blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:38:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Game of Thrones - Spoilers S8E6  (Read 158723 times)
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #870 on: April 29, 2019, 09:39:45 AM »

Not sure how I feel about Arya being the one to kill the night king
Is that really the end of the dead
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #871 on: April 29, 2019, 12:24:39 PM »

Epic. Feels obvious now looking back, that the army of dead had to be defeated at winterfell (how could you there be survivors from both parties that both make their way down to kings landing?) And a 3 way battle between the dead, cersei and everyone else just wouldn't work would it? But I never saw that coming.

It needed a big ending otherwise you'd be left feeling a little disappointed as they killed off some predictable fringe characters like Ed, Beric and Lyanna M but it was done so damn well - loved it.

I was getting so frustrated with Bran though - do something ffs! Was expecting him to warg into Vyserion and save everyone - or at least use his powers for something! But he just sat there. What was the use of him warging into the ravens? Seems like he was just browsing the battle for his own interest! 

Now that the Night King is dead, will Bran still have a big part to play?

So presumably there's very little of the unsullied and dothraki left, so it's all the surviving main characters plus two dragons vs Cersei, the iron fleet and the golden company. Can't wait! And still all the big payoffs to come like Clegane bowl, Jamie/Tyrion/Cersei, Arya/Sansa/Cersei etc etc. What a show.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #872 on: April 29, 2019, 12:42:19 PM »

Epic. Feels obvious now looking back, that the army of dead had to be defeated at winterfell (how could you there be survivors from both parties that both make their way down to kings landing?) And a 3 way battle between the dead, cersei and everyone else just wouldn't work would it? But I never saw that coming.

It needed a big ending otherwise you'd be left feeling a little disappointed as they killed off some predictable fringe characters like Ed, Beric and Lyanna M but it was done so damn well - loved it.

I was getting so frustrated with Bran though - do something ffs! Was expecting him to warg into Vyserion and save everyone - or at least use his powers for something! But he just sat there. What was the use of him warging into the ravens? Seems like he was just browsing the battle for his own interest! 

So presumably there's very little of the unsullied and dothraki left, so it's all the surviving main characters plus two dragons vs Cersei, the iron fleet and the golden company. Can't wait! And still all the big payoffs to come like Clegane bowl, Jamie/Tyrion/Cersei, Arya/Sansa/Cersei etc etc. What a show.

Only 1 dragon left.  Two of them died yesterday (1 good, 1 already dead)

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #873 on: April 29, 2019, 01:57:48 PM »

Started off watching it in the lounge at lunch time. Just moved house and have no curtains.

Its very dark so ended up watching it sat on the floor in the bathroom, the only room in the house that I can make pitch black!

It's 10/10 tv of course. I must be the dream audience member as completely forgot Arya running off so when she pops back up at the end, a noise came out my mouth that I don't think I have ever made before.

I also found Sansa and Tyrion hiding in the crypt so moving. Am I the only one that thought they were about to stab themselves?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #874 on: April 29, 2019, 02:20:40 PM »

The most epic piece of TV/Film for me was always the long shoot out in Heat. The noise was incredible and stays with me even now.

That episode just blew it away. I lost track of how many times I paused it to catch my breath and even giggle a couple of times at how bloody good it was.

Some things just didnt add up. The dragonglass should have been more effective and just cut them down, but some dead seemed to keep fighting and some exploded. Arya even stabbed one in the chin and it just bled out. Complete lack of continuity really, but all abso fine.

Epic TV and Im half way through watching it again in the same day, not something I ever recalled doing before.

Exhausted, but satisfied! Wink
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 02:45:39 PM by BigAdz » Logged

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #875 on: April 29, 2019, 02:47:44 PM »

Am I the only one that thought they were about to stab themselves?

No!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 29, 2019, 03:03:46 PM »

Only 1 dragon left.  Two of them died yesterday (1 good, 1 already dead)

Don't think the good one died yesterday. 95% sure.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #877 on: April 29, 2019, 05:53:33 PM »

I don't want to be contrary, I love GOT but for me that was the worst episode ever. Just darkness and noise.

Might as well have watched it on the wireless.

The older I get, the better I was.
Dewi_cool

Dusk Till Dawn - It's like going home

View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 29, 2019, 06:25:04 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/asoiafmemes/videos/384035248854933/

The very last hand of the night goes to Dewi James, who finds ACES and talks Raymond O’Mahoney into calling his all-in preflop bet of 15k.  “If I had AQ, I’d call!” says Dewi.  Raymond calls holding pocket 66’s.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 29, 2019, 09:40:51 PM »

I don't want to be contrary, I love GOT but for me that was the worst episode ever. Just darkness and noise.

Might as well have watched it on the wireless.

Music was good and a few good set scenes like ze vitevalkers strolling in like the magnificent 7, Tyrion/Sansa, Hound/Arya, Dany/Sir Friendzone, nice to see Melisandre but feel she should have whipped them out one last time for old times sake. Otherwise predictable hogwash of course. John Snow remaining the world's worst tactician was a lot of fun to me. Obvs still committed to seeing it through.

sola virtus nobilitat
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 29, 2019, 09:58:59 PM »

Didn’t have a problem with brightness. But I did stay up for it so was watching it in pitch black.

Arya getting the kill was very satisfying although did feel somewhat anti climactic. But I think it was always going to be to a point.

Still overall v v good.

Blue text
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 29, 2019, 10:01:07 PM »

Enjoyed it but the first 30 mins were basically in darkness wtf? Seems like a cop out to avoid showing a high quality detailed scrap....
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 30, 2019, 04:55:00 AM »

The most epic piece of TV/Film for me was always the long shoot out in Heat. The noise was incredible and stays with me even now.

That episode just blew it away. I lost track of how many times I paused it to catch my breath and even giggle a couple of times at how bloody good it was.

Some things just didnt add up. The dragonglass should have been more effective and just cut them down, but some dead seemed to keep fighting and some exploded. Arya even stabbed one in the chin and it just bled out. Complete lack of continuity really, but all abso fine.

Epic TV and Im half way through watching it again in the same day, not something I ever recalled doing before.

Weren't the ones who exploded the Targeryan White Walkers rather than just the dead normies? As for the bleeding I thought the same but I guess dead people still have blood up to a point? Was this before or after the night king raised the dead? If it was a fresh corpse then its fine.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 30, 2019, 07:15:07 AM »

Weren't the ones who exploded the Targeryan White Walkers rather than just the dead normies? As for the bleeding I thought the same but I guess dead people still have blood up to a point? Was this before or after the night king raised the dead? If it was a fresh corpse then its fine.

Before he rose them. Others were crumbling when hit with DG, some weren't.

As said a small point that didn't detract from the enjoyment.

Worst episode ever because it was a little dark.......I've told you a million times not to exaggerate Tom.......

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 30, 2019, 03:16:43 PM »

very good

https://www.joe.co.uk/entertainment/player-ratings-for-game-of-thrones-battle-of-winterfell-229662

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: