blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 08:43:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream  (Read 99939 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: February 16, 2014, 04:16:18 PM »

Surely it's a good thing for family/non poker friends to know their family member / mate is a thief?

As someone who has been grimmed twice (fortunately got my money back both times) I think some people are far too lenient and quick to forgive. I believe in second chances but only after they have learned their lesson or at least had time to think about it..

Obv the actual monetary figure we are talking about here is relatively small but the intention behind what happened isn't.

If we just go around snap forgiving everyone saying "no worries, shit happens, pay me back whenever" then what's to stop it happening again

Did I miss that post?

Or does it qualify if someone just didn't suggest beating him up?

I don't expect everyone will agree on something as emotive as this. A lot of us have been owed money and only the lucky ones get it paid back. Treating each case on its merits and allowing the people involved to sort it out themselves first is just common sense.

If you're thinking of showing up at DTD giving it the full Dog the Bounty Hunter routine, I suspect you'll be kept busy with others, too.

Millidonk, you've got a wonderful and clear sense of right and wrong. Your passion for that always comes through in your posts. But not everyone sees things in the same terms. Let the people involved sort it out. It might be that those affected actually feel the same as you and that will come out in the wash. What I would hate is for this thread to make anything worse than it already is.

FWIW, I'm not condoning what's happened but how I would feel in Suzanne's position doesn't matter. The irony is, a few days ago, there were comments about it being a witch hunt by a few people. Now it's at risk of becoming something worse and I think those who read this thread as outsiders should think carefully before posting anything.

I know blonde doesn't lock threads for this kind of stuff, but as IceShade might well not come back to the thread, I do have to question what good can come of keeping it open for comment.

I'll now take my own advice and not post again ITT.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 16, 2014, 04:18:29 PM »

I'm gonna batter fk out of millimug at the weekend. Eso told me he's got really short legs.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 16, 2014, 04:35:14 PM »

Surely it's a good thing for family/non poker friends to know their family member / mate is a thief?

As someone who has been grimmed twice (fortunately got my money back both times) I think some people are far too lenient and quick to forgive. I believe in second chances but only after they have learned their lesson or at least had time to think about it..

Obv the actual monetary figure we are talking about here is relatively small but the intention behind what happened isn't.

If we just go around snap forgiving everyone saying "no worries, shit happens, pay me back whenever" then what's to stop it happening again

Did I miss that post?

Or does it qualify if someone just didn't suggest beating him up?

I don't expect everyone will agree on something as emotive as this. A lot of us have been owed money and only the lucky ones get it paid back. Treating each case on its merits and allowing the people involved to sort it out themselves first is just common sense.

If you're thinking of showing up at DTD giving it the full Dog the Bounty Hunter routine, I suspect you'll be kept busy with others, too.

Millidonk, you've got a wonderful and clear sense of right and wrong. Your passion for that always comes through in your posts. But not everyone sees things in the same terms. Let the people involved sort it out. It might be that those affected actually feel the same as you and that will come out in the wash. What I would hate is for this thread to make anything worse than it already is.

FWIW, I'm not condoning what's happened but how I would feel in Suzanne's position doesn't matter. The irony is, a few days ago, there were comments about it being a witch hunt by a few people. Now it's at risk of becoming something worse and I think those who read this thread as outsiders should think carefully before posting anything.

I know blonde doesn't lock threads for this kind of stuff, but as IceShade might well not come back to the thread, I do have to question what good can come of keeping it open for comment.

I'll now take my own advice and not post again ITT.

Tal, thanks for trying to paint me as a mindless thug but if anything it is your post which is more likely to escalate things. The bolded part in my post wasn't too far off the mark but you made quite a big leap from me not snap forgiving people to talks of violence.

I agree that it is the lucky ones who get it back; One of the ways I got £6k back for me and my friends was by letting the grimmer's sister know of the situation who subsequently took out a loan and paid us all back. I actually didn't inform one of my friends that his money had been lost as he is a bit of a wrong un and would have snap resorted to violence, which I do not condone. I on the other hand chose not to speak to him for a couple of years before we made up.

I received the sarcastic tone in your post loud and clear and whilst I do not think every such circumstance is black and white I do think it is quite clear cut here. If you re-read JGill's post it was transparent what the guy planned to do and from the tone of his replies it is also appears that he isn't too sorry for it..

The great thing about an open forum on the internet is that the majority of the time we get to put our views across whether people agree with them or not.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 04:37:15 PM by millidonk » Logged

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 16, 2014, 04:39:40 PM »

I'm gonna batter fk out of millimug at the weekend. Eso told me he's got really short legs.

millimug. I like it. Name change please MOD?

Mate, I will just make sure I am by the cameras then take whatever you have to give then sue you for attempted GBH.

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 16, 2014, 04:55:27 PM »

Peter has been in touch with me via facebook.

He said it was never his intentions to con me out of any money and that it was all an oversight which happened at a time when he was preoccupied with going to USA etc, not sure I believe him but thats another matter.

He said he is in a lot of debt at the moment and not sure how long it will take but that he will pay me back the £1k. Meanwhile he is staying away from poker until this is sorted.

He also said he will not be posting on this thread but asked me to post when he has paid me back in full which I have agreed to do.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 16, 2014, 05:00:56 PM »

He said it was never his intentions to con me out of any money and that it was all an oversight which happened at a time when he was preoccupied with going to USA etc, not sure I believe him but thats another matter.

He said he is in a lot of debt at the moment and not sure how long it will take but that he will pay me back the £1k. Meanwhile he is staying away from poker until this is sorted.

He also said he will not be posting on this thread but asked me to post when he has paid me back in full which I have agreed to do.

Sounds like a good plan. Hope you get your money back soon.

suzanne

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 16, 2014, 05:09:13 PM »

Sounds like a good plan. Hope you get your money back soon.

I hope so too for his peace of mind more than anything.

Thank you to everyone who has helped to try and sort out this tricky situation.
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 16, 2014, 06:26:01 PM »

Preoccupied with going to the USA?lol plzzzzzz .suppose this situation is non of my business but seeing as I've backed in the past a few time and did support I've got the right to think its BS.
Clouded minds most of all Pete's
I hope he sorts this out and gets his life sorted insted of making excuses

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
kano

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 16, 2014, 11:40:43 PM »

Blonde seems to be a magnet for these scumbags, shame people take advantage of a friendly forum like this one.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 16, 2014, 11:46:29 PM »

Not really. Poker itself has issues. This problem did not occur on blonde and our staking guidelines prevented it being a potential issue for more posters

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 16, 2014, 11:58:24 PM »

id say blonde has less problems then the rest of the poker community due to the network on here. Everyone knows someone who will know someone else who knows the person etc etc.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 16, 2014, 11:59:34 PM »

id say blonde has less problems then the rest of the poker community due to the network on here. Everyone knows someone who will know someone else who knows that Callum Morgan is a twat etc etc.

fyp
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 17, 2014, 12:02:57 AM »

id say blonde has less problems then the rest of the poker community due to the network on here. Everyone knows someone who will know someone else who knows that Ross Patman is shit at poker

fyp

FYP again

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 17, 2014, 12:03:51 AM »

I'd make some tea tighty, this may take some time!!!!
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 17, 2014, 08:41:02 AM »

Blonde seems to be a magnet for these scumbags, shame people take advantage of a friendly forum like this one.

Strange world isn't it.  I was about to post and say the opposite, but didn't really know where it should go or even if it should go but I feel that it can now.

This site is the only site where I feel as safe as is possible in staking.  The small amount I place is with know individuals  who have solid reps, regular posters and who for the life of me you could never see doing a win and then doing a runner.  (doubt I will ever get to find out though coz my guys don't do winning Smiley  )  I enjoy railing when I can't play or be arsed to play and the rail these guys keep are the dogs as far as I am concerned.  They do what they say they will do in the OP

Have done a bit of staking else where and had 2 runners back to back.

Love the site and feel safe and comfortable operating with in it.  Just look how this thread as developed, yes you get a few naughty posters but you generally get every body in accord with balanced arguments, keep up the good work.

Steve
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: