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272477 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Long Term Staking Proposal - Give a kid a break (said loosely at 31)
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Long Term Staking Proposal - Give a kid a break (said loosely at 31)  (Read 90079 times)
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2013, 10:36:07 PM »

GL Buddy.

Get loads.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 13, 2013, 12:27:08 AM »

I don't have time now because I overslept, but when I do I'll write a detailed post including maths as to why it's a CLEAR shove (ainec :p). This is a common mistake that people make in tournaments, you have to forget about how big the number is next to your name and just see each spot as "how many bigs am I risking to win how much is in the pot and how much fold equity do I have". That goes for straight up 3betting not just shoving.

Even if you were to 3bet there, making it 2x his open out of position with this type of hand is definitely a mistake. You are giving him such a sick price on a peel, and even fish understand that.

Yeah this was the thing that stuck out the most when I watched the hand. Yes jamming pre is best, but you should basically never be 3-betting this small OOP, way way too small... so much so that you should be jamming.
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 13, 2013, 06:43:11 PM »

Thanks Tom, your my favourite blonde diarist btw Smiley

All this feedback is very useful for me, never had coaching, I just read, but I get everything people are saying and this will be practically applied! Was going to ask some PHA questions around it but worried Jono may question my ability to beat 2$ tournies on the strength of the hand lol so deleted it

Anyways, onwards and upwards! Starting tonight at 7 if this train don't stop, feel good, ready to rip shiz up
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 13, 2013, 10:57:46 PM »

All this feedback is very useful for me, never had coaching, I just read, but I get everything people are saying and this will be practically applied! Was going to ask some PHA questions around it but worried Jono may question my ability to beat 2$ tournies on the strength of the hand lol so deleted it

Anyways, onwards and upwards! Starting tonight at 7 if this train don't stop, feel good, ready to rip shiz up

Hows things going tonight Mr OTB - Im so old school I still have stuff in my head going back 10/12 years when such unthinkables as even daring to consider ahem raising with alowly small pair was greeted with astonishment never mind jamming with same

Be lucky
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 13, 2013, 11:02:33 PM »

Hows things going tonight Mr OTB - Im so old school I still have stuff in my head going back 10/12 years when such unthinkables as even daring to consider ahem raising with alowly small pair was greeted with astonishment never mind jamming with same

Be lucky

Bit of a pig tonight, cashed a couple, played a lot! Going to adjust the evening session, I much prefer a 4pm start but unfortunately my work disagree lol

One tabling a turbo but fairly early! Need a final table to break even (easy peasy,,,,cough)
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 13, 2013, 11:11:23 PM »

How many micro millions events we going to win?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 13, 2013, 11:22:35 PM »

How many micro millions events we going to win?

Do you still get hats for winning them? We are going to play probably 15-20 of them, I plan to win every 4th one u play so people don't get suspicious! Second plan is to make sure we don't reg for any games we don't understand by accident!

I assume we have to flick in the main, will try last chance sat but seems a must play for $22! Will confirm nearer time

OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 13, 2013, 11:25:46 PM »

Turbo didn't go well

Roll $682.37
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 14, 2013, 07:22:25 PM »

Played a few this afternoon, nothing to report, got football tonight will be playing the MicroMillions Zoom when I get back and a few games around it but not major tonight.  Should be a lot of volume tomorrow as no need to get up Saturday.....looking forward

Oh and we have changed our avatar to my nephews favourite toy for run good!!! the back of my head was starting to annoy me.....
« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 07:24:49 PM by OverTheBorder » Logged
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 14, 2013, 10:57:18 PM »

Oh and we have changed our avatar to my nephews favourite toy for run good!!! the back of my head was starting to annoy me.....

AND ME!

GLGL tonight some late rails please

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 14, 2013, 11:19:44 PM »

AND ME!

GLGL tonight some late rails please

Only played a few tonight, lasted 4 hands (rivered) in MM Zoom, bit late to start after football but really liked the look of that tournie (sighhhhhh) got a couple of turbos left, not regging anymore as not enough games at this time, unless I want to be up till 7am (my work dont like that lol)

Will try and make a rail from what I have, my washing had 1 hour to go, so I need to get deep(ish) lol

Roll $620.89 plus any cashes
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 15, 2013, 12:47:14 PM »

We are in action from 7pm tonight, will be a BIG session, as I have no need to get up tomorrow, so will reg all the way through the night and hopefully be up until the Insanity Fitness Advert comes on the Magic channel again (usually a good sign)

I plan to play some mixed games in MM, only games I know how to play (obvs), clearly OP does not stipulate games and the stakes are low so seems okay.  I think playing these games with any experience is +ve as the field is likely going to be full of beginners.

Also as mentioned above to Calum I assume playing the main event is a must, seems crazy to miss a shot at $150k for $22, please confirm if you object to any of this.  The last chance sat will likely give 1000 seats anyway but just incase.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 15, 2013, 01:13:26 PM »

No problems with any of that, be cool to bink MM main event Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Redbull

View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 15, 2013, 01:18:12 PM »

Fine with me glgl
Steve Swift

View Profile