blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:55:20 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Ragz 2014
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ragz 2014  (Read 66370 times)
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 27, 2016, 05:17:49 PM »

Kinda curious as to how you were 1/24, had 2.5 x his stack and came out with four big blinds... but anyways....

I'm not loving calling A5 in a normal tourney depending on the small blind's stack to ours, but in a satellite where we have a seat locked this is the snappiest of snappy folds - timebank every hand (particularly if it's very short stacked as your 'left with 4 big blinds' indicates!) - we're playing for 16th or better, not to win. I'd suggest either an element or ego or an automatic process of calling such spots in normal tournies was involved here.

I'm no expert on ICM, but folding everything here is likely +EV considering you've bought in for $27 with a circa 75 x prize at stake.

Cuz by the time there was 18 left I wasn't CL anymore. There is NEVER EVER such a thing as guaranteed seat in a satty. And jamming ATC as CL in sat bubbles is massively +ev and critical. Not in all cases but definitely 86s bvb lol. I prob should have folded the A5 as it's most likely +++ev compared to just +ev.

For the A5 v K8s you're giving wayyyyyyy too much credit to players. Yes virtually every Ace calls and if he doesn't have one protection against the club draw is definitely needed. Agreed I could maybe have played it differently though. Given that I'm CL the best play is to prob rejam pre.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 05:23:07 PM by Ragz » Logged
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2016, 08:22:35 PM »

So every time I log in at the moment is just purely farcical. Reload is about needed once again. Motivating yourself to play in these conditions is next to impossible. right now I'd prob snap a gutter sweeping using tongue job offer's arm off. Cracking last hand for the day to complete around 70 bricks of late.

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/20866818_BFF013F00D

dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 28, 2016, 08:20:51 PM »

Ah, ok, your chip stack / position etc. changing obviously alters everything completely... although I would disagree, there certainly is such a thing as a guaranteed satty seat... you just have to teach yourself to fold Aces/Kings etc. when you're effectively locked up! 😆

That Aces / AJ hand is brutal 😡

Mate, seriously consider if doing this full time is good for your wellbeing - you might be pleasantly surprised at the relief / release from stress you get by getting back into a 9-5 with guaranteed wages. Dave it for the weekends and maybe you'll bink the Sunday million ... 🤗

Good luck either way, and just remember there's much more to life than poker.
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 07, 2016, 01:18:51 PM »

You are so right bud, but the never say die within me just wants to fight through to the other side. We'll see how things are at the end of this 6 month period I guess.

So I got a reload the other day, a reload is roughly 100 abi's. I did almost the whole lot in 8hrs. This is my all in pre EV graph for October.

Click to see full-size image.

Hoping I don't have to get a 2nd reload meaning I'll have to make 3k just to break even. sigh. Might pop down to Genting on Monday when they have a super satellite for their leg of the GPS next week. Quite why they hold these important sats on a Monday is beyond me but whatevs, there's no online options to satty into Gentings anymore Sad Maybe I can conquer the live rig if I can't the online.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 07, 2016, 02:53:40 PM »

It's a bad graph you're basically always going to run under ev in chips. Have a look again in bbs, it shouldn't look so brutal.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2016, 07:39:45 PM »

Well you can have positive evbb/100 with terrible chip EV and terrible evbb/100 with awesome chip ev, in either case you're doing horribly somewhere along the line. I can have a consistent 8+evbb/100 for months on end with zero winnings and plenty of losses that's a fact. Also I am literally the nut no 1 guy on Stars who is coolered to death in every bvb or btn v blinds situation possible which will have negative effect on EV figures. The amount of times sb regs shove on me, check their rfi from sb, 150% sweet, call and they have top 15% 100% of the time is just unfathomable.

Anyway, bored of whining now, may aswell try and get something useful out of what one can control.  What's your thoughts on river play here? Opener was wide enough, senseless 3bing in this spot iyam, although it is 30bbs eff, but 3b call seems excessive in the positions even with just 30bbs, and 3b/folding seems a big waste of AQs. Villain flatting behind was 4/2 over 50 hands. I barrel turn thinking that in this rare case where mulitple people are in the pot ahead of him, the 4/2 from 50 might not be an accurate assessment to use here and could still easily have Qxss or whatever. Turn bet is roughly 3rd pot.

PokerStars Hand #159649752212: Tournament #1683982638, $40+$4 USD Hold'em No Limit - Level XIX (700/1400) - 2016/10/08 18:23:59 WET [2016/10/08 13:23:59 ET]
Table '1683982638 17' 9-max Seat #6 is the button
Seat 1: Kaczmarol (40985 in chips)
Seat 2: RagztoRiches (55559 in chips)
Seat 3: Tankanza (41168 in chips)
Seat 4: Deeagie (24891 in chips)
Seat 5: claire nea (31279 in chips)
Seat 6: Mr. MusQus (23055 in chips)
Seat 7: boarrder (55895 in chips)
Seat 8: onel4play (67586 in chips)
Seat 9: Ivan999D (40564 in chips)
Kaczmarol: posts the ante 175
RagztoRiches: posts the ante 175
Tankanza: posts the ante 175
Deeagie: posts the ante 175
claire nea: posts the ante 175
Mr. MusQus: posts the ante 175
boarrder: posts the ante 175
onel4play: posts the ante 175
Ivan999D: posts the ante 175
boarrder: posts small blind 700
onel4play: posts big blind 1400
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to RagztoRiches [ ]
Ivan999D: folds
Kaczmarol: raises 2030 to 3430
RagztoRiches: calls 3430
Tankanza: calls 3430
Deeagie: folds
claire nea: folds
Mr. MusQus: folds
boarrder: folds
onel4play: calls 2030
*** FLOP *** [ ]
onel4play: checks
Kaczmarol: checks
RagztoRiches: bets 4500
Tankanza: calls 4500
onel4play: folds
Kaczmarol: folds
*** TURN *** [ ] []
RagztoRiches: bets 8500
Tankanza: calls 8500
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
RagztoRiches:

p.s. don't assume I lost   Tongue
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:42:42 PM by Ragz » Logged
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 08, 2016, 08:58:15 PM »

If you really think

"Also I am literally the nut no 1 guy on Stars who is coolered to death in every bvb or btn v blinds situation possible which will have negative effect on EV figures. The amount of times sb regs shove on me, check their rfi from sb, 150% sweet, call and they have top 15% 100% of the time is just unfathomable."

Is true. You should hire Elliot Roe immediately. He's helped at least 100 people who were also 100% convinced they ran the worst on stars etc and has helped them turn their whole game/focus etc around. It's a small investment that can help you a lot.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 12, 2016, 08:15:26 PM »

Went to Genting's on Monday to play a £20 sat for a £220 seat, Southend's leg of GPS this week. 5 seats guaranteed from the off, it ended up 9 seats and £140 for 10th. Entertaining would be an understatement!

Got off to a decent start, at bb200 the usual suspects limping 80% or so, I make it 1k with QQ, two flatters, I'm sandwiched. AQ9cc (don't have a club) I opt for check raise and fortunately IP guy bets 2400 then old guy who hasn't shut up talking also flats leaving it all nicely for me to shove my 8-9k whatever I had. IP guy speeches how he knows what I've got but calls anyway, then OOP also calls making me convinced club and straight draws galore are gonna see me off early. They were actually as good as dead. AQ and AJ  Shocked Shocked and as it wasn't Stars the 9th Ace didn't come out.

Straight back to 94o every hand after that, literally didn't pick up suited anything the entire night, nothing even marginal to think of opening. Anything QT or JT looking was only ever UTG. Barely played a hand after first break then took down the very last hand then very first hand back after next break. A while later guy to my right opens button and I reshove 20bbs with A9o. He's opened a massive % whole game raising a whole table of limpers with stuff like T9o and K2s so A9 was obv the nuts here...and he snaps AKo. But I flop a 9  Shocked Shocked Shocked

Card dead again for a bit then open JTo into a guy in BB who'd come over with a fair old stack. He defends I check back QJx, he checks a brick turn, I bet he fold. Orbit or so later same scenario with same guy but this time I have Q8hh. Flop was J9xcc. check check, turn's a Q and he bets I call. River's a brick and he bets pretty big without much deliberation. Figured I'm no good unless he's valuetowning himself with KJ/AJ so just folded. Might've been an idea to raise his turn bet so I get a check river, still plenty he has which would call the raise and be losing.

From the very start there was a woman probably in her 50's to my very left, claimed she's never played and certainly had the table in...shall we call them, silenced private hysterics. In one hand she's limped or called a raise and two guys end up all in pre and she folds, stating a minute later she folded Aces. Mixture of lip biting and flat out eruption of laughter from some, I was a bit in between not wanting to offend her like, had a little chortle. Thinking ah she's just hustling, later on she proved she wasn't! Calling down 3 streets quite often on the most horrific boards with stuff like 55 (QTJQ6ccc) and eventually called herself out of the game calling all the way with ATo on QJxQJ lol. Poor ol girl, like to see her back tho  Grin

Get moved to another table finally and am faced with a UTG limp and MP shove for 24k at bb3k sitting on ATss btn. Had no clue on anyone's game in the slightest so opted to fold, UTG decided to call with QJss and shover had A7, ran out blank barring a Ten I would've hit. Prolly should've called but being a satty with 9 seats and assuming most of them are nits I didn't. That guy later went on to open tons of pots and limper went onto limp 100% so had I know that beforehand would've snapped.

Onto another table and down to 18 left I get one 8bb shove through otherwise card frozen as usual, eventually jam KTo bvb into a guy who snapped A9o and I flopped pretty much dead. Enjoyed the experience.
Could ask 3 mates if they wanna go quarters on the £220 game maybe... Shame no online sats are available any more.

Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 13, 2016, 11:38:33 PM »

Well 70% losing days since Sept 1st (as per rest of the year) now at 200 abi's screwed, probably means nothing in MTT's but this is 92% small-medium field SnG's. Can't afford to live now but have no choice but to work out of MU.  

Reasonable bb/100 means nothing. I wonder how long you can win well at bb/100 and lose bags of money? Probably for life using scamaya-invented-math.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 11:40:31 PM by Ragz » Logged
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 26, 2016, 03:50:03 AM »

I haven't played a huge amount since last post but when I have, it's been lose lose lose, pretty much. I did type out a huge post on the surreality of what I'm going through but found that just typing it out was therapeutic enough and cba to post it. So I won't harp on about perma=runhell.

But I had an eventful evening Sunday the 16th. I'd planned to go down to Westcliff while the final stages of the mini GPS was on with the hope of catching lots of tilted bustees at the cash tables. Spent all day procrastinating whether or not to go, and in the end had to force another side of my brain to kick my ass to go down. "You'll never amount to shit if you don't start getting more live in". I suppose it's the 50 minute drive that makes it harder to go through with. But am I glad I did!! Maybe it was that conscious forcing the angel on shoulder side of my brain to battle with the satan side that I got rewarded for.

Intending on getting there for 8pm, start of break for the £100 side game which would've started at 6, alas they weren't running any cash in the main card room. Got pointed towards the 50p/£1 game running in the main gambool area, though, so went and sat down to around 6 players, most of whom were bantering away knowingly to one another. It's funny listening to them, saying what they will/won't, would/wouldn't do in every hand, like they're best mates strategising at home. It does get borderline sometimes where I'm wondering is anything gonna get reported yet? One guy just got up and moved seats, I was like "EH?? Are u allowed to do that??" Sexy blond dealer just looks vacantly and offender says "yh u can here." wtf

So I sat down with £100 and walk off an hour later with £350, cheers lads. To start with, AK in the BB make it £8 with 4 limpers or so, 2 flat, horrific flop, check-don't bother. It's a nightmare working out what to do in such huge VPIP games with so many different stack sizes.

I get KK, again in the blinds. Limped round again I make it £7 and just the one guy calls, he's to my direct right and is VPIP 100%. Flop Q27hh, I bet £10 he calls. Turn , I check-call £10. River off suit King, I check-ponder £10. Had I known more about the guy I'd have probably just kept barreling but was paranoid of flush. He has 72o  Typical me style he obv flopped the world, but has zero aggression allowing me to get there.

Then get A8dd in MP, and am looking really shakey cuz two chips were stuck together and I was trying to shake them apart, one guy remarked I'm so excited I must have Aces. Didn't stop half the table calling my £4 raise. Flop A89r, I decide to check riase but no one bets. Turn 4, SB leads out £12 I call. River 8, nice. He checks now and I keep head down, hand covering cheek, deliberating, handle some chips for a few secs and throw out £30. He mutters "why so much if you've just go an Ace?" and all sorts of other gibberish, clearly I look nervous as hell which is prob what makes him call, no idea what he had. Prob a 9.

Then get AA and a new boy just sat opposite me flats and says "looks like it's just me n u." LOL ok teenager, bring your game. Horrible flop, QJTr, but he's mucking them before my cbet even gets in the middle. Dayum. I decide to show that one.

Then get AK in the BB again. UTG has made it £6 and there's like 4 callers, no way I'm gonna sit here working out everyone's stacks to decide some weird 3bet size, just call. QJTss, I have Ace spades. OP bets £12 I think it was and 3 call, so I just jam. OP folds, says after it's AQ, so do the rest leaving 100% drunken guy who actually tanked for 30 seconds with 89 lol. No showdown in cash though and turn pairs a Ten so I'm thinking great he boated up, but he showed his losing hand. nice.

Set out what I hoped to do, made a desperate wage for bread n water and went home.

Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 26, 2016, 04:23:40 AM »

LOL Kassouf's exit hand, part of me actually wanted the King as tilting as he is after seeing flush entity bawling about it
moustache

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2016, 01:38:04 PM »

'Set out what I hoped to do, made a desperate wage for bread n water and went home.'

Your tone seems very negative lately, it sucks to be on a downswing (I really know what it's like from experience) but when the winning days also make you feel bad, like finally I won a crust, even though I should have won loads more, and il probably be back to bad luck again tomorrow, it's time for a break and change in attitude. Positive thinking really does breed success and even when the losing sessions happen it is easier to cope when you feel ok inside. It is entirely possible that you are the unluckiest player on the Internet, there has to be one after all, but it is MUCH more likely that you aren't playing your best and that is also contributing to your bad feels. Give the coach pleno suggested a try if you can, or youtube Louise Hay positive affirmations if paying for coaching isn't your thing. Have a couple of days off doing something fun and get back to it with the attitude of a winner and you will turn it all around!
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 10, 2016, 01:54:23 AM »

Thanks for the opinion.

Things are going hysterically. Received another reload today, half of that is gone in a couple hours, so another 50bi's or so. Around $6k in MU now abi 17.

Lovely week so far.

I remember a player called nineallday00, had your typical American graph, steadily up and up and up til end of 2010, then right down the other side of the mountain thereafter. Black Friday wasn't to blame as the descent started in the latter part of 2010. Unless he had some kinda stroke, there is literally no reason for it happening. A total of 1875 abi's before he quit. I always remember thinking he must be terrible, but now I know that might not necessarily have been the case. As I sit here daily watching regs I've always been several points up on now earning 3-5x more than I do while I watch their dreadful ICM mistakes and post flop spews and whatever else makes them, in my opinion, barely even of average skill, I realise that you can't truly measure anyone by their results whatsoever. Just go to a variance deviation calculator and see for yourself. Opinions on what is good poker are just that and nothing more, opinions. There is no yardstick to definitively say "yes that is optimal".

Nothing much one can do, I'm studying more than ever, marking nearly 100 hands a day to ICM check, and deciding now to go for every tiny edge regarding shoving more than I ever did before, which I think makes more sense these days as edges get thinner and thinner and fish more sparse. Have to take +0.04 edges now instead of sitting back on +0.2 and so on.

Analysing my stats constantly and trying to figure out this mess, I noticed my bb/100 is actually higher the past couple years than ever before, yet the ROI less than a 3rd lol. Maybe I should play cash? At least each bb/100 is money in the bank then. Wonder what number of bi's a cash requirement is these days. Never heard of anyone ever losing more than 50, not that I read too many cash blogs or anything. I asked some London live blogger the most he's ever lost and his answer was 4  

Jesus Christ.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:57:19 AM by Ragz » Logged
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 10, 2016, 02:06:58 AM »

Never heard of anyone ever losing more than 50, not that I read too many cash blogs or anything.

Yeh 50 in a day is pretty hard to do even these days.
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 18, 2016, 02:49:35 AM »

Had a miraculous winning day on Tuesday. And then something big happened. On Weds Stars introduced what could be a giant game changer to the world of MTT SnG's. They've scrapped the $15 45 and 180's (which sucks a bit as the 45's was the only remaining game I ran ok in this year)

..and have brought in $15 27-180man on-demands!! They're standard t1500 with a 25min late reg, game starts when 27 are regged and caps at 180 (although I don't think a single game has hit 180 yet), blind structure is that of a 180-man. The first day they were only rolling out another in the lobby once late reg had finished, but the next day they rolled out another one as soon as one kicked off and soon there was like 16+ games running!!

First thoughts were very exciting, but then you realise that basically what has been happening is that the 60-70 regs for every 180-man there was, are all facing each other in an endless amount of reg infested 60-90 mans!!! Then there's the issue of if you reg from the beginning you're huge % to be at a table full of just regs. So it's tough to say what is better, 18 games running of 95% reg packed 60-90 mans or 5-6 45/180's with more fish in them? I'm inclined to think the former really should be a better return, but who knows.

Also the payouts on the first day seemed a bit naff, but today I noticed they've changed them, however quite where Stars are gettting their feedback on this matter from I'm unsure as no rep is talking about it in any of the 2+2 threads, like they have done in the past. Oh and sharkscope isn't picking them at all either for some reason.

I've only played a handful as I've been making a few life changes. Today I bought a Herman Miller aeron chair, second hand, excellent condition off ebay for £270, they're nearly a grand brand new now. And have temporarily set up in the gf's spare room, positioning myself as best I can in accordance with my feng shiu kua number which is 5. Haven't got a solid connection yet as my wifi dongle is old and a bit iffy, so I've smaple 4-5 tabled some stuff, early signs are zero difference, still getting obliterated. yada, gfy to that

« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 02:51:25 AM by Ragz » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: