blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:22:58 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 158720 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: August 14, 2017, 10:17:23 PM »

I think the dragons will sense Jons in danger and go get him like they did with Dany. I don't think Dany will necessarily be there.

I like this idea. Think you may well be right.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 14, 2017, 10:21:48 PM »

Very surprised that Sam didn't pick up on the relevance of Gilly's reading (the mention of Rhaegar surely would have registered with him).  Rhaegar's marriage annulment and (presumed) subsequent marriage to Lyanna legitimises Jon's birth, so creates more complexities with regard to the Iron Throne, although common sense seems to be kicking in all around in the short term with regard to the threat from the Night King.

It was just a teaser for us viewers at this point but way too early for the characters to find out. Got to get way more hints before it all comes together in one big reveal.

We've definitely not heard the last of this, I'm pretty sure Sam gave that particular book to the kid who started playing with it and I imagine has kept it for the journey North.

It'll be read again in season 7 without doubt.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 15, 2017, 02:00:01 AM »

Dont think the Rhaegar reveal shouldve been relevant to Sam at this stage, as far as he knows theres no link between Rhaegar, Lyanna and Jon.  Guessing itll come back into play when Sam meets back up with Jon and Jon finds out about his parentage from Bran.

Lots of people "predicting" the death of a dragon soon, is there any basis for this from anything we have seen on the show or did you catch a glimpse of the pre-season spoiler leak?

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 15, 2017, 08:50:15 AM »

They both rely on 'fire and fury' and have preternaturally vivid hair: is Daenerys the Trump of Westeros?

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/08/daenerys-targaryen-has-become-the-donald-trump-of-game-of-thrones/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 15, 2017, 09:37:38 AM »

Dont think the Rhaegar reveal shouldve been relevant to Sam at this stage, as far as he knows theres no link between Rhaegar, Lyanna and Jon.  Guessing itll come back into play when Sam meets back up with Jon and Jon finds out about his parentage from Bran.

Lots of people "predicting" the death of a dragon soon, is there any basis for this from anything we have seen on the show or did you catch a glimpse of the pre-season spoiler leak?

Surely it's got to happen at some point or there's no point to the whole story as Dany just swoops in and turns the walkers to toast? Seeing as we know it's got to happen and there's only 8 episodes left they need to get a move on.....

As far as my dragon death 'predictions' go I'm a bit out. I've been expecting one to die pretty much every episode since season 2 started.

Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 15, 2017, 09:53:31 AM »

I didn't think he should have made the link to Jon necessarily, but he'd just been told something about a very famous prince, who's name he would have recognised, having a marriage annulled and re-marrying.  The story of Rhaegar and Lyanna at the tournament, when he ignored his wife and declared her the queen of love and beauty (or whatever it was), is one which is well known across Westeros, so you'd think he'd make the link and realise it was a fairly significant piece of news in itself.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
roshambo

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: August 15, 2017, 10:05:01 AM »

only other person who has connected wit Dragons is Tyrion back when he fed and let them go, Dany, Tyrion and Jon, all Targs and a dragon each !
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 15, 2017, 10:07:04 AM »

I didn't think he should have made the link to Jon necessarily, but he'd just been told something about a very famous prince, who's name he would have recognised, having a marriage annulled and re-marrying.  The story of Rhaegar and Lyanna at the tournament, when he ignored his wife and declared her the queen of love and beauty (or whatever it was), is one which is well known across Westeros, so you'd think he'd make the link and realise it was a fairly significant piece of news in itself.

He was flustered at the time basically thinking every book was full of shit, literally. They made her pronounce Rhaegar incorrectly and focus on the "annulment" question so it's plausible that he didn't register it properly in his state of mind.

If she'd started the question "who's prince Ragger" instead of "What's an annulment" then he'd have been all over it. Also if it happened a few weeks ago whilst he was a keen student in awe of everything he saw and read rather than being minutes away from packing up and leaving it would've been different.

I think they've done it quite cleverly really. Shown the maesters up to be a bunch of grumpy old farts who consider themselves to be far superior to everyone else and won't listen to reason of any kind. Makes you realise why Qyburn went against their ways as he obviously got frustrated too.

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 15, 2017, 11:02:42 PM »

only other person who has connected wit Dragons is Tyrion back when he fed and let them go, Dany, Tyrion and Jon, all Targs and a dragon each !

I think Bran will Warg into a dragon and control the 3rd one if it comes to that.  Id maybe even say that might happen instead of Jon riding one if 1 of the dragons does die and we're down to 2.  I cant see any conceivable way Tyrion will be riding a dragon, heard some theories of him actually being half Targareon but it hasnt been even closely hinted at in the shows, I dont think itll happen.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 15, 2017, 11:24:36 PM »

It has been hinted at hasn't it? Tyrion petting the captivated dragon underground in meereen? They only let targaryean's do that....season 6 ep 2. Masses of references to it in blogs and it's significance
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 11:33:05 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 16, 2017, 09:35:46 AM »

You can pick ONE GoT character to kill and you can pick who is the "winner" (however you want to judge that) at the end. Go.

MINE

Kill: Littlefinger
Win: Sansa

My eyes are open wide
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #701 on: August 16, 2017, 09:43:42 AM »

Kill: Daenrys
Win: Cersei

Presume this means everyone hates me
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 16, 2017, 10:07:13 AM »

Kill: DaveShoelace & Cersei
Win: Hot Pie

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 16, 2017, 12:40:40 PM »

Episode 6 is out

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 16, 2017, 12:46:52 PM »

Absolutely no spoilers please if anyone watches a leaked version

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: