blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:11:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream  (Read 99994 times)
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 15, 2014, 04:37:48 PM »

Not involved at all in this, but I just wanted to post to say that it's no surprise that Jakally and Scotty77 (who just "get" everything generally) have hit the nail on the head here.

It's amazing how much people have got annoyed over a few hand histories misreported. He got crippled in a big hand which he reported and then can't remember the way he lost his last few chips? So what?! That's happened to me in loads of tournaments I've been staked for. And yeh maybe he was embarrassed about one hand he may have misplayed and didn't mention it / misreported it. Not cool, but certainly not worthy of all this. You'd have thought he'd grimmed everyone.

I've read every page of this diary and the moment Eso posted that he'd put Peter in the GP it was clear this was quite a big step in the diary, or Peter's career. Getting staked by loved members of the blonde community - I'm sure he didn't want to let them down. So if he ballsed up a hand, you can see how it happened that he didn't want this to come out. Not condoning this btw, much better in the long run to hold your hands up and say "tbh i made a big cock up and that cost me, sorry guys" than to cover up and then get found out afterwards.

Tbh, it was super obvious that this had happened just from watching this thread. Every hand and tournament, analysed and details recorded in meticulous fashion (eg. GPS report) and then this one was brushed aside with some throwaway comments from Peter some time after the tournament was over iirc.

He's made some mistakes with how he's handled this, sure. But hasn't deserved anything like the tirade he's got here.

Peter hasn't misrepresented himself at all from what I can see. He doesn't claim to be anything he's not. He believes he's a winning player, and has a decent record in the tournaments he's playing / being staked for. What else can he do? He can't show a sample size of 1000 live tournaments. He doesn't play online and doesn't claim to be an online sicko, no-one's asked him for online records either. He might be a tad optimistic about his ability level, and , but who isn't? I definitely was when I was at his stage / age, and probably still am!

RE the playing for 10% of yourself. Tomsom et al are completely wrong about this. It might seem ridiculous to you. It's certainly not a way to make money. It's certainly not the done thing. It probably isn't a very good idea long term. But there's nothing wrong with it if he tries his best and gives it his all. Which it's immediately obvious he does. If someone put you in the $10k WSOP main for a 10% freeroll would you accept? Many people would. He's doing it for the love of the game, for the experience, maybe to build up a reputation, winning record, bigger sample size (!) and he might make some money in the process. Who are any of you to say he can't do that? Fair enough to advise him about better ways to go about building a bankroll, but this has gone way past that now.

It's absolutely turned into a witchhunt because Peter is seen as an easy target and he's been a bit of a wally here. It's very much like what happened to John Black (I'm one of the guilty ones here) and that resulted in Blonde losing a great character.

Blonde is a lot more colourful place with these characters about so please, until Peter actually does something really bad, give it a rest. 

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 15, 2014, 04:47:12 PM »

Not involved at all in this, but I just wanted to post to say that it's no surprise that Jakally and Scotty77 (who just "get" everything generally) have hit the nail on the head here.

It's amazing how much people have got annoyed over a few hand histories misreported. He got crippled in a big hand which he reported and then can't remember the way he lost his last few chips? So what?! That's happened to me in loads of tournaments I've been staked for. And yeh maybe he was embarrassed about one hand he may have misplayed and didn't mention it / misreported it. Not cool, but certainly not worthy of all this. You'd have thought he'd grimmed everyone.

I've read every page of this diary and the moment Eso posted that he'd put Peter in the GP it was clear this was quite a big step in the diary, or Peter's career. Getting staked by loved members of the blonde community - I'm sure he didn't want to let them down. So if he ballsed up a hand, you can see how it happened that he didn't want this to come out. Not condoning this btw, much better in the long run to hold your hands up and say "tbh i made a big cock up and that cost me, sorry guys" than to cover up and then get found out afterwards.

Tbh, it was super obvious that this had happened just from watching this thread. Every hand and tournament, analysed and details recorded in meticulous fashion (eg. GPS report) and then this one was brushed aside with some throwaway comments from Peter some time after the tournament was over iirc.

He's made some mistakes with how he's handled this, sure. But hasn't deserved anything like the tirade he's got here.

Peter hasn't misrepresented himself at all from what I can see. He doesn't claim to be anything he's not. He believes he's a winning player, and has a decent record in the tournaments he's playing / being staked for. What else can he do? He can't show a sample size of 1000 live tournaments. He doesn't play online and doesn't claim to be an online sicko, no-one's asked him for online records either. He might be a tad optimistic about his ability level, and , but who isn't? I definitely was when I was at his stage / age, and probably still am!

RE the playing for 10% of yourself. Tomsom et al are completely wrong about this. It might seem ridiculous to you. It's certainly not a way to make money. It's certainly not the done thing. It probably isn't a very good idea long term. But there's nothing wrong with it if he tries his best and gives it his all. Which it's immediately obvious he does. If someone put you in the $10k WSOP main for a 10% freeroll would you accept? Many people would. He's doing it for the love of the game, for the experience, maybe to build up a reputation, winning record, bigger sample size (!) and he might make some money in the process. Who are any of you to say he can't do that? Fair enough to advise him about better ways to go about building a bankroll, but this has gone way past that now.

It's absolutely turned into a witchhunt because Peter is seen as an easy target and he's been a bit of a wally here. It's very much like what happened to John Black (I'm one of the guilty ones here) and that resulted in Blonde losing a great character.

Blonde is a lot more colourful place with these characters about so please, until Peter actually does something really bad, give it a rest. 
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 15, 2014, 04:48:03 PM »

Very good post from Alex. It would absolutely be a shame if Peters diary left blonde, it would also be a shame if Peter felt almost, well not scared, but abit intimidated or embarressed about going back to DTD as if I was him and there was a group of guys on the other side of the room evidently talking about me it wouldnt be a nice experience. I think you should also listen to JGILL too though, just try and show TomSom a little bit more respect, just have a beer at the bar together and speak about it. He didnt invest in you because he thought you were the best player in the world, he thought you were a good player, which Im sure you are and he thought you came across as a really nice guy. Anybody who knows Tomsom will tell you he is a great guy too, so just offer him a beer at DTD next time you are going and speak about it, if you offer that he definitely wouldnt keep posting in the thread or "witch-hunting" you. Rexas, JGILL et al actually all come across very reasonable and to me it looks like they are trying to help you as friends.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: February 15, 2014, 04:54:46 PM »

Don't know Peter at all, read the thread a bit but don't really know the full story.

Spoke to Tomsom a lot on Skype the last 6 months or so, pretty much 100% certain that he isn't the type to be going on a witch hunt.
bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: February 15, 2014, 04:56:28 PM »

sigh must learn how to quote individual parts of another post.

when i think about it the part alex mentioned about 10% makes total sense to me r.e

A. gaining experience in large field live mtts

B. potentially winning a few k. i would def take an offer with v juicy prize pool but **** sitting about all day in xxxl25. prob around 50 notes f you final table and bust early, if in for 10%

C. the social aspect. if you are gonna sit about on the sofa watching winter olympics you mght as well have a punt.

on a side note alex congrats on ept run. had a tiny piece of you in main event wsop through mate of mne. (cheapwetsuit), get your diary going again was a great read.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: February 15, 2014, 05:05:51 PM »

post moar

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: February 15, 2014, 06:13:48 PM »

From what I've heard a significant amount of chips were lost with the 4 s that can't seem to be remembered which understandably is frustrating some people, as other hands such as the jacks one it seems weren't for as much as claimed to be and Matt tom etc are aware of this which is why they are annoyed that some important questions have been continuously avoided.  

Now whilst I think some of the things posted may have been harsh, calling this a witch hunt doesn't seem right really and Matt, Tom, Jon etc are hardly the type of people to start one.  The whole scenario has been undoubtedly worsened by Pete's poor handling of the situation.  Had he initially apologised and owned up to falsifying these hands this definitely would not have escalated as it has, instead he has been avoiding discussing some of the questions that Tom and others would like answered and perhaps their frustration can be seen in their posts.

Good luck with your endeavours Pete and I hope you continue posting.

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: February 15, 2014, 08:07:39 PM »

Welcome back Alex.

Allez!!
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: February 15, 2014, 08:16:31 PM »

Welcome back Alex.

Diary post?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: February 15, 2014, 08:29:05 PM »

It would seem my faith in Peter has been very much misplaced. I guess I felt sorry for him and the way people seemed to be ganging up on him so kept quiet about what had happened between us.

When I first started staking him he had min cashed a couple of times so I was quite happy to reinvest in him. We had accumulated a pot of around £200 when he entered a £100 game which I had 50%. He ended up coming second for £7k woop happy days. I told him that from my half I would give him half back in stakings so he would have a decent amount of money to play with. I asked him to send me the money and I would keep track of the bankroll. I also told him to keep £250 and add it to the £150 he already had as he was going to USA and planned on playing a few games while he was out there.

He sent me £2690 saying it was the most he could send as his bank balance had a limit on how much he could withdraw in a month and as he was off to america in a few days it would have to wait until he returned 3 months later. As it happened he wasnt out there as long as he thought he would be and was back a few days later having spent the £400 and the remaining money he owed on a plane fare home.

He promised he would repay the money from any winnings so I was caught in a situation where he needed to play to keep this promise so like a mug I continued to stake him for the remainder.

He didnt cash again so I reluctantly told him to write off the debt and perhaps pay me it back if he ever had another big score.

The reason I didnt tell this before is because I felt like a bit of a fool but I didnt want to go back on my word. I also liked the lad and felt he had potential on a long term basis.

My opinion however has been changed today when I was told that he had done a deal when HU and had actually won 9k. He kept this from me though he denies it. It certainly wasnt something I was likely to forget but I did check pms to make sure. Im still a bit in profit so its not all bad but certainly not as much as I should be.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: February 15, 2014, 08:45:11 PM »

I have no idea what's going on but looking in this seems like a bit of a witch hunt.

I really wanted to stay out of this but feel now I should say something.

I have been and still am one of Peters stakers. I met him when I was playing an Apat game at DTD which ended with us heads up. I saw in him a passion for poker that I had lost and wanted to encourage him as a young player.

I was under no illusions that he was a pro, in fact the completely the opposite. I knew he was a student with little money, no time to play sats but with a desire to play live. He also admitted that he was crap online so preferred to go along the staking route.

Yes he does it differently from conventional staking and I have also explained to him that he needs to build a bankroll and invest more himself but as he said he doesnt have the time and just wants to play for the love of the game.

Whos to say this is wrong?

Im sure if he becomes a more profitable player then his approach will change but for now I dont see any harm in what he is doing. His stakers are taking a gamble on him but isnt that the same with all stakings? I have staked players in the past with much better stats but so far Peter has been the most profitable.

His main crime here seems to be that he has reported his HH wrong?

Does it really matter?

If I stake a player I am not looking to analise the HH, yes its nice to be kept informed and fun to rail but that player is in the comp to win isnt he? If he loses enough times I wont stake anymore...simplez.

How on earth can you make this post knowing what is written in the post above? Or did you literally just find this out suzanne.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: February 15, 2014, 08:47:43 PM »

I have no idea what's going on but looking in this seems like a bit of a witch hunt.

I really wanted to stay out of this but feel now I should say something.

I have been and still am one of Peters stakers. I met him when I was playing an Apat game at DTD which ended with us heads up. I saw in him a passion for poker that I had lost and wanted to encourage him as a young player.

I was under no illusions that he was a pro, in fact the completely the opposite. I knew he was a student with little money, no time to play sats but with a desire to play live. He also admitted that he was crap online so preferred to go along the staking route.

Yes he does it differently from conventional staking and I have also explained to him that he needs to build a bankroll and invest more himself but as he said he doesnt have the time and just wants to play for the love of the game.

Whos to say this is wrong?

Im sure if he becomes a more profitable player then his approach will change but for now I dont see any harm in what he is doing. His stakers are taking a gamble on him but isnt that the same with all stakings? I have staked players in the past with much better stats but so far Peter has been the most profitable.

His main crime here seems to be that he has reported his HH wrong?

Does it really matter?

If I stake a player I am not looking to analise the HH, yes its nice to be kept informed and fun to rail but that player is in the comp to win isnt he? If he loses enough times I wont stake anymore...simplez.

How on earth can you make this post knowing what is written in the post above? Or did you literally just find this out suzanne.

I just found out today that he had actually won 9k. The rest I put down to my own stupidity.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: February 15, 2014, 08:49:44 PM »

Wow

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: February 15, 2014, 08:51:07 PM »

is that theft or?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: February 15, 2014, 08:54:00 PM »

I think it's just become serious enough that it might be best to keep conversations off the visible internet until it's been discussed directly between the affected parties. It might be that it can't be sorted by conversation, but nothing is going to be resolved ITT.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: