blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:15:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Terrible play ultra rewarded!
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Terrible play ultra rewarded!  (Read 2079 times)
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2013, 01:26:47 PM »

£200 Live event  Day 1

Avg chips 45k   4 levels left in day

Blinds 400/800/100

Villains 1 + 2 have been at the table 1 hand from a table break and we dont know either of them although Villain 2 is wearing a hoodie and the less baller beats headphones in red though!

We open XX to 1600 from CO and 85k, villain 1 3bets from the small to 4000 from 61k and after a few seconds villain 2 jams for 40k total.

Villain 1 looks like he is not loving life when we ask for a count of his stack.

What do you call with here and does that fact if you call and lose to villain 2 meaning you have just under avg and if you call and win have a good stack to go to war with in the later levels affect your decision?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 01:25:04 PM by Eso Kral » Logged

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2013, 01:42:53 PM »

Would be more worried about calling and Villain 1 reshipping as he has 61k..

We have over double avg with >100bb, assuming we have a nice hotel for the night or are local then my range is really tight AKs/QQ+

If I am driving far and there is footy on the following day and I can't really be bothered coming back then I will call some pretty ridic hands, but most of the time I am just folding, can't see any need to play such a big pot with such a small amount of information when we have a comfortable Day 2 stack.

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2013, 01:50:29 PM »

QQ+ for me

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 02:02:50 PM »

My own thoughts...

No reason to go crazy here. We can assume Villain 2 isn't putting his tourney life on the line with nothing very often. We can also discount pretty much all marginal hands, given he's only getting called when crushed.

You've opened late and been given an obligatory challenge, but it takes something strong to put you both to the test. I would think AK is a fairly chunky amount of his range, especially when you ask how much he has left and he looks like you've just named the colour of his underpants. Although he might be overplaying TT/JJ/AQs, I'd let all three of those hands go in your spot, plus AK to allow for the gap concept (2003 poker rationale ftw).

In short, calling QQ, KK and AA.

Remember, kids: you don't tangle with a man in a moustache unless you know what you're doing.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »

Why are we folding the Jacks peoples?

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2013, 04:50:20 PM »

Yeah this is cut off, sb, bb so should be a little bit wider than like mp, co, sb

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2013, 05:03:36 PM »

1. Doesn't seem all that frequent in a £200 comp that we are calling ahead
2. Not closing the action (ok, that is a small point)
3. We have only put a tiny amount in so far and JJ is marginal.
4. I'm quite tight
5. There is no right way to play Jacks. Everyone knows that.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2013, 05:18:12 PM »

1. Doesn't seem all that frequent in a £200 comp that we are calling ahead
2. Not closing the action (ok, that is a small point)
3. We have only put a tiny amount in so far and JJ is marginal.
4. I'm quite tight
5. There is no right way to play Jacks. Everyone knows that.

We have quite a big edge, rarely dominate and its a live comp. I think folding JJ is probably fine. AK seems closer than pocket jacks.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2013, 07:38:52 PM »

QQ+ Fold AK
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2013, 07:55:06 PM »

Does villain2 really jam in this spot with kk/aa?
The fact he looks uncomfortable would really make me want to shove JJ+ and also AK.

Disclaimer is I always think the overbets = weaker range
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2013, 07:58:28 PM »

Does villain2 really jam in this spot with kk/aa?
The fact he looks uncomfortable would really make me want to shove JJ+ and also AK.

Disclaimer is I always think the overbets = weaker range
Sorry op amended as it is villain 1 who 3bet who I asked for the count.

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
Beaver808

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2013, 11:17:48 PM »

It's a tough spot with many options, of which I have no idea for sure which one would be more profitable in the long term.

Given the lack of reads, tourney buy-in, structure et al; I'm only shipping QQ+

Behavioral therapy guy - England Golf Squad Manager - Micro-stakes grinder

www.radtherapy.co.uk - www.peakstategolf.co.uk
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2013, 11:24:33 PM »

Problem is, it's fairly uncommon for someone to just insta snap in aces or kings here. Some fish do get a bit excited and do it sometimes.

At the same time, the bb's range should be fairly solid.

Reminds me of a fairly similar hand how I busted EPT Deauville. I just moved to a new table and well known stars live reg opens HJ, I'm playing 50bbs and 3bet jacks in the bb and he SNAP jams (just has me covered). I called and he just shows me the kings. Didn't take enough time either, call was fine but I wish I thought about it rather than called fairly quickly.

Overall I think it's a close one. The fact that I don't feel he has kings and aces too often makes me want to GII because there are so many AK combos.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2013, 11:39:06 PM »

A few people have said people don't jam 50 bigs here with aces or kings.

This is live poker. In Luton. It's not uncommon for people to 3/4x pre then jam flop for 50 bigs. Therefore, 4b jamming 50 bigs is usually nuts or close to it.

Could even make an argument for folding QQ.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 01:24:38 PM »

Maybe I am the worst then so have ammended the title due to the responses.

My thoughts were at the time that it's CO, SB, BB so ranges can be wider and really never saw anyone 4b ship 50bb's with AA,KK and soooo often see this with pairs we crush (obv pairs we dont as well) and AK,Q plus factored in that as long as villain 1 does not call here then at worst I am left back in the pack with a slightly below average stack and go to work again and if we win/are good then we have a really big stack that we can lever towards the end of the day when people are locking up to make day2 or makes it easier to take on the 10-15bb reships and build that way.

I thought about this and shipped 9's and villain 1 then goes into the tank and open folded KK as he felt I had aces, alas it wasnt me who had "Dem" it was villain2 but it was a case of terrible play ultra rewarded!

I know I have not played the hand amazingly but think AA play is ? as if it's me I 4b to 10500-11500 there and then he gets it in vs KK and wins a big pot instead.

Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: