blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 07:40:19 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max @ DTD is on telly tonight.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 45 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sky Poker UKPC 6-Max @ DTD is on telly tonight.  (Read 105160 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2014, 08:36:23 AM »

Great news. The last Sky Poker Championship was the best UK festival atmosphere I have seen. Glad it seems to becoming a fixture / hope it does become a fixture. Better get winning some tokens!

Thanks.

Yes, "the atmo", that untouchable & unseeable thing, was very good indeed, in all the feedback received "great atmo" has been the most mentioned.

Become a fixture? We shall have to see, but personally, yes, I hope so. That's the plan, but you know how it is, many a slip twixt cup & lip.

Look forward to seeing you there.  

We have a way to go yet. Here's the Lobby next door, as of this morning....

No Players

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hatthehole

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2014, 09:43:42 AM »

I think it's fantastic the way DTD are holding these festivals. Its not just one main event anymore theres great tourneys all week.  I personally prefer 6max to full ring and I know a lot of other poker players do too, very excited about going down for this.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2014, 10:18:59 AM »

I think it's fantastic the way DTD are holding these festivals. Its not just one main event anymore theres great tourneys all week.  I personally prefer 6max to full ring and I know a lot of other poker players do too, very excited about going down for this.

Thanks Tom, & yes, hats off to DTD.

The whole idea, from inception back in the Autumn of 2012, was to make these Festivals, rather than specific Events. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2014, 10:20:31 AM »

Very excited about this.
The UKPC was as near to perfect as possible, for a Uk poker festival.... great fun, superb atmosphere, events excellently planned, and impeccably executed.
Having said that I lost money, so it was obviously s***!  Smiley

Some people are a little wary of 6-max, but I hope it doesn't put anyone off playing. The week/events will tick so many boxes for all types of player, and the 6-max Mini at the start of the week, at £250, could be an absolute monster success.
pez102

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2014, 10:58:59 AM »

Big fan of this schedule and even bigger fan of DTD, I haven't  really played much live stuff this year but I'm always in when it's there, good job guys!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2014, 11:19:50 AM »

http://www.pokerplayer.co.uk/news/dusk-till-dawn-to-host-sky-poker-6-max-uk-poker-championships-this-summer/

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2014, 11:43:49 AM »

Fantastic. Out of interest, how did the turbos do last time round? Who won the vegas package too? i dont remember reading much about that.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DaleMET
Probation

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2014, 11:48:09 AM »

This looks amazing and no surprise birthday party for my Mrs in the middle to 'spoil' the week and make me come home early!!! Hell, I might even play some poker as well as punt hotels :-)

Much love to DTD and Sky for putting together a true festival - I'll make sure I reciprocate by getting some incredible rates together for local hotels etc... You never know we might even get people to book early!!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2014, 11:55:41 AM »

Fantastic. Out of interest, how did the turbos do last time round? Who won the vegas package too? i dont remember reading much about that.

Plenners!

Been waiting for you, I need you to organise Team Budapest to come across.

There was only one Turbo last time, on the Sunday. It beat the G'tee, but not by much, needed 50 runners, got 55. The 6 Max Sidey, though, got over 400 runners, which blew us away, & helped prompt the logic behind doing this.

We think - hope - that 6-Max will work better for Turbos though. What you reckon?

The Vegas Package? Well it was a "Vegas or Cash" thing, & the Main Event winner bagged it, young Alex Spencer. However, he is not 21 yet, & so was not eligible for Vegas, so I assume he took the cash or DTD Token equivelent. DTD organised that, so I'm not certain, to be honest.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 11:58:35 AM by tikay » Logged

bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2014, 11:55:59 AM »

Looks like another great Festival to look forward to and plenty of time to sat into it nice and cheap , possibly  Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2014, 11:59:21 AM »

Well it was a "Vegas or Cash" thing, & the Main Event winner bagged it, young Alex. However, he is not 21 yet, & so was not eligible for Vegas, so I assume he took the cash or DTD Token equivelent. DTD organiseed that, so I'm not certain, to be honest.

correct, Alex received DTD tournament buy ins equivalent to the value of the package

There is a $15,000 / £10,000 Leaderboard (or equivalent in DTD buy-ins) for this festival possibly linked to an event to be advised, its not public yet

Winners of each event will receive white gold Bracelets 

the DTD micro-site with more details should be available sometime over Easter and will link it when its up

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2014, 11:59:35 AM »

Looks like another great Festival to look forward to and plenty of time to sat into it nice and cheap , possibly  Smiley

Marv.

Middy, Perrins, Goulder, Plinop, all the names & faces, then along comes Moult. Into each life, a little rain must fall.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2014, 12:00:09 PM »

great, maybe this will be the best festival ever held in England.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2014, 12:00:41 PM »

This looks amazing and no surprise birthday party for my Mrs in the middle to 'spoil' the week and make me come home early!!! Hell, I might even play some poker as well as punt hotels :-)

Much love to DTD and Sky for putting together a true festival - I'll make sure I reciprocate by getting some incredible rates together for local hotels etc... You never know we might even get people to book early!!

Come on Dale, keep it real.

cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 17, 2014, 12:06:48 PM »

My only criticism of the UKPC was how the leaderboard was structured, making it, in my opinion 90-95% certain that whoever won the main event won the leaderboard.

I'd like there to be more of a sweat so people can still get there if they come 4th in the last turbo or something! It'll get more people staying on for the last few events if multiple people can still bink the package.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 12:08:46 PM by cambridgealex » Logged

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 45 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: