blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 02:37:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  HUNL Veteran getting back on track in 2014!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: HUNL Veteran getting back on track in 2014!  (Read 49560 times)
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: June 22, 2014, 10:21:45 AM »

What's up Blonde!

Have been really busy over the last few months and neglected updating this thread, but it's the day before I fly to Vegas and thought I'd post a quick update of what's been happening.

Did some travelling and poker in Europe with a couple of buddies, went to Stockholm and played the Nordic masters which was really fun despite the small prizepools and what not. It was more just an excuse to meet up with Scandi buddies, drink and play some cash games. After Stockholm we drove over the border and stayed in Oslo for a couple of days and stayed at my mates girlfriends before flying to Vienna for the EPT. We had a stopover in Munich before flying on to Vienna which was delayed meaning we missed our flight and had to stay in some ridix bowl hotel on the 'foreskin' of Munich. As they didn't take any credit card details when we checked in we attempted to drink both mini bars dry in order to take maximum value/pain on the airline for messing us around.

Oslo - bloody expensive!

We got to Vienna the next day and hopped straight in the Eureka 1k which got loads of runners, i eventually bust 45th or so for peanuts. The main was equally tilting as I got set over setted early on day 2 by Konstantin Puchkov with JJ vs KK on KJx x x . For anyone who hasn't been to Vienna, I'd highly recommend going. It has some great architecture and plenty to do and see. The venue for the EPT was the Hofburg palace which was spectacular and I'll def try and make it out there next year.

Getting some volume in the Eureka

Vienna on the Segway tour

Since getting back, I've been focused on grinding online which has been going really really well. Last year was a big disappointment, which has spurred me on a bit to work on my game and put the hours in. Playing professionally for so long, I'm often struggling for motivation but I truely love the game! Decided to play a little less PLO and work on NL game and have been mostly been battling 5-10 to 25/50 on all networks. Took some time away from the tables to work on GTO strategy and have been slowly implementing that into my HUNL game cos lets face it - the days of 'feel' poker in the online world are well and truly dead.

Outside of poker, i'm in the middle of buying my second house not far from where I live now. Really is a dream house and have to pinch myself to think it will be mine by the time I get back from Vegas on 14th July. Decided to put this house up for rent to earn some income on the side and start building my portfolio for when poker is officially dead! (FWIW I think online cash games will have deteriorated drastically by 2/3 years time judging by trends - iPoker/Ongame/Party all dropping 10/20+ stakes etc etc)

Pics of new house

Off to Vegas tomorrow for 3 weeks with my buddies, renting an apartment 10 mins walk from the strip which should be ideal. Planning on playing 8 events, all NL and then some 5/10 and 10/25 cash games depending on line ups. I've never been one to play huge live cash games - it's normally a pain carrying heaps of money around and worrying and busting and going to the cage to get more money out on cards which charge ridic rates. I absolutely love Vegas and wouldn't miss the WSOP for the world! Walking through the RIO and passing the big name pros is such an awesome feeling for a huge poker fan like myself!

I'll try posting a few more updates ITT, but I started this thread as motivation to do better this year and including live i'm on track from my best year yet! (JINX)

Hopefully bump into some of you in vegas! Good luck at the tables!
pokerfan

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2014, 01:10:04 PM »

Lovely house, boy done good.

Gl in Vegas.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2014, 10:23:03 PM »

Hey!

Good to see you back.

Best diary on here! More please:)

Sweet house and all the best for vegas, if you play your cards right over there maybe house no3 on it's way?Smiley

Good luck with the poker and have a great time.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 24, 2014, 02:31:49 PM »

beautiful kitchen, do u require personal chef/cleaner.......

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 25, 2014, 02:28:02 PM »

Wow, house looks unreal.

iPoker dropping 10/20 and 25/50 is literally heartbreaking news, now pretty much 888 and stars are the only places to play high stakes nowadays Sad

I do agree with you about the condition of online poker, I think it's more to do with your personal ability to commit the required level of focus and energy to the game as you get a bit older, 20-22yrs old and single you can give it your life, 30yrs old, with some real world commitments and a girlfriend/wife I think being realistic will be a struggle to maintain the dedication to poker that will be needed to beat poker as the games do continually improve, so thinking for a future away from online poker defo seems like a smart plan.

The one saving grace online poker had was that with mid-stakes becoming so much tougher the progression of talented mid-stakes players to high stakes will be stunted somewhat, so people with the ability to comfortably play 10/20 - 50/100 will hold a huge advantage...then all the sites start axing 2k+ tables and now we barely have that outside of pokerstars which isn't the place you wanna be heading if your looking for an easier time of it lol

shames, gl in Vegas.
*Lemme know if you ever wanna play some HU PLO as an educational exercise (we play 2 hrs smallish stakes and then chat after?) my HU game needs a fair bit of work...

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 26, 2014, 12:20:15 AM »

Lovely house, boy done good.

Gl in Vegas.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
RogerHairabedian

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2014, 04:03:40 PM »

Tyty for nice comments. Can't wait to get moved into the new pad.

Vegas has been absolutely brutal so far but enjoying our apartment and some time in the pool. Trying again with the 1k today, and still have a few more mtts before the main. Anyone got any recommendations for stuff to do for my bday? Thinking of going to see Mystere at treasure island and some fancy dinner afterwards.

Suuprlim will PM u details to set up a PLO match when I'm home 👌
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 29, 2014, 08:09:06 PM »

Incred house, congrats on it.

If you're looking show/dinner. You could prob do worse than Le Reve @ Wynn, followed by dinner at one of the Wynncore restaurants.

Or head over to Cut @ Palazzo, which is prob my favourite steakhouse in Vegas.

All the best for the rest of your trip!

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: