blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:25:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips  (Read 81473 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2014, 02:12:36 AM »

Live Poker
Seems like an age since anyone posted something worth reading in the diary!!
Will keep it short as dont have much joy to share. Bricked 4 live comps this weekend. 500 lasted till level 8, lost a big one with a set of Jacks, where the villain turned a straight with AK, should have lost the lot, but got our last 15bbs in with 2nd pair, against flopped quads, safe to say we didnt win!
the 150 was crazy, had a maniac table, hero called about 4 times and was good each time, but lost 2 double av pots with a set v a flush draw, then K10cc v J10os on AJxcc, which was frustrating, not used to losing those! Annoying, would have had huge chips for day 2. Ah well.
Bricked the 100 and the xxl on sunday too. No cash either, wasnt feeling it. Was mega tilted after cash on friday night, where despite breaking even for the day, was slowrolled twice, by 2 guys who in my opinion and another players were colluding. Never spoken to a dealer about it before either, most tilted ive been at a poker table. Many thanks to dtd for the 2am complimentary bacon butty, went down a storm!

Online Poker
Won a GP golden ticket which was good, the old man has won 5 now which is slightly worrying, bearing in mind i wont hear the end of it. Hes coming up saturday, so will have to bring my A game to last longer than him in this one!
Made my first FT on stars in a 5.50 cubed, 5th for $620. Very keen to play more online, currently cashed all 3 comps tonight, so not a big schedule but 8th/200 in the last comp im in. Tomsom45667211 and GJill4199 have been helpful on the skype chat, as well as rexas who constantly reminds me how well i run, good for the confidence.

Life

Played a lot of poker recently, and to be fair, didnt enjoy playing as much as i usually do. Might not play live for a while, except the grand prix. Might take all of Feb of, will have to see. The sleeping pattern is screwed, and havent seen as many people around uni as much as I would have liked. One thing for sure is I dont want or need poker to take over my life! So this week is going to envolve lectures, some drinks, work and nandos i think. Rumour has it tomsom974383910 is down this weekend and keen for a few beers and the strippers (sorry mrs dimsum Wink ) haha so am defo in for this.
Had a fun night out with Mike RIchardson after we both bust the 500 too, went for a few beers in notts, which was good to get out! Then a huge nandos before the incredible 800 or whatever the rebuys were!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2014, 08:06:03 AM »

Live Poker

Thats you're job mate!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2014, 10:09:36 AM »

Live Poker

Thats you're job mate!

Pretty sure it's still an age since anyone posted something worth reading in this diary Wink

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 05, 2014, 10:14:48 AM »

Rumour has it tomsom974383910 is down this weekend and keen for a few beers and the strippers (sorry mrs dimsum Wink ) haha so am defo in for this.
Had a fun night out with Mike RIchardson after we both bust the 500 too, went for a few beers in notts, which was good to get out! Then a huge nandos before the incredible 800 or whatever the rebuys were!

Click to see full-size image.
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 05, 2014, 10:38:09 AM »

Rumour has it tomsom974383910 is down this weekend and keen for a few beers and the strippers (sorry mrs dimsum Wink ) haha so am defo in for this.

Click to see full-size image.

Top blokes they are! Good Lads!  Same with that Gilly guy, top bloke! Good Lad!

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 05, 2014, 11:33:45 AM »

Had a fun night out with Mike RIchardson after we both bust the 500 too, went for a few beers in notts, which was good to get out!

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 05, 2014, 12:04:32 PM »

Had a fun night out with Mike RIchardson after we both bust the 500 too, went for a few beers in notts, which was good to get out!

Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 05, 2014, 05:02:39 PM »

Me after leg day...
reg138

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 05, 2014, 09:06:16 PM »

Live Poker

Online Poker
Won a GP golden ticket which was good, the old man has won 5 now which is slightly worrying, bearing in mind i wont hear the end of it. Hes coming up saturday, so will have to bring my A game to last longer than him in this one

Even on your best day.....................

If i ran even half as good as you then i've got a chance!
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2014, 03:52:38 AM »

Grand Prix Weekend

Safe to say the last couple of weeks have been less than ideal, and the contents of the wallet are a little bit less than they were!
Wont go into the finer details, but not running as well as we have been in all in situations blah blah blah. Bricked 3 bullets in the Grand Prix, never really got above a starting stack, lacked spots and cards blah blah.
Rehfish scraped through to day 2, but everyone else bricked a number of bullets, not ideal.

Highlight of the weekend was no doubt the Friday night out with Dimsum34, Bowlerization, 12 Bullets Patman and  some of the other Blue Blood crew. Ended up out in Rock City in Notts, which was my first proper night out there, despite being a uni lad at Luufbraaaa just down the road.
Theme of the weekend however was food. Bloody hell, can pompom43 eat, never seen a man smash a burger, a family platter in nandos and 3 portions of DTDs very own spicy sausage within 2 days. Quite remarkable. Feel bad about suggesting he tried it 2 weeks ago! Can also understand why his staking threads dont sell too, after myself and Tighty put 12 pounds each and watched him grind twisters, only for him to do his brains in about 30mins. That kid has no BRM Wink

On the whole, not an ideal weekend poker wise, but had a great one socially!

Have watched MOTD, well the first 10mins of it about 4 times tonight, Liverpool hammering the goners (yes pun intended) will not get old.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: February 11, 2014, 09:44:06 AM »

Can also understand why his staking threads dont sell too, after myself and Tighty put 12 pounds each and watched him grind twisters, only for him to do his brains in about 30mins. That kid has no BRM Wink

I believe tighty made a profit, cashed out then you insisted that we try to go large on $11's.  With 9 buy ins!!!!!
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 14, 2014, 12:31:01 AM »

So after the expoits in Rock City last friday, Gorgeous Gary (DerbyLad) and I decided to make the trip across to Notts for a night out. Arrived at Poshboy (not sure im allowed to mention that name here Cheesy) and Mr Wise's house, where they, mr and mrs wotrthechances and a couple of others were clearly much further down the drinking line than us.
Back to rock city, vague memories of a giant rodeo dick on the stage, with everyone trying to stay on as long as they could. Good night, and some ropey looking lads this morning. Have to get them over to Lufbraaa next time, and show them a decent night out.

Had an outrageous bit of run good involving the loss of my credit card. Woke up this morning, went to pay for a cab, no sign of it, yet everything else in my wallet, apart from any cash was still there. Remembered whilst en route to the traino that i had used it the night before in tescos to buy some drinks, headedn back there on the off chance id let it in the card machine. BINK!!! Pretty sure it was never in doubt, gary and I run too good to miss that draw. Celebratory subway and a 4hr shift later, shattered and in for an early night.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 14, 2014, 12:53:56 AM »

Flicking through a few of the blogs, there seems to be quite a few 'song of the day/week' kinda features. They mainly feature up to date, boring, no skill house or head banging music. Depending on demand, and popularity, might start a 70's/80's song of the day/ week for us who like much better music/older readers. Feel free to add your own faves, or question my choices.
Should be a chart topper in no time.
Will leave you with my first choice tonight...

« Last Edit: February 14, 2014, 12:57:04 AM by verndog158 » Logged

LovesADraw

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 14, 2014, 10:10:46 PM »

What? still no word on the current beasting you're getting at OFC? Haha
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 19, 2014, 01:03:05 PM »

I'm pretty sure this is the worst attempt at keeping to a diary I have ever seen. Maybe you should do something outrageous to get it going (I would say again, but it never really started did it!). Maybe mincash the Sunday Million again, that'll get the heads turning Wink

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: