blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 03:43:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 158708 times)
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: May 13, 2014, 11:44:25 AM »

The way I read it is that Tyrion either intends to ask, or Jamie will volunteer, to fight for Tyrion.

I think either scenario could happen.

It could go with Tyrion being asked who he picks first, he says Bron, then his dad picks Jamie for a real headfuck of a fight.

Or he could pick Jamie to fight for him, which would then put Jamie in hot water with his dad about their previous oath.

Either one seems pretty badass to me. In another show you would assume they would find a way for Bron, Jamie and Tyrion all to live, but this is GOT.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: May 13, 2014, 02:59:54 PM »

gut feeling (cheesy as this scenario sounds) is that Jamie is selected to fight for the crown and Tyrion selects Bron or Bron actively volunteers.
Then Bron sacrifices himself in someway in a deal that sees Tyrion live but in someway banished, either to the wall, or somewhere else.

not ruling out some sort of escape though with Bron surviving, either organised by Jamie or Varys, prompted by Tyrions one question, or some combination of the two. Sure he'll be involved in it some way. also suspect that Oberyn Martell chap who's judging it might throw a curve ball in to piss Tywin off. Maybe he'll even fight for Tyrion. Hmmm

Long time between Mondays huh?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2014, 03:25:17 PM »

I know it goes very much against the grain, but I think Dinkerlage over acts it at times.
Not the physical aspects of it. His facial expressions are fine, and even the tone of delivery is fine, it's just the accent is REALLY bad.
The character is great, and I think he's safe from the chop (although you never know).
I'm imagining Jamie v Bron in the trail by combat. Good night for one of them. You'd think more likely Bron, but as that would mean guilty and death for Tyrion, and I think that's unlikely too.

Good stuff though Smiley

Accent is bad how?

I wasn't around then, so can't be sure what his accent should be Cheesy

I would prefer it were as AndrewT has suggested, but your line of thought seems more devious, and therefore more likely.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: May 13, 2014, 03:31:41 PM »

I know it goes very much against the grain, but I think Dinkerlage over acts it at times.
Not the physical aspects of it. His facial expressions are fine, and even the tone of delivery is fine, it's just the accent is REALLY bad.
The character is great, and I think he's safe from the chop (although you never know).
I'm imagining Jamie v Bron in the trail by combat. Good night for one of them. You'd think more likely Bron, but as that would mean guilty and death for Tyrion, and I think that's unlikely too.

Good stuff though Smiley

Heard him in speak in GOT docu once, cant believe how well he does a "posh" english accent. I thought he must be putting his real voice on!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 13, 2014, 03:35:26 PM »

-1 for saying his accent is bad

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 13, 2014, 03:52:16 PM »

Go on my son!

Paul_Foulder

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 13, 2014, 04:55:09 PM »

I don't think Tywin will pick Jamie to fight for him as he has lost his 'sword hand' & doesn't know he has been practising to fight with his left.

I think Tywin will be shocked when Tyrion requests Jamie to fight for him. ( at the Eyrie in the 1st season Tyrion requests Jaime to fight for him but is denied by Lysa Arren, who insists the trial will be on the same day, hence Bron stepping forward)

77dave

5 2 off

View Profile WWW
« Reply #97 on: May 13, 2014, 05:08:50 PM »

Tyrion could select Oberyn Marteland Tywin picks the mountain to defend the crown.

Mantis - I would like to thank 77dave for his more realistic take on things.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 13, 2014, 05:26:27 PM »

It is not Twyin's choice to make.

The accuser is Cersei therefore it's either she fights or selects a champion.

Blue text
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: May 13, 2014, 05:50:36 PM »

I spose a third option would be that mountain guy is picked by Cersei, which means the spanish bisexual dude on the council would volunteer to fight for Dinklage
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 13, 2014, 05:52:52 PM »

Surely Tyrion has to pick Jamie, thus putting all of the Tywin legacy balls in one basket, meaning it's in his interests for Tyrion to win?

I loved the smirk by Dance after the deal was struck, such brilliant acting.  Everything came together as Tywin wanted at that point, before Tyrion through a spanner in the works.
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 14, 2014, 08:05:32 AM »

I just think his "posh" English accent sounds like a bad sixth form review.
Charles Dance has such a beautiful voice, that when he and Dinkerlage have a conversation I have to actively force myself to ignore the glaring difference.
Don't get me wrong, I think the rest of what he does has been very good. I think the character is being well played, but the accent is shocking.

Marky, "I wasn't around then"
Around when? Smiley

Coming round to the thought that Tyrion will choose Jamie, as the sword practice has been secret.
I also like the thought that that will happen after Cersei picks a champion and both her and Tywin are shocked by the choice.

The Hound has been banging on about the Mountain for a few weeks now. maybe that does set up his re-introduction as champion for the crown.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 08:13:39 AM by AdamM » Logged
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 15, 2014, 09:48:19 PM »

Well the next episode is called the Viper V the Mountain so I think thats a lock

This isnt a spoiler right?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 15, 2014, 09:56:10 PM »

Well the next episode is called the Viper V the Mountain so I think thats a lock

not anymore it isn't Cheesy
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 16, 2014, 12:46:06 AM »

not anymore it isn't Cheesy

I thought the next episode was called Mockingbird?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: