blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 09:13:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 159545 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #540 on: June 20, 2016, 07:20:16 PM »

Phenomenal episode, the best so far imo.

The scene from Ricon to the battle and final scene with Ramsay is some of the most compelling television I've ever seen.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #541 on: June 20, 2016, 07:28:09 PM »

No surprises but brilliantly executed, for pure excitement and storytelling I think better than Hardhome
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 20, 2016, 08:52:25 PM »

Well that was very satisfying.

Blue text
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #543 on: June 21, 2016, 01:03:07 AM »

I don't think I've seen a battle scene as visceral as that in anything before - so good.

Also, you have to love how spectacularly dim Jon Snow is.

Jon tells his people 'we need to let them come to us'

Sansa: Don't do what Ramsey wants you to do.

Ramsey obviously uses Rickon to draw Jon out.

Jon runs out to face an army on his own.
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 21, 2016, 01:47:21 AM »

Meh don't get me wrong it was good to watch but i felt dissatisfied at the end at how standard the outcome was. It's supposed to be Game of Thrones but it played out in such an unsurprising way. Wish Jon Snow had just stayed dead lol, after coming back everyone knew he was invincible for at least the rest of the season. For me this meant that episode lost its edge. 
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 21, 2016, 03:46:22 AM »

Is Jon Snow this much of a whale in the books? Surely they can't let him stay in charge after all these antics

Still thought it was a great episode, especially Ramseys demise. I thought the dogs might start with a leg but nope, gg bottom jaw.

Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 21, 2016, 07:40:38 AM »

Meh don't get me wrong it was good to watch but i felt dissatisfied at the end at how standard the outcome was. It's supposed to be Game of Thrones but it played out in such an unsurprising way. Wish Jon Snow had just stayed dead lol, after coming back everyone knew he was invincible for at least the rest of the season. For me this meant that episode lost its edge. 

I think I've mentioned before I find it surprising how surprising people have found most of Game of Thrones, pretty much everything in it is standard fantasy fare. Occasionally it's been creative about 'when' things have happened but it's rarely been outstanding in it's plotting.

What makes GoT stand out is it's production - for the fantasy genre it's unprecedented, but for any genre it's probably got to be one of the best made shows around.

I expect the end game to be about Jon Snow in the North and Danaerys on the Iron Throne - but it would be nice if it did end with something creative and unexpected.  The 7 Kingdoms disintegrating into separate states and the Iron Throne being dismantled wouldn't be too surprising but would be a pretty satisfying conclusion I think.  Sansa ending up on the Iron Throne with Littlefinger as her consort  would be a realistic 'political' ending though; changing Westeros into a republic and Tyrion leading it is probably the option I'd most want though Smiley

I also have an idea that the end of the TV series might have settled some kind of stasis in Westeros - then you'll see a shot of Arya heading off to find what's west of Westeros, and to see the answer is a massive invasion fleet Cheesy But that's pretty speculative and based mainly on that would be the final shot I'd end it with. Smiley

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 21, 2016, 09:33:44 AM »

I was thinking that Jon and Danaerys may hook up too, they want the same thing to a certain extent.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #548 on: June 21, 2016, 10:32:42 AM »

I don't think I've seen a battle scene as visceral as that in anything before - so good.

Agreed , so so good.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 21, 2016, 10:43:51 AM »

no one a bit disappointed by the rather cliched cavalry arriving in the nick of time to save the day element?

only seem that about 24 times in various stories....they are of course ahead of the books now and i don't think GRRM would have gone for something quite so obvious, but we'll have to see

that said, clearly a huge crowd pleaser of an episode. loved Sansa's smile as she walked away at the end......

oh, and can Yara and Dany please get it on? thanks in advance

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 21, 2016, 11:23:32 AM »

oh, and can Yara and Dany please get it on? thanks in advance

She looked great from behind when she was standing talking to Daenerys, didn't realise it was her at first.

muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 21, 2016, 04:32:11 PM »

no one a bit disappointed by the rather cliched cavalry arriving in the nick of time to save the day element?

Me. Was going to put 'cliched' in my original post. I am hard to please though Cheesy
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 21, 2016, 06:31:55 PM »

How come nobody's punched Sansa in the face for not telling them she was turning up with Team Vale?

They only needed to wait another fifteen minutes and they'd have been all good.

Pretty much used Rob and his cronies as pawn sacrifice then swooped in to grab the easy glory stampeding the Boltons from behind.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 27, 2016, 05:49:12 PM »

Immense.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #554 on: June 27, 2016, 08:07:17 PM »

Great episode, arguably the greatest opening scene in TV history.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: