blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 02:32:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips  (Read 81488 times)
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 19, 2014, 08:58:02 PM »

Flicking through a few of the blogs, there seems to be quite a few 'song of the day/week' kinda features. They mainly feature up to date, boring, no skill house or head banging music. Depending on demand, and popularity, might start a 70's/80's song of the day/ week for us who like much better music/older readers. Feel free to add your own faves, or question my choices.
Should be a chart topper in no time.
Will leave you with my first choice tonight...

Much prefer the 2pac cover....  Grin

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2014, 01:51:47 AM »

Seriously, apart from the title, this is the worst attempt at a diary I have ever seen.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 06, 2014, 01:17:15 PM »

So it seems a diary update is in order. After nearly 6 weeks, and the last comment being from Rexas, something had to be said.
The lack of updates has been mainly down to a lack of poker. Had a month or so off after a fairly horrible run post GPS, lost a fair amount of my BR and didnt want/ feel comfortable sitting in the games in had been.

Easter
Had a very fun/ relaxing Easter, 10 days in the lake district, which is one of the best places n the world. When i suss out pics/ take some more next time ill post a few on here. Had a number of long/arduous/one very wet walk, including my first trip up Scafell Pike. I do a fair amount of walking in the Lakes, and have been up there once or twice a year for the past 10 years. Was my first summit of Englands highest peak, much overdue!! Went up, as i do every Easter with my old school. Love the week away, on an adventure training week as a helper for Duke of Edinburgh/ mountain biking/kayaking etc etc. Always great seeing my old teachers, and enjoy teaching/ helping the kids, who on the most are a good bunch. COuld really see myself getting into teaching after uni/ if i dont bink the WSOP ME. Certainly seems a decent option career wise at the moment.
Uni is going alright, hit the exams in a month or so, so the revision/ panic has begun! Handed in my dissertation proposal before Easter, and actually really looking forward to it. Looking at Footpath Erosion in the Lake District, so if anyone has any knowledge or an interest in the area, be great to chat about it!

Pokerz

Online has been going alright, had a dreadful MicroMillions, cashed 4 of 50 comps or something similar, just ran horribly. Enough said. More recently have been playing a bit more, and improving. A few reviews with Domdum, Rexas, Polerization, MassiveFish and Gilly on skype have certainly tightened up a few spots i didnt realise i was letting chips go in. Been cashing a few more events, couple ofruns in turbos/cubeds for $100 or so, then best of all came a 5th place in the bigger 8.80 during carnival week for close to $3k. Very pleasing result, hopefully more of a bankroll to play more now.
Live games have gone well too. A few good winning sessions on cash, and then, in my first major comp since the february 500DS, came 10th in the 250 last weekend for £1.4k and a seat in the UKIPT. Met Junior Senior for the first time, and had some fun on the table before it broke. Also good to see Eso and a couple of other Blonderers!! Was initially going to play 1a for the UKIPT, however have changed to 1c on Friday. First MCC cricket game back home on thursday, so everything is a bit hectic this week. Cant wait to play friday, easiest the biggest comp have played in, and just going to enjoy the experience, try make day 2 and see what happens. Also will be about for some cash am sure during the week, so if any heros are about, am keen for nandos or a few drinks!

For some reason, took half of Rehmans action in an IPL fantasy league with Stato, Jack Allen, PJ and Thigh. Loser has a forefeit, and we have slipped up last couple of days. Need to pull our socks up, and it doesnt help that Reh knows nothing about cricket!!
Well back to reality, that episode of 24 has ended and i have a surveying practical to go to. Might see some of you this week!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Derbylad

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 06, 2014, 02:32:27 PM »

WP on getting a seat fella. Glad to see everything's paying off.
DrDreh
RehK47

The Rehfish

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2014, 02:51:32 PM »

For some reason, took half of Rehmans action in an IPL fantasy league with Stato, Jack Allen, PJ and Thigh. Loser has a forefeit, and we have slipped up last couple of days. Need to pull our socks up, and it doesnt help that Reh knows nothing about cricket!!
Well back to reality, that episode of 24 has ended and i have a surveying practical to go to. Might see some of you this week!

I'm sorry...you've been left in charge of the team for the last few days and we've slipped up.  I was leading the team to victory

a law student at nottingham university, rehman is indeed terrible
reg138

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2014, 02:56:25 PM »

Absolutely no mention of the poker masterclass dished out to you up at Grosvenor Thanet a couple of weeks ago. Shame on you!
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 06, 2014, 03:05:18 PM »

Absolutely no mention of the poker masterclass dished out to you up at Grosvenor Thanet a couple of weeks ago. Shame on you!

No need.  Everyone knows!!!
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 06, 2014, 03:35:40 PM »

WP on getting a seat fella. Glad to see everything's paying off.
Thanks mate, feel good going into the UKIPT this week. Friday is going to be rammed apparently, and its the day all the qualifiers are playing, so a few guys at DTD reckoned it might be the best day to play. Will have to see.

I'm sorry...you've been left in charge of the team for the last few days and we've slipped up.  I was leading the team to victory

What a load of nonsense, seem to remember you changing Warner as our double points scorer and he got bundles that day! Seems like there is a good chance we will be playing a future deepstack in whites though :s

To clear this up for every other uninterested reader, reg138 came 5th in the monthly thanet bowl (Rexas 2014) for £510. Great effort, as similar to Marris and Polerization, shows poker is in actual fact a game of luck.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2014, 04:13:40 PM »

Sitting in Loughborough train station, waiting for my ride down to the capital seems like an appropriate time to post a quick update.
After a painful coursework meeting yesterday, and after work we headed over to DTD to play some cash. Sitting down straight away in between HoneyBadger and Ceri Rees was not the best seat draw, in a fairly deep 1/2. Lost a couple of annoying pots early on, and reloaded, being in for a little more than if liked, but the game seemed good and felt confident we could claw it back. ZeroFive also sat down, which is always good fun and haven't exchanged blows with him on the felt for a while, and with the aid of some small prop betting, the game became good fun!
Won't bore you too much with HH, but my fave hand was calling 100 quid bomb on K5K2cc8 board with after some thought, and chatting to the guy, to be shown Q4cc. Dem readz Cheesy
Flopped a straight and a couple of sets in a fairly mammoth 10r session, to cash out at 845am with 1.6k, a healthy win. Resisted the urge of Fred and Skalie trying to bumhunt me into the big game, so was pleased there!!!
Can't wait for the comp Friday, come sick names I the club last night, Coren, Cody, trickett, brammer, Kassam Wink and more. Seems like a great event!
Now sat on the train, half decent blond opposite me too, not sure me scoffing this subway is the best first impression though!! Haha, lockbox love x

reg138

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2014, 08:38:07 PM »

[/quote]

To clear this up for every other uninterested reader, reg138 came 5th in the monthly thanet bowl (Rexas 2014) for £510. Great effort, as similar to Marris and Polerization, shows poker is in actual fact a game of luck.
[/quote]
Actually, you missed the point: my finishing position was of no importance as compared to yours and the way you got dump out of the tournament. Care to elaborate on that masterful play??
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 08, 2014, 10:56:09 PM »

[/quote]
Actually, you missed the point: my finishing position was of no importance as compared to yours and the way you got dump out of the tournament. Care to elaborate on that masterful play??
[/quote]

think i shoved 11bbs from the btn with A3 and you peeled AQ. WP sir indeed

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 08, 2014, 11:07:19 PM »

Cricket was rained off today, which was a shame, but managed to have a pub lunch and a few beers with 3 of my best mates at home, which was great.
Played a few comps online too, mincashed 3 i think but nothing of note.
Cant wait for tomorrow! Sorted a pre comp breakfast with ZeroFive at Frankie and Bennys and possibly DumDum, who rumour has it, is in town. If anyone is about, and fancies some pre grind food, come join!
VD x

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 11, 2014, 03:28:15 PM »

Day 1c of the UKIPT was fun. That's as much as i can say about it really. Early impressions was that my table draw was good, Ian Simpson to my right, but not bad apart from that. However, as is often the case the cards and spots didnt fall for us. No real weird hands of note, had quads, and 2x open jammed the river on QJ888 as i was pretty sure he had Qx or an over pair, however he folded 10s face up which was annoying. Obviously not a standard line, but i was certain he wasnt folding how the hand played out. Ended up losing a flip with 66 with 11bs v AQd on xxxxdddd. Ah well, the dirty way, but only lost a flip i guess.
Ended up playing an 11hour cash session on Skalies 1/2/4 game. Usually too big for me, but there was only 2/5 games runnng when i bust, and i enjoy the challenge of sitting in tough games, with the likes of Skalie, Sean, Deadman, Goulder etc. Was up pretty much all night, then lost a couple of annoying pots late on, and bust to skalie. Lost one BI or so, so not bad, felt pleasing to sit in a game like that and not feel like i was scared playing pots against players as good as that.
Was initially going to head to DTD today for the 100 turbo deepstack, but decided to play a sunday schedule, and sell for it.
This is the itinerary:
16.00- Scoop 22 L
16.00- Big 8.80
17.15- Turbo Progressive KO
17.00- Big 22
17.30- Hotter 11 Turbo
18.00- Progressive turbo KO
18.00- Big 109
18.30- Sunday Storm
18.30- Hotter 16 Turbo
19.00- Bigger 11
19.15- Deadline Sunday Milly sat
19.30- Scoop 23- L
20.00- Bigger 55

Good luck us! Oh, and up the HAMMERS!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 11, 2014, 09:16:25 PM »

So, 278 seats into the million, on the pure bubble, Antes are 400, we have $8. Then this happens...

By far and away the best hand ive ever been in, with all the boys on skype anti-railing...

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/8920018_12CF7856B8

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 09, 2014, 11:45:31 PM »

Back for another boring blog update blonde!
Been a fairly uneventful few weeks if im honest. Been putting in some revision for the uni exams which finished last friday. Think they went alright, couple better than expected, hopefully if we wrote relevant stuff then the grades shouldnt be too bad.
Online poker has taken a slight back seat, decided to self exclude over exams, and havent got back into it just yet. Looking forward to some decent volume over the summer, MTTs are the go i think, really enjoyed a couple of biggish sessions before exams and should be god to get back to that.

250 Deepstack

Glad the one man came up for the comp again, means i was always guaranteed to do the best in the family again, not sure if he enjoyed thre 3am wake up so i could crash on the hotel floor,  shame he shouldnt have bust so early!!
Not sure what to make of this weekend poker wise if im honest. Was a mixture of dead cards, weird play and run good all ins. Wont bore you with too many details, bullet one went downhill, folded KK on J 7 3 6 Q rainbow, after villain peels a 3 bet, and calls 2 streets. CHeck rivered to maybe call a small bet, but had to fold to a bomb, just so obviously a set. Bust bullet 1, then late regged for a second bullet.
The table was so bizarre, amazing how seemingly bad play gets ultra rewarded. Wadey was certainly voicing his opinions on this! What a grind this bullet was, was determined to try stick through the bad cards and frustratingly bad spots, and try grind out a day 2. THink we played 8-15bbs for around 3 hours, and was moaning my arse off to Ryan (dtd TD). Somehow managed to find a couple of decent spots, and aided by others butchering hands to allow me to catch up, bagged up 140k for day 2, which if im honest felt like the chip lead.
Day 2 played itself, chipped up nicely to 230k, which was still <30bbs, then 3 bet called off AK, and ran into derrr aces. Dem coolerz eh, 90th or something finishing 20 short of the money.
Had the pleasure, although short of playing with mr Kassouf over the end of day 1 and start of day 2. Great fun, and certainly lifted the mood at 230am at the end of a long day 1. Not sure how it would rub with me for 10 levels, but i guess that is an experience i can look forward to!

Prop bets

Tempted to just write sighh, and leave it at that, but may as well humour the rest of you. Been a fairly bad downswing on that front, lost 2 in a row, which sucks.
The cricket white prop has been suspended till further notice, as the other members of the bet were absent for day 1, which i think is fair.
Decided against my better judgement to get involved in a last longer with another member of blue blood. Had never met her before and intentionally not name dropping her to wind her up, and the banter leading up to it, meant that i was obviously destined for defeat, much to the amusement of the other BB members. So, for one day/ comp during Goliath, im going to have to play in something similar to this:

Look forward to seeing you all there for that one. At least if i bust early i can literally spit the dummy out, and copy Rexas in doing so, not sure i could do it so elegantly as him though.

Back home for the summer now, which has been long overdue, looking forward to catching up with mates, few beers and plenty of cricketball. If I play any dtd comps, will be through the online day one, and travel up if we make a day 2. Might try hit aspers in london for some decent cash days too.
Shall leave you all with this fantastic picture, of one of my favourite places in the world. Any guesses to where it is? Pint on me for the first correct guess!!

Click to see full-size image.

And this is the view from the top....

Click to see full-size image.

Clue... been in the news recently, for one reason or another!!

Laterz. Verndog x

P.S. Good luck to Tomshite and co i Marbella, oh and to born2busto in VEGAS BABY!
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 12:01:57 AM by verndog158 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: