blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 08:08:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272596 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  WSOP Final table
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WSOP Final table  (Read 30054 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 06, 2013, 03:36:36 PM »

sick, he prob had like 20-30% i guess? blitz had 20%.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 06, 2013, 03:38:09 PM »

My major complaint was that a guy had 15 hours to prepare for the biggest HU match of his entire career and he entered it playing at the level of a 1 dollar hu sng loser. Its just sad to see this when so many people would give their right arm and leg to be able to be in this position. This is the biggest day of his life and he just doesnt seem to care about it.

Reiss was technically bad but it was evident he spent sufficient time trying to build a good counter adjustment game plan, which pre flop worked pretty well. The calls, folds, raises etc post flop I understand take years to master or to get better at as a full ring live mtt player will just not get as many close spots because of the ranges and stacksiyes they play with and against, so that criticism is pretty harsh I agree.

Dont you think though that we can berate, wow, shout, scream etc in this thread, its our version of the world cup final and I want to be involved, I want to be emotional about it, I want to sweat it hard and I want to be a vocal know it all fan, just like I would be in the world cup with England or the FA CUP 4th round with Newcastle, I dont see why that is so bad? If it was the dtd deepstack thread and I was like OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOGM 5x Huh? then I think this would be really bad, and wouldnt intend on doing so in the future, but this is the big one! The WSOP MAIN EVENT!!

I would guess that you are one of maybe 50 people in the world that feels this way about the wsop final table.  It is certainly not a big number, even of poker players.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 06, 2013, 03:41:06 PM »

My major complaint was that a guy had 15 hours to prepare for the biggest HU match of his entire career and he entered it playing at the level of a 1 dollar hu sng loser. Its just sad to see this when so many people would give their right arm and leg to be able to be in this position. This is the biggest day of his life and he just doesnt seem to care about it.

Reiss was technically bad but it was evident he spent sufficient time trying to build a good counter adjustment game plan, which pre flop worked pretty well. The calls, folds, raises etc post flop I understand take years to master or to get better at as a full ring live mtt player will just not get as many close spots because of the ranges and stacksiyes they play with and against, so that criticism is pretty harsh I agree.

Dont you think though that we can berate, wow, shout, scream etc in this thread, its our version of the world cup final and I want to be involved, I want to be emotional about it, I want to sweat it hard and I want to be a vocal know it all fan, just like I would be in the world cup with England or the FA CUP 4th round with Newcastle, I dont see why that is so bad? If it was the dtd deepstack thread and I was like OMGOMGOMGOGMOGMOGMGOMGOMGOMGOGM 5x Huh? then I think this would be really bad, and wouldnt intend on doing so in the future, but this is the big one! The WSOP MAIN EVENT!!

I would guess that you are one of maybe 50 people in the world that feels this way about the wsop final table.  It is certainly not a big number, even of poker players.

hm I was at dinner with 12 guys who felt the same yesterday, so would take the over on 50! Im surprised more people arent as passionate or emotionally involved about it. Every year Ive stayed up till 7am watching it.

One year Joe Cada 4bet jammed 99 and Moon called wth QJ

I was pacing around my room listening to an irate Hellmuth commentary. I couldnt watch the cards fall, I fistpumped the low flop, had my hands on my head on the turn and river stood up at 8am after not sleeping all night. I love it!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 06, 2013, 03:44:07 PM »

I think you're perfectly entitled to be like WOW LOL BAD WTF these guys if you feel that way, I'm just saying that whereas you and timex are very surprised that some weak poker players played some weak poker, even with time to prepare, I am not.

I still loved watching it, and 100% gonna watch it next year, an the year after its a huge deal Smiley Last year when I had two good pals on there sweating it was fucking incredible so I really really really hope one of the UK lads gets himself on their next year so I can rail from where poker is sposed to be railed from - the sidelines with a triple rum and coke not giving a fuck what the flop is or who bet what.

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: November 06, 2013, 03:44:38 PM »

I'm probably the anti-pleno in terms of my approach to poker, but I agree with him way more than I disagree here.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 06, 2013, 03:48:58 PM »

Post match analysis always better then watching poker....

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 06, 2013, 03:50:03 PM »

That's a really good post, Pleno.

I don't think I'm that enthusiastic about anything. Except possibly semicolons.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 06, 2013, 03:56:25 PM »

You are a pro poker player as such i feel you should show other pros respect. In the same way that Messi wouldn't go on twitter and say "lol how bad was that by Rooney" if Rooney made a mistake in the WC Final. You of course can have your feelings and express them privately by all means but going after fellow pros who are playing in an exceptionally unique situation is not on imo.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: November 06, 2013, 04:04:14 PM »

Deliberate mistake?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2013, 04:06:05 PM »

You are a pro poker player as such i feel you should show other pros respect. In the same way that Messi wouldn't go on twitter and say "lol how bad was that by Rooney" if Rooney made a mistake in the WC Final. You of course can have your feelings and express them privately by all means but going after fellow pros who are playing in an exceptionally unique situation is not on imo.

I agree with this too, and if I was a double bracelet winner like yourself or a big pro with lots of exposure I definitely wouldnt go about it on twitter saying lots of stuff.

Im just a

you $1-$2 wizard

posting on my local forum where only people who read are people i know virtually or in real life.

If Messi came to a world cup final and tried really hard but missed a penalty he probably wouldnt be deemed poorly by his fellow professionals, if it was the biggest game in his life and he turned up fat, hungover or like he just didnt care Im sure others would be disgusted.

I guess I am the Joey Barton of poker. Decent championship player who says it as he sees it.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 06, 2013, 04:15:48 PM »

posting on my local forum where only people who read are people i know virtually or in real life.

just one small point. Its not true, your statement. Widely read and lurked by all sorts of people you don't know in the poker industry.

This might have been/had the potential to be a high profile thread, though in practice less so than previous years as the WSOP final probably doesn't have the pull/didn't this year.

I think you under-estimate the impact of your posts on here - and their passion - on how you are perceived good or bad

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 06, 2013, 04:19:11 PM »

Deliberate mistake?

; )

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 06, 2013, 04:36:36 PM »

Surprised no ones corrected Pads on sweating Newcastle in FA Cup 4th round comment....dream on Cheesy

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 06, 2013, 04:39:26 PM »

I agree with this too, and if I was a double bracelet winner like yourself or a big pro with lots of exposure I definitely wouldnt go about it on twitter saying lots of stuff.

Im just a

you $1-$2 wizard

If Messi came to a world cup final and tried really hard but missed a penalty he probably wouldnt be deemed poorly by his fellow professionals, if it was the biggest game in his life and he turned up fat, hungover or like he just didnt care Im sure others would be disgusted.

I guess I am the Joey Barton of poker. Decent championship player who says it as he sees it.

Whilst Joey Barton might be a good player, he is a prick. He is largely disliked by both his peers and football fans. It's entertaining to watch his antics, but he comes across terribly. Please don't tell me you really view yourself that way.

I think a bunch of your posts all over the forum come off badly. Don't wanna start a war here but I'm not the only one who thinks so. Can chat about it on skype if you like but would be good to see you post in a slightly different way sometimes because theres a lot of great stuff in what you write.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 06, 2013, 04:41:05 PM »

Surprised no ones corrected Pads on sweating Newcastle in FA Cup 4th round comment....dream on Cheesy

Purposely didnt put final haha, although I have been to 2 finals for Newcastle, a charity shield and 2 away matches in Barcelona. Zilch points.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: