blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:21:42 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 158788 times)
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #735 on: August 21, 2017, 10:52:49 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/aug/21/game-of-thrones-the-best-show-on-tv-just-became-the-silliest

Can't argue with that or the thoughts in this thread. A Raven flies there and a dragon comes back in a matter of days? Silly.

Why did that one Walker at the start survive yet the others all collapsed (has been answered, he was turned by another)  Why did they drag that one with them when there was another 100,000 walkers they could have taken. Why are Arya and Sansa both idiots now?

They are just rushing it now, one episode left in this series.
Hopefully they go for the 2 hour episodes in the final series next year as has apparently been touted.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 10:58:25 PM by Cavey007 » Logged

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #736 on: August 21, 2017, 11:56:08 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2017/aug/21/game-of-thrones-the-best-show-on-tv-just-became-the-silliest

Can't argue with that or the thoughts in this thread. A Raven flies there and a dragon comes back in a matter of days? Silly.

Why did that one Walker at the start survive yet the others all collapsed (has been answered, he was turned by another)  Why did they drag that one with them when there was another 100,000 walkers they could have taken. Why are Arya and Sansa both idiots now?

Hopefully they go for the 2 hour episodes in the final series next year as has apparently been touted.

I have a rough idea why they preferred to take the walker they already had tied up in a bundle, rather than taking one from the edge of a group of 100,000, all of whom were intent on eating them alive. I'm not going to tell you though, I'm going to see if you can figure it out for yourself.....

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #737 on: August 22, 2017, 07:50:58 AM »

still,it was all worth it for this right?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #738 on: August 22, 2017, 07:59:09 AM »

this is laugh out loud funny. is most weeks

Everyone behaved like a total idiot in this week’s Game of Thrones, says  Anna Leszkie

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/tv-radio/2017/08/game-of-thrones-7-6-beyond-the-wall-jon-dany-tormund

My eyes are open wide
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #739 on: August 22, 2017, 08:36:51 AM »

I have a rough idea why they preferred to take the walker they already had tied up in a bundle, rather than taking one from the edge of a group of 100,000, all of whom were intent on eating them alive. I'm not going to tell you though, I'm going to see if you can figure it out for yourself.....

Guess they were a little preoccupied

DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #740 on: August 22, 2017, 06:03:24 PM »

this is laugh out loud funny. is most weeks

Everyone behaved like a total idiot in this week’s Game of Thrones, says  Anna Leszkie

http://www.newstatesman.com/culture/tv-radio/2017/08/game-of-thrones-7-6-beyond-the-wall-jon-dany-tormund

Brilliant Cheesy

Thanks for posting

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #741 on: August 22, 2017, 07:58:59 PM »

"apparently the dicks with fire swords didn’t feel the need to keep him warm" did wonder that myself

EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #742 on: August 23, 2017, 11:00:25 AM »

So flaming sword guy suggested to Jon that if they kill the top man all his minions die.

Jon's response was that they can't do that as they have to get their prisoner back to Cersei so that they can enlist her help in fighting the army of the dead.

So they can't kill them all now as then they won't be able to get help to kill them all in the future?

Jon Snow truly is a master of idiocy.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #743 on: August 23, 2017, 11:39:37 AM »

Where did Uncle Benjy come from?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #744 on: August 23, 2017, 12:04:55 PM »

Is he really dead?

I get the sense there is more to his character that we don't yet know. Either that, or they realised he hadn't been mentioned for a while, was a loose end and had to kill him off. I am amazed he hasn't already died out there on his own against entire armies. Maybe he can't die.?
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #745 on: August 23, 2017, 12:12:21 PM »

Is he really dead?

I get the sense there is more to his character that we don't yet know. Either that, or they realised he hadn't been mentioned for a while, was a loose end and had to kill him off. I am amazed he hasn't already died out there on his own against entire armies. Maybe he can't die.?

He told Bran the backstory when he rescued him after the 'Hold The Door' battle.  He'd been killed by the White Walkers, but prevented from becoming a wight by the Children of the Forest.  Consequently, he's 'dead' and therefore unable to pass through the wall, which has some form of magic enchantment within it to prevent the dead from crossing it (which also explains why the Night King's army is heading for Eastwatch to go around it).  Bran asked him to come back with him and Meera and he told them he couldn't cross the wall.

I suspect we've now seen the last of him.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #746 on: August 23, 2017, 12:22:54 PM »

Just had a little google and the consensus appears to be that Bran was watching and asked him to go and save Jon.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #747 on: August 23, 2017, 12:28:56 PM »

Hmm can't work out what's wrong. Tried with and without the s

https://gfycat.com/BlindNeglectedDingo
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 12:32:59 PM by rfgqqabc » Logged

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #748 on: August 23, 2017, 01:47:51 PM »

Just had a little google and the consensus appears to be that Bran was watching and asked him to go and save Jon.

You absolute fucking GoT nerd!!!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #749 on: August 25, 2017, 07:39:38 AM »

‘Game of Thrones’ Director on Speedy Ravens https://nyti.ms/2vjbHpm

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 ... 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: