blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 01:25:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272902 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD  (Read 111367 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #615 on: March 16, 2015, 01:10:22 PM »

And as supplementary point, why are golf courses built to either favour a fader or a drawer?

Reed was obviously hampered as the course favoured players that move the ball the other way to him (he is a hooker I think)

Is it beyond the designers ken to build half the holes to favour each type of ball hitter?

As doubleup said, a decent professional should be able to work the ball both ways although a course which favours a player's natural shape of shot is always an advantage.

I'm a big fan of Patrick Reed but his game does currently look somewhat one-dimensional due to his inability to play the fade. He has been struggling a little bit with his swing in the last few weeks which could be the reason.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #616 on: March 16, 2015, 01:22:19 PM »

On we go then.

So, any early thoughts or value on The Masters?

http://www.oddschecker.com/golf/the-masters

Wait for the 6 places as usual.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #617 on: March 16, 2015, 02:52:07 PM »

less of the baldy stuff tyvm

Had my first round of the year yesterday up at Crail.  Golf v bad but weather and course condition surprisingly good for the time of year.

I've just looked up Crail in my book and it sounds like an amazing place to play but obviously pretty challenging. Were you a founder-member of the society?

Which reminds me, how's that old lagtard ScotlandStu keeping these days?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #618 on: March 16, 2015, 03:01:59 PM »

less of the baldy stuff tyvm

Had my first round of the year yesterday up at Crail.  Golf v bad but weather and course condition surprisingly good for the time of year.

I've just looked up Crail in my book and it sounds like an amazing place to play but obviously pretty challenging. Were you a founder-member of the society?

Which reminds me, how's that old lagtard ScotlandStu keeping these days?

Glass houses etc

Haven't seen him for a while, I got fed up with self-deal tournaments, but the Genting has brought in a dealer dealt game and Stu plays there so I've been mulling a comeback to live action.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #619 on: March 17, 2015, 01:16:17 PM »

Bit of early action for me on Brandon Hagy.  He has been shooting some decent scores but putting in a bad round here and there.  BMU have him at 70-1 for a top ten and 16-1 for a top twenty.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #620 on: March 18, 2015, 03:35:40 PM »

Gone for Lucas Glover T10 @ 14-1 and T20 @ 6-1 as well.  He has showed improved form lately and seemed to play a bit better at Bay Hill than elsewhere.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #621 on: March 19, 2015, 11:56:21 AM »

Great to see two of my favs come alive in the shape of Jordy and Dustbin. I hope to see both figure strongly in The Majors ths year.

I gather the greens are in a pretty poor condition this week at Bay Hill, and as such if should level the playing field.

Two guys I follow have been playing well but at this level can putt for toffee, hopefully Gwen Stefani 100-1 and Rus Knox 90-1, will give me a run for my money.

Was almost tempted to include a win only on Rory, but not sure if all the "love in" stuff for him, will prevent total focus. Of the front guys Stenson looks ready to strike, but the price has gone.

In Europe, I don't think I have ever seen a worse field assembled for the weekly headline Tourny. No bet.

GL

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #622 on: March 19, 2015, 12:43:07 PM »

Agree about Stenson but not for me @~10/1.

Acouple of darts thrown at 'ArrisE and BrooksK @42 and 46.

GL

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #623 on: March 24, 2015, 10:49:06 AM »

Quite like the 5-1 about Marc Warren to T20 in the Valero.  He doesn't play in the US much but seems to play ok when he does.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #624 on: March 25, 2015, 01:29:00 AM »

Think it is 12 tournies in a row now on the PGA tour when the 3rd round leader has failed to convert.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #625 on: March 25, 2015, 01:40:50 AM »

Small dabbles on Camilo Parker-Bowles and Spencer Levein at speculative prices, as they've both been showing signs of life in recent weeks.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #626 on: March 25, 2015, 06:01:53 PM »

Think it is 12 tournies in a row now on the PGA tour when the 3rd round leader has failed to convert.

9 I thought?  Bill Haas was a joint leader at la quinta.  Here are the offenders
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #627 on: March 25, 2015, 08:52:42 PM »

Yeah you're probs right, perhaps it was 12 players.

Due to all the strange results this year I been mainly laying whoever was first round leader, just felt they had been too short. Never so keen to lay a 3rd round leader unless really short, but have noticed all the failures to convert this year.

Obv now posted it, will get a spell of front runners winning..lol
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #628 on: March 26, 2015, 09:14:13 AM »

Add Perez and Harman T20 bets. 

Also went for McDowell top Irish as it was half of an arb but couldn't do the other half.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #629 on: March 26, 2015, 03:49:06 PM »

72 players out on the course and only one of them is under par on -1.

I think it's a wild and windy day on a tough golf course in Texas.

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: