blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:54:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The Wild Rollercoaster - Just A Kid With A Lifelong Dream  (Read 99397 times)
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: January 16, 2014, 07:08:19 PM »

All about the clock.

That's why AK is fine to fold in this situation.  Same amount of BBs in an XXL probably never gonna be fine to fold unless you have a super solid read on the villain.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 16, 2014, 07:09:23 PM »

All about the clock.

That's why AK is fine to fold in this situation.  Same amount of BBs in an XXL probably never gonna be fine to fold unless you have a super solid read on the villain.

Totally, AK is slightly different. But was just an interesting question regarding those situations in general.

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 16, 2014, 07:13:47 PM »

For example, UTG ships 8bbs, UTG+1 rehoves about double that, folds to me with AJ on the button, i sigh, say how much of a nit i am and fold. There im happy witht he decision, as nearly always im behind/ dominated by at least one. One of the guys questioned me and saud how can you fold ace jack, its a £25 comp, got to stick it in and gamble, this was level 3 i think, and i still had 80bbs. Still think its a fold regardless, at that stage, whether its an XXL ot the WSOP ME. Correct thinking or are other flicking it in there in similar scenarios, with similar holdings?

Almost always a Mistake to get 80 bigs in there with aj, regardless of buy in, surely?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 16, 2014, 07:17:04 PM »

I might be wrong, maybe more like 50bbs, the AJ was just an example, the discussion was that can you really fold that hand, when the av stack might be 20bbs in an hour. JUst an example

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 16, 2014, 07:39:04 PM »

Still seems wrong.

So many experts playing poker these days..

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 16, 2014, 07:50:46 PM »

What very few people know about Verndog is that his strategy is to rofl it in all over the place, get lucky, win, and then slowly edit the story from things like "Got in a three way all in for 80bbs with AJ against utg and utg+1" to something like "Raise called with AA off 18bbs btn vs BB."

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: January 16, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »

What very few people know about Verndog is that his strategy is to rofl it in all over the place, get lucky, win, and then slowly edit the story from things like "Got in a three way all in for 80bbs with AJ against utg and utg+1" to something like "Raise called with AA off 18bbs btn vs BB."

£7k says it works Wink

Also with regards to your guys discussion about buyin differentials i agree with gilly, it shouldn't affect people, but likely does.
Me personally id love to sit here and preach about how i'd play the same regardless, and while i would some of the time that some is not all, as it rightly should be

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 16, 2014, 08:03:55 PM »

I think Verndog is awesome.  As it stands 2014 is Verndog 7000 - 0 Rexas.  Iceshade is gonna win the lot this year too.

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #158 on: January 16, 2014, 08:04:15 PM »

I think Verndog is awesome.  As it stands 2014 is Verndog 7000 - 0 Rexas.  Iceshade is gonna win the lot this year too.

<3

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 16, 2014, 08:05:17 PM »

Still seems wrong.

So many experts playing poker these days..

Getting AJ in with 50 BBs and no history is probably more wrong in a £25 comp than at a $10/20 table with loads of history.   Even then they are still raising from UTG and UTG+1.  Blocker though.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 16, 2014, 08:08:11 PM »

Agreed on all accounts.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 16, 2014, 08:18:39 PM »

I might be wrong, maybe more like 50bbs, the AJ was just an example, the discussion was that can you really fold that hand, when the av stack might be 20bbs in an hour. JUst an example

U 4bets alin with AQcc for around 35bigs .
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2014, 08:24:53 PM »

Agreed on all accounts.

<3 <3

WotRTheChances
MinRaiseFTW, WotRTheChances, Quelles_Sont

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 16, 2014, 09:17:27 PM »

First hand seems ok.

2nd hand i'm never folding, we're basically never crushed, decent % of the time we're 70%, also sometimes flipping obv. Probably isnt terrible folding here, but calling has to be standard. Its a live DTD comp, people just lose their minds.

Final hand is a clear fold pre. Flop cant be that bad i guess... but you shouldn't ever be seeing one.
Ice Shade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #164 on: January 16, 2014, 09:24:32 PM »

First hand seems ok.

2nd hand i'm never folding, we're basically never crushed, decent % of the time we're 70%, also sometimes flipping obv. Probably isnt terrible folding here, but calling has to be standard. Its a live DTD comp, people just lose their minds.

Final hand is a clear fold pre. Flop cant be that bad i guess... but you shouldn't ever be seeing one.

Any argument for the fact that the "live DTD comp" happened to be a GPS? or would you say it's standardized?

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: