blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:46:31 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2014 World Cup Betting / Discussion thread
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 World Cup Betting / Discussion thread  (Read 48077 times)
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 06:31:36 PM »

Dzeko to be top scorer for Bosnia 13/8 seems massive.

I really like this bet, am on!

I've also bet Ivory Coast to qualify from their group at evens and be the best African team at 6/4.

I think betting e/w in the golden boot market on Aguero (16s) and Higuain (25s) will be profitable.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 06:35:52 PM »

Balotelli e/w 40-1 1/4 1,2,3,4

ideally need a player who takes pens in the golden boot, needing 6 goals to win it typically

first or 2nd in the italy group gets 1st or 2nd in colombia/ivory coast so there is a path to the quarters there

i think 10-1 balotelli to finish in the top 4 is great value compared to say aguero or higuain who aren't on pens for argentina. aguero has never taken a pen for argentina. granted, they could play 7 games, italy might not!

--

amongst the favourites think neymar is much better value than messi

--

quite like remy at 100-1 amongst the outsiders

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 11:57:30 PM »

Really like the top 2 in this market. They are in the hardest groups and don't have any outstanding goal threats.

Think you could back both ew profitably, think we would be really unlucky to be outside the top 3.

I can see both teams scoring maybe 1 goal.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/lowest-scoring-team
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 12:12:32 AM by maldini32 » Logged
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2014, 12:53:22 AM »

Balotelli e/w 40-1 1/4 1,2,3,4

ideally need a player who takes pens in the golden boot, needing 6 goals to win it typically

first or 2nd in the italy group gets 1st or 2nd in colombia/ivory coast so there is a path to the quarters there

i think 10-1 balotelli to finish in the top 4 is great value compared to say aguero or higuain who aren't on pens for argentina. aguero has never taken a pen for argentina. granted, they could play 7 games, italy might not!

--

amongst the favourites think neymar is much better value than messi

--

quite like remy at 100-1 amongst the outsiders

None of the front runners are too eye catching despite wanting a player from a team that will make the semi's.

Ballotelli made my short list, I like him now a firm has gone 40's instead of 33's.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2014, 01:00:01 AM »

Just me that thinks the Dutch at 33/1 seems decent ?

Don't think Spain are a lock to win that Group, with 2nd most likely playing Brazil.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2014, 01:37:06 AM »

Top scorer for the Spain national team http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/spain/top-goalscorer

Spain are due to name their final 23 man squad any time now. At the previous world cup, euro's and confederations cup Vincent Del Bosque has always taken 3 strikers + Pedro and Fabregas. We can expect the final 3 strikers to be Costa, Negredo + 1.

This was a market of interest as Spain's stock of strikers is higher than in their previous false 9 years. So far nobody has settled in the role with Soldado, Villa, Negredo, Fabregas and Michu all starting up front at some point in qualifying.

Costa 7-2
He's expected to be the first choice striker. With only 1 cap and 2 warm up games to go he could struggle to adapt to the Spanish style of possession football which is entirely different to Atleti's way of playing. There's high expectations on his shoulders hence why his disappointing performance against Itlay was panned.

Negredo 13/2
Before Costa switched his allegiance he looked likely to be first choice when fit. His game time will be questionable.

Fabregas 9-1
Should see plenty game time in center/ advanced center mid. Could play as a false 9 in the knockout, must not lose games. His goals scoring record does not appeal though.

Pedro 9-1
He'll be first choice in an advanced role on the left. If for tactical reasons they play someone else in that role then Pedro becomes first choice on the right.
He was top scored in qualifying with 5 goals, 1 ahead of Negredo. This was helped by 8 + (2) appearances and a hat-trick against Belarus.
In a similar number of appearances for Barca this season he had 14 goals to Cesc's 8.

As one of the few forward players with guaranteed game time Pedro looks a good bet @ 9-1.
Jamier-Host

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2014, 03:11:53 AM »

Really like the top 2 in this market. They are in the hardest groups and don't have any outstanding goal threats.

Think you could back both ew profitably, think we would be really unlucky to be outside the top 3.

Like the 15/2 Bet365 are offering on Iran myself. Interesting market, although remember the odd random set of results. e.g France scored none one year.

Side Project - making games for Amazon Alexa devices

pressthe8.com
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2014, 12:31:02 PM »

Like the 15/2 Bet365 are offering on Iran myself. Interesting market, although remember the odd random set of results. e.g France scored none one year.

I'm also on Iran for this. Australia will certainly struggle but I can see them sneaking one and can certainly see Costa Rica getting one or two.

Note on anyone backing Costa; maybe wait to see if he plays on Saturday as he picked up an injury in the barca game. There was talk that he could even miss out on WC although could be scare tactics.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2014, 12:33:13 PM »

I'm also on Iran for this. Australia will certainly struggle but I can see them sneaking one and can certainly see Costa Rica getting one or two.

Note on anyone backing Costa; maybe wait to see if he plays on Saturday as he picked up an injury in the barca game. There was talk that he could even miss out on WC although could be scare tactics.

Scared me enough to level out my position a little...

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2014, 12:38:46 PM »

If talking about lowest scoring bet then meh, it's the world cup, anything can happen (or at least that's what I keep telling myself when I press 100/1 shots) Smiley

If Costa, then meh probs just get a refunded bet if he doesn't play at all, although wading in and him being injured or coming on as sub or whatever would be pretty brutal.

"Greening out" and "levelling my position" are not phrases I comprehend. Smiley

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 19, 2014, 12:44:45 PM »

If talking about lowest scoring bet then meh, it's the world cup, anything can happen (or at least that's what I keep telling myself when I press 100/1 shots) Smiley

If Costa, then meh probs just get a refunded bet if he doesn't play at all, although wading in and him being injured or coming on as sub or whatever would be pretty brutal.

I'm talking about Champs League final on Saturday Cheesy

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 12:48:15 PM »

I'm talking about Champs League final on Saturday Cheesy

Ahhhh. Yeah defo do that.

I don't think he was faking it..

Click to see full-size image.

tbf he was crying less than I would be if for some reason I couldn't watch the world cup, let alone not play in it!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2014, 01:43:04 PM »

Lukaku 5/2 a good thing? or you'd rather have Hazard at 6-1?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/belgium/top-goalscorer

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2014, 02:24:06 PM »

Lukaku 5/2 a good thing? or you'd rather have Hazard at 6-1?

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/belgium/top-goalscorer

I think Hazard is value personally. I also think his 80/1 top goalscorer could have some legs. Chucked a fiver on him last week just for sweats.

Currently looking at Player of tournament again, had an early punt on Fred @ 100/1 which seems to have shortened a bit but I reckon there will be some good bets out there to be had in this market. I thought Hazard and Robben could be a bet but Hazard is 25-33/1 for the golden ball (which I thought was quite short) and Robben is 50/1 which I think I might bet, although the stats are not really with me on this one unless I can see him scoring 5.

Golden ball winners:

2010: Diego Forlan - Uruguay - Forward (scored 5)
2006: Zidane - France - Attacking midfielder (scored 5) + (headbutted Materazzi award is given before the final I believe)
2002: Oliver Khan - Germany - Keeper - (5 clean sheeets)
1998: Ronaldo - Brazil - Striker (Scored 4)
1994: Romario - Brazil - Striker (Scored 5)
1990: Schillaci - Italy - Striker (Scored 6)
1986: Maradonna - Argentina - Striker (Scored 5)

Trying to see if there are correlations between hosts, finishing positions, playing positions, etc. So far I have deduced defenders don't seem to have much luck in winning it.. you want a player who can bang them in from a team likely to go the distance.

aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2014, 02:33:19 PM »

I like England's group to be the lowest scoring at 7-1.

England & Italy are hardly the most attacking units & in everyone of the games between the top 3 it will likely to be games where each team will want to hold for 1-0, because the group is so tight.

Not sure on Costa Rica but I can't see them being that bad that they are getting over 3 knocked pat them every game.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: