blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:37:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 159513 times)
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: June 17, 2014, 01:29:01 PM »

I'm puzzled with the Bran story.  It's like he's in la la land and everything else going on is a different program.  I was a bit disappointed to hear his "to walk again" answer when the dude in the tree told him he was going to get what he came for.  Did he really think people have risked (and given) their lives just for him to walk again?  Very naive of him.   I really don't have an idea on where this lot are heading.

Wonder if Ayra will hook up with Daenerys at some point? Where did she get that bit of iron from?  She did say but I couldn't make the name out or catch the relevance - the captain of the boat was clearly impressed.

Cersei came out and told her Dad about her and Jamie, if they don't keep that a secret again it can't be easy for them in King's Landing.  Perhaps we'll see more of Margaery's plans.

Didn't see much of the Whitewalkers.  Had a taster, then nothing.  It's been like that for four seasons so far though, perhaps that won't change too much.

remember in season 1 Jaqen H'ghar from braavos says he will do three things for Arya and when he leaves teaches Arya Stark the words "valur morghulis" words when he departs and gives her a small coin

she says this to the captain of the ship, and given him the braavos coin to ensure her passage

He replies with "valar dohaeris" and offers her passage to Braavos

Cheers for clearing that up, I was convinced it was from sword teacher not Jakaanagher. Valur morghulis shoulve given it away mind.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 17, 2014, 02:34:08 PM »

Ah!! I remember him, I'd forgotten all about him. Thanks.  I may go back and watch them before the new season, I expect I'll find a lot of things come up that make me say "Oh yeah..."

AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #227 on: June 17, 2014, 02:35:02 PM »

Ah!! I remember him, I'd forgotten all about him. Thanks.  I may go back and watch them before the new season, I expect I'll find a lot of things come up that make me say "Oh yeah..."

Yeah - I might need to do a rewatch next year as well - I still don't know the names of half of the characters.
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 17, 2014, 04:14:02 PM »

i reckon there are seven imajor storylines for 5

- What happens to Arya in Braavos?
- What happens to Tyrion?
- Sansa Stark becomes an adult...where does her story line go?
- Jon Snow/Stannis Baratheon and Melisandre...
- How does Cersei get on at Kings Landing minus Tywin?
- Bran, Hodor and crew
- Daenerys and the dragons, struggle to control, advance on kings landing?

what would be your guesses on where those storylines go?

My guesses would be:

Arya joins up with the faceless men of Bravos to get some ninja training

Varys spends most of the next season trying to help Tyrion find a purpose for what to do next, I assume it will take the form of discovering Litterfinger was behind the Purple Wedding as Varys seems pretty intent on stopping his rise.

Sansa and Littlefinger have awkward sexually tense scenes week after week while doing a tour of The Vale, Robyn is odds on to be chalked off in a hideous way somewhere out there before the couple head to Kings Landing.  Littlefinger to make a play for the Big Chair

I think the lads up North will finally have a proper set of White Walkers to deal with, Melisande seeing something important about Jon through the medium of something burning.

Cersei and Margery fight over control of Tomlin.

Bran spends the season getting mentored by Tree Man.  He says he will fly, I would guess he's either gonna warg a dragon or learn how to ride one, not sure which would be better as a viewer.

Dany never leaves the throne room.  But her storyline continues to be consolidating power in Slavers Bay.  We have a Barbarian in control of one of the cities, I guess her action will be sending the Second Sons there to take it back.  Also see needs to hunt down the big dragon which has gone missing.

Also, Brienne I guess must head north now to the Wall and we might find out what ever happened to Rikkon. 
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #229 on: June 17, 2014, 04:53:35 PM »

Bran warging Drogon is going to happen, surely?  Unless Daenerys grounds him for the rest of his teenage years when she finds him.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 18, 2014, 08:35:14 AM »

Shame to see Charles Dance go, but great for the plot.

Looks VERY unlikely that The Hound and The Mountain will meet now, but neither are confirmed dead, so never say never. Was a strange relationship between The Hound and Arya. He flipped between showing a softer side towards her and then us being reminded he was a ruthless and dark fucker. She flipped between seeming to want to get through to him and get away from him. In the end I think she picked up some bad-ass-ness from him. Not giving him the quick death he was pleading for, and instead robbing him and leaving him to die slowly and painfully was pretty dark. I don't think that was because she couldn't bring herself to do it. I think it was that she decided that was the cruelest thing she could do to him.

Should take Stannis about 9 episodes to reach kings landing next season Smiley
See him actually taking it down too, but not for long. Daenerys will be along the end of the following season, with a Stark and a Lannister in tow Smiley
Expecting an almighty run in with the Boltons along the way.
Could also collect Sansa on their travels.

I'm also a bit confused by the Bran story line. Agree it just feels like a separate show. Sure it'll tie in eventually.

Long time till next spring.
Think I'm going to rewatch from the start to pick up the bits I missed first time round.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:36:54 AM by AdamM » Logged
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 19, 2014, 11:55:03 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 20, 2014, 01:37:28 AM »

As a book reader I picked up on littlefingers comment straight away and absolutely loved it lol

Blue text
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 20, 2014, 10:12:42 AM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/reviews/grace-dent-on-tv-game-of-thrones-has-been-an-entire-season-trapped-in-the-worlds-worst-center-parc-9549019.html

lol.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 30, 2014, 08:27:05 AM »

Anyone else watch S1E1 last night on Sky Atlantic.
I'd forgotten so much.

We started with a party of Crows patrolling north of the wall, and forgot that we saw a white walker right in that first section.

There were a few interesting nods to what was coming when the King showed up at Winterfell.
Arya was excitedly watching everything, but she seemed to take a particular, albeit brief interest in the Hound as he rode past.
Sansa was very interested in Joffrey, and begged her mother to persuade Ned to agree to the marriage. If only she knew Smiley
Weird to see the Stark boys all together, given how separate their story lines go.

And how the hell do we ever warm to Jamie Lannister?
He's arrogant and vicious, right from the start, especially the ease with which he pushes Bran to what he expects to be his death.
There is an obvious affection for Tyrion from him right from the start though.

Forgot just how rough a deal Danaerys gets at the start.
Her brother is horrible.
Plenty of Dani unrobed, which I'm sure we all miss  Tongue

Episode a week for 40 weeks, should get us through to next season lovely.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 12, 2015, 04:11:19 PM »

Bump so there is no spoilers on the TV show thread.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #236 on: April 12, 2015, 04:13:03 PM »

Have to also be careful in this thread as the first four episodes have been leaked online, so can we make sure this thread is HBO paced spoilers only
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 14, 2015, 10:28:07 AM »

Guess I'm banned from this thread for a month then......

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 15, 2015, 09:20:02 AM »

Probably best to just ban you from blonde for a month to be on the safe side Smiley

Blue text
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 02, 2015, 11:29:25 PM »

Probably best to just ban you from blonde for a month to be on the safe side Smiley

Do you guys all catch up tomorrow? Not sure where you are yet?

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: