blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 04:46:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Roll up, roll up.... jbworldwide's RSQ
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Roll up, roll up.... jbworldwide's RSQ  (Read 10005 times)
jbworldwide

View Profile
« on: February 17, 2014, 11:29:52 PM »

After riding high in second spot until the final question I now found myself with this weeks RSQ.....

Entries close 6pm on Sunday 23rd Feb. Reveal will be from 9 pm on Sunday 23rd Feb. (This reveal time may change but notice will be given if it does)

Rules

The score for each question is the number of people who give that answer.

The most popular answer is the sheep.

Incorrect answers receive the sheep score plus 5 points.

Lowest score wins.

Please try and answer from inside your deep, dark memories, research is not allowed but I cannot police it so it is up to your conscience.

You may choose to pass one question and will receive 0 points for that question, except for question unlucky 13 which is not passable

Errors where it is obvious what the answer is will not receive a penalty, unless it is wrong of course!

Questions

1. In honour of the winter Olympics; name a sport that is part of the 2014 programme that takes place outside (and include a discipline please, just skiing or snowboarding will be an incorrect answer)

2. Name a country in the Sochi 2014 Winter Olympics that has won two or more gold medals (this will be taken from the close of play on 17th Feb)

3. Name a winner of a 2014 Bafta (Person or Film, to be clear the headline credit will count e.g. the Make up and Hair was awarded to the film not the 3 stylists)

4. Name a country that was part of the British Empire (protectorates do not count)

5. Name a football team remaining in the 2013-14 UEFA Champions League Competition (Round of 16 beginning on 18th Feb 2014)

6. Name a James Herbert novel (officially published according to wikipedia, short stories do not count)

7. Name a PLC listed on the FTSE 100 which is in the top 20 by market capitalisation value. (i.e. which 20 companies are worth the most, taken from Telegraph online on 17th Feb)

8. Name a unique first name for an English monarch since 1066 (what I am looking for here is the crowned forename, e.g. Harry (but since he is not a monarch this is incorrect) I do not need the number)

9. Name an NFL team (franchise) in the current American Football Conference (AFC) 2013-14 season

10. Name a UK city south of Nottingham

11. Name a No.1 Album from 2013

12. Name a meerkat character from Comparethemarket.com (in honour of work Smiley, named meerkats anywhere on the ctm website, muskrats or mongoose are not allowed)

This cannot be passed....
Unlucky 13... how many entries (total) will there be in the Sky Poker UK Championships Main Event. Percentage difference either over or under (rounded to the nearest percent; 0.49 down 0.50 up) will form your score to be SUBTRACTED from your total. So an exact answer will get you a zero score, 1% away is -1 point etc. The closer you are the less points you lose.

If clarity is required, say below and I will try my best. Have fun. Entries will be listed below;

« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 11:49:04 PM by jbworldwide » Logged
jbworldwide

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2014, 11:42:18 PM »

Entry List;
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2014, 12:47:22 AM »

George2Loose, did you approve this?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2014, 12:57:20 AM »

we will know how many entries the UKPC main event gets if we entered on friday...?

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2014, 12:57:34 AM »

four sport questions!?!?!?!

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2014, 12:58:42 AM »

I wish people wouldn't do this, ie put up the next quiz straight away and spoil the previous quiz for everyone who wasn't online at the reveal. I came home and logged on, looking forward to a good read through it all. And what's the first thing i see? jbworldwide's RSQ! I haven't even looked at tonight's one and I already know the result.
dwh103

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2014, 01:08:19 AM »

I wish people wouldn't do this, ie put up the next quiz straight away and spoil the previous quiz for everyone who wasn't online at the reveal. I came home and logged on, looking forward to a good read through it all. And what's the first thing i see? jbworldwide's RSQ! I haven't even looked at tonight's one and I already know the result.

Don't worry John, I've hoped to just be a pain in the ass with a late farce.
jbworldwide

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2014, 01:13:44 AM »

four sport questions!?!?!?!

3 are topical and one was talked a lot about very recently.
jbworldwide

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 01:14:05 AM »

He didn't
jbworldwide

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2014, 01:16:02 AM »

I'm sorry John, i dont have any time for the rest of this week so had to bang it out... i'll make it better... 
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2014, 01:18:29 AM »

He didn't

Farce!

Cheesy

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2014, 01:23:15 AM »

Does "f****ng annoying furry f***s" count as an answer to question 12?

I'm with claw too. Not sure why there's 4 sports questions.

And I was annoyed last week we dropped to 1 pass. Same this week but more questions!

Shame on G2L for approving this.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 01:38:49 AM by Cf » Logged

Blue text
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2014, 02:14:30 AM »

I'm sorry John, i dont have any time for the rest of this week so had to bang it out... i'll make it better... 

Well that's alright then.  Wink

Afraid I'm gonna have to pass your quiz though, James. I'd like to enter but it's even harder than the last two weeks. I thought the idea of these was that there are lots of obvious answers to easy questions. There are four questions here that I don't even have one answer for - BAFTAs, Football team in last sixteen (I could prob have an educated guess at who is likely to be in that, I suppose), No 1 Album, Meerkats. Sheltered life and all, I know, but I don't see much telly. What has happened to the idea of posting easy questions though?
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2014, 02:41:47 AM »

On second thoughts, I suppose most people would know at least one major movie and would also know a bit about football or pop music (or both). It's prob just me - I take it back. I've thought of one movie already, so maybe I can drag up a music album from somewhere too.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2014, 03:43:18 AM »

I wouldn't approve of anything James would do or did

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: