blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:24:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2014 World Cup Betting / Discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014 World Cup Betting / Discussion thread  (Read 48056 times)
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: June 13, 2014, 10:30:21 PM »

Great football match to watch, if England's game is half as entertaining I'll be happy.

BBC dropped very fortunate with their first game, but their presentation and commentary team is so much better than ITV it's almost embarrassing.

I was going to post the exact same thing word for word.

In the World Cup do they not do the same as Premier League with retrospective punishment ? Costa headbutt is what I'm referring to.

Assume not as Neymar would be suspended too

Ref booked him though so he seen it, in Prem they couldn't do any punishment there.

Good point, forgot he got booked

Carpe Diem
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: June 14, 2014, 12:36:28 PM »

Don't think retrospective action exists, FIFA like to think that no problems exist.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: June 14, 2014, 01:42:01 PM »

Such an epic game, this is what the world cup is all about.

I don't think them dropping from 40's to 14's is an over-reaction. They've just shown they are somewhat capable.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: June 14, 2014, 01:52:55 PM »

I don't think them dropping from 40's to 14's is an over-reaction. They've just shown they are somewhat capable.

think as well that part of the reason they were priced at 45s is they have (probably next to england/ita/uru) the 'group of death' to navigate first and that in most people's expectations they run into Brazil in round 2 if they did qualify,

it would take a full on blow up that only the dutch are really capable of to not qualify now and they have a great shot at winning the group as well ofc which avoids Brazil in 99% of cases.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 15, 2014, 02:42:53 AM »

think as well that part of the reason they were priced at 45s is they have (probably next to england/ita/uru) the 'group of death' to navigate first and that in most people's expectations they run into Brazil in round 2 if they did qualify,

it would take a full on blow up that only the dutch are really capable of to not qualify now and they have a great shot at winning the group as well ofc which avoids Brazil in 99% of cases.

They are still likely to be decent priced underdogs vs whoever they face in the final/semis. Just seemed a bit much from one result.

Japan really impressive in the first twenty mins, soaked some pressure up nicely. Ivory Coasts keeper looks beyond a joke, not caught any of the shots that have been straight at him yet! When was the last time a ref booked a player for a foul having played advantage? Or is this something that just happens on fifa?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: June 15, 2014, 12:28:44 PM »

They are still likely to be decent priced underdogs vs whoever they face in the final/semis. Just seemed a bit much from one result.

Japan really impressive in the first twenty mins, soaked some pressure up nicely. Ivory Coasts keeper looks beyond a joke, not caught any of the shots that have been straight at him yet! When was the last time a ref booked a player for a foul having played advantage? Or is this something that just happens on fifa?

Drogba came on and was an absolute monster, completely ruined my dreams of glory but got the overs and BTTS up. Mixed bag of onions.

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 15, 2014, 01:54:59 PM »

Lichsteiner absolute machine from rb, bombs forward for fun.

20/1 mom in Switzerland match tonight with Laddies.

superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: June 15, 2014, 07:50:18 PM »

Lichsteiner absolute machine from rb, bombs forward for fun.

20/1 mom in Switzerland match tonight with Laddies.

Apolgies for sort of after-timing but only just seen this. Copy of a post I made in TFT:

There's some long Fifa Man of The Match Award prices on players not expected to start in the England vs Italy game. Marco Veratti is expected to start and possibly in a more advanced CM role than the defensive role he occupies for PSG.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/world-cup/england-v-italy/fifa-man-of-the-match

There's some 40-1 if we can get a few quid on with Uneed to bet, we can pass on the general prices of 20's.

From what I've been reading from regular MOTM backers on Twitter the general consensus seems to be to keep away from it in the WC, or at least play it differently from normal. The awards are given by a public vote, a vote which is open all match I believe, and it tends to be a popularity contest rather than a true MOTM award as given by a pundit in usual games.

Example of this: in the Switzerland game Shaqiri got MOTM.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 15, 2014, 09:26:24 PM »

There won't be too many long priced MOTM winners here. You want to be writing up a short list of the fans favourites/ players from major clubs.

I wouldn't want to be laying evens on Messi in the group stages.
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #159 on: June 15, 2014, 09:29:13 PM »

Technology Farce

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 15, 2014, 09:34:24 PM »

How did that take so long? First time it was close system said no, second incident it said yes and we have to waste 5 mins of everyones life looking into this further?

And there was definitely one replay on our screens.

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 15, 2014, 09:34:57 PM »

How did that take so long? First time it was close system said no, second incident it said yes and we have to waste 5 mins of everyones life looking into this further?

Yeah don't get that mind.

So very easy lol.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 15, 2014, 09:35:36 PM »

Some funny stuff popping up on FB this last day or two  Grin
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 09:40:53 PM by Woodsey » Logged
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 15, 2014, 09:37:16 PM »

Technology Farce

Eh?  Perfect. Saved all the was it wasnt it fuss.

Hits post. Tech confirms that stage no goal; Goalie grabs it. Tech showed it as a goal. Likely wouldnt have been given without it

As for the commentry "what of brazil arg final". Superb if so, it worked and saves all the arguements for years ahead

Carpe Diem
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 15, 2014, 09:38:18 PM »

Standard  Grin
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 ... 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: