blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:25:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker - Absolute Joke or am I in the wrong?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker - Absolute Joke or am I in the wrong?  (Read 9496 times)
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2014, 11:36:04 PM »

I think that you are in the wrong.  You enter a satellite win it and then decide to unreg without checking first whether what you normally do other sites is the same practice at Sky.  When it's not you think that they are a joke of an operation.  I think you should look a little closer to home when analysing this.

In saying this, I do think that as a gesture of goodwill it would have been best practice to offer you an entry into an alternative Bounty Hunter at a more convenient time as this would have generated the best customer experience for you at no cost to them and would have mitigated any risk of negative feedback but if your approach to them was with the same tone as in the op then I would understand why the might have chosen not to offer this to you.

I personally love playing on Sky and I think to insinuate that they are an absolute joke is unfair to the site and the work that they do to nurture poker in the UK particularly amongst recreational players

Didnt realise recreational players were meant to know the different software inside out.

Not exactly 'Nurturing'
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 11:37:10 PM »

Either way lets just move on, was just abit shocked.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 11:57:27 PM »

I can see OP's point.  Personally I don't think you should be allowed the option to sat in and then un-reg the way that you can on Starsand other sites. 

My reason for this is you get loads of decent players who target what they consider soft tourns to rack up the T$ and then there are folk who are genuinley trying to qualify for events outwith their normal limits who get turned over by these players who take risks as they have no intention of playing the actual game. 

I thought the idea of sats/steps was to move into the bigger tourns cut down on expenses etc.  When you get people who win multiple seats and then take the T$ I just think its unfair.

s4ooter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2014, 12:24:17 AM »

Someone did this for the £240 UKCP final sat.  This, however was not the beat....i spoke to them, they put me back in....and i pure bubbled the £1.1.k seat!!

Co-Presenter of "In The Muck Poker" Podcast
Pointless Champion - Blonde 2013

Blogging at http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=13225.180
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 12:36:01 AM »

I can see OP's point.  Personally I don't think you should be allowed the option to sat in and then un-reg the way that you can on Starsand other sites. 

My reason for this is you get loads of decent players who target what they consider soft tourns to rack up the T$ and then there are folk who are genuinley trying to qualify for events outwith their normal limits who get turned over by these players who take risks as they have no intention of playing the actual game. 

I thought the idea of sats/steps was to move into the bigger tourns cut down on expenses etc.  When you get people who win multiple seats and then take the T$ I just think its unfair.

Best post in the thread.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2014, 01:53:20 AM »

Satellites are stupid full stop.

Why not just play a regular tournament and if you win it, play a bigger tournament?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2014, 04:16:01 AM »

It's a rick. That's all. There should be no un reg option as per the sites rules. To give a player the option to un reg is unfair.

You get your 33 in total back after you send them an e-mail stating that 1 of their 3 directives from the GC is to act in a fair and open manner.

It is not fair to offer a customer an option which is contrary to the companies rules.

Maybe Sky Poker is not registered with UK  I have no idea.  You will all be protected from this in Dec this year when point of consumption tax arrives and all companies must act in a transparently fair manner.

I am pretty sure if you just explain to CS that un reg option seems unfair they will compensate and remove the option. None of these sites want to piss anyone off or the idea that they want to make bucks out of this situation is flawed.

Customers are everything and I would imagine they would prefer your custom than 25 bucks into the abyss.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: January 03, 2014, 07:30:01 AM »

Why not just play a regular tournament and if you win it, play a bigger tournament?

I love the DTD satellites for the deepstacks. I play the megasats, with 10 or more seats. Much easier to win a seat in one of them than it is to finish top three of a regular tournament imo.

Why do you think they are stupid?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2014, 07:57:01 AM »

I love the DTD satellites for the deepstacks. I play the megasats, with 10 or more seats. Much easier to win a seat in one of them than it is to finish top three of a regular tournament imo.

Why do you think they are stupid?

I'm with Kinboshi on this (although keep it under your hat).
is your dislike of satellites a recent thing?
You had extra in the stake for GUKPT to play the satellite, and weren't you asking to swap T$ the other day?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2014, 08:41:50 AM »

Extremely dull format of an exciting game. Anything that involves not playing or trying to win (in particular) should be looked down upon. Having said that, they are good value.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2014, 08:42:58 AM »

In reality whenever u win cash u just pocket it. Sattys force u to take a shot

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2014, 10:00:32 AM »

I can see OP's point.  Personally I don't think you should be allowed the option to sat in and then un-reg the way that you can on Starsand other sites.  

I thought the idea of sats/steps was to move into the bigger tourns cut down on expenses etc.  When you get people who win multiple seats and then take the T$ I just think its unfair.

This is possible on Sky. You just buy-in to the tourney and then play the sats. If you win a seat, because you've already registered, the cash equivalent of the buy-in is credited to your account and because you've bought in, you're free to dereg and get your money back. Often see this, whether it's this way or from winning multiple sats. It doesn't bother me if players are doing this as they are adding to the prize and generating extra seats.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 10:13:52 AM by Mohican » Logged

Cymru am byth
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2014, 03:22:34 PM »

Extremely dull format of an exciting game. Anything that involves not playing or trying to win (in particular) should be looked down upon. Having said that, they are good value.

Call. One of the most exciting, and certainly most tense, forms of the game that I've played is live NLHE satellites. Being all in on the pure bubble of a sat to a big comp you really wanna play is properly exhilarating, and the idea that people can win a seat to a big tournament for a tenth of the price is a fantastic one, imo. Without this, I wouldn't have a bankroll for sure, and a pretty big proportion of the field in a lot of the bigger tournaments nowadays are satellite entries, so whether you like them or not, they are certainly well attended.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2014, 04:13:25 PM »

Call. One of the most exciting, and certainly most tense, forms of the game that I've played is live NLHE satellites. Being all in on the pure bubble of a sat to a big comp you really wanna play is properly exhilarating, and the idea that people can win a seat to a big tournament for a tenth of the price is a fantastic one, imo. Without this, I wouldn't have a bankroll for sure, and a pretty big proportion of the field in a lot of the bigger tournaments nowadays are satellite entries, so whether you like them or not, they are certainly well attended.

But what about the times when you are comfortably in the seats with say 14 left and 10 seats guaranteed?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2014, 04:20:48 PM »

But what about the times when you are comfortably in the seats with say 14 left and 10 seats guaranteed?

That can be exciting too. Particularly when putting pressure on people.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: