blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:16:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  India in September
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Down Print
Author Topic: India in September  (Read 7669 times)
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2014, 12:50:29 AM »

does that mean you decided on India?

Yes Cos, we did, but Borneo is now definitely on the bucket list.

We decided to go because if we don't go this year we will be even less likely to go next year.

We managed to book a car and driver for what is essentially peanuts. We're doing Dehli, Agra and Jaipur with a 3 day stop over in Dubai on the way home.

Many thanks to everyone for the great input.

Great!

I'm all about trying new places but I definitely want to re-visit Borneo it was that amazing. I really think you will love it.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
BangBang

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2014, 11:58:14 AM »

Sounds good, you will enjoy those places, there isn't a huge amount in Agra though other than the Taj.

Just make sure you have full control over your driver when you are there. Some of them will railroad you into staying places that aren't that nice because they will get to stay free, or get kick backs from their mates who run the hotels who might well overcharge you to give the driver his commission. If it was me I'd either make it clear i have the final say where we will stay, or if he has a plan already ask now to see where he will take you and do a quick bit of research to check you are happy with everything. At least you can ask to stay another place now if what they are planning doesn't look the best.

Also the standard of driving there is appalling, worse than anywhere else I have been, ridiculous blind overtaking in old underpowered taxis and such like, don't be scared to tell him to slow the fuck down, an extra hour is ok if you get there alive!

Will be interested in what you think of Dubai, my money is that you won't be too fussed.

Pretty much agree, you won't be fussed about Dubai, but it maybe a welcome change to the hustle and bustle of India...

Glad you chose India, you're in for a right adventure...

"Look! There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up" ... Dr. Emmett Brown

https://twitter.com/#!/Steven_Sethi
https://www.instagram.com/stevensethi/?hl=en
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 25, 2014, 02:16:31 PM »

does that mean you decided on India?

Yes Cos, we did, but Borneo is now definitely on the bucket list.

We decided to go because if we don't go this year we will be even less likely to go next year.

We managed to book a car and driver for what is essentially peanuts. We're doing Dehli, Agra and Jaipur with a 3 day stop over in Dubai on the way home.

Many thanks to everyone for the great input.

Great!

I'm all about trying new places but I definitely want to re-visit Borneo it was that amazing. I really think you will love it.

I really liked Borneo, and gave never been to India, don't think they are the same ballpark.

One thing I didn't like about Borneo is the damage you see to the Forest there.  Made me pretty sad to be honest.  We did say at an Eco resort whilst there which struck me as an excuse to change a small fortune for some very basic accommodation. 

Did love it there though.  Did you go to the Island where they hatch turtles Cos? 

I would put Belize above Borneo if you want an interesting place where you can go diving.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2014, 10:46:53 AM »

We leave next Wednesday. Blimey! How quickly that came around.

Can anyone advise me about currency? How and where do I get local dosh?

Click to see full-size image.

The older I get, the better I was.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2014, 11:03:23 AM »

That's come round quick.  Have a cracking trip, post plenty of photos!

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2014, 11:29:59 AM »

That's come round quick.  Have a cracking trip, post plenty of photos!

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
baldock92

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2014, 11:46:08 AM »

Will you be updating here fairly regularly? Sounds like an awesome trip!

Feed em rice.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2014, 11:57:41 AM »

Have a great time, didn't see the thread first time round but was an interesting read. Not been to India myself but have been to Dubai, i loved it but if it wasn't for the golf i can't imagine i would have liked it.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2014, 12:45:16 PM »

Don't think you could buy 'em in the UK when I went, dunno if that's changed. In which case change a small bit at the airport when you arrive them find then fish around for the best currency exchange to change a lump.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2014, 12:50:50 PM »

Article from last year that may still be of interest
http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/news-and-advice/qa-im-going-to-india-and-need-rupees-whats-the-best-way-of--buying-them-8511999.html

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2014, 01:00:14 PM »

Taking $ or € is terrible advice unless your are going somewhere you know will not take £££ or you will get a terrible rate (Myanmar for example), you do too much on the exchange rates changing them twice. ATM's, I always have my uk phone handy ready to receive the security phone call when trying to make the first withdrawal, sometimes they call sometimes they don't, after that first one it's unlikely to be a problem. Taking newish clean unmarked notes that haven't been scribbled all over by the bank is always sound advice in these sorts of countries, they will be refused in some places.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: September 17, 2014, 06:58:36 AM »

India is incredible, indescribable and unforgettable. I'm so glad we came.

The older I get, the better I was.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 17, 2014, 07:05:08 AM »

Had forgotten about this, but glad you're having a good time, and can't wait for the trip report!

GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2014, 01:58:31 AM »

Have a great time, didn't see the thread first time round but was an interesting read. Not been to India myself but have been to Dubai, i loved it but if it wasn't for the golf i can't imagine i would have liked it.

I haven't been to Dubai, but have been to Poland.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
marcro

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2014, 10:08:20 AM »

I haven't been to Dubai, but have been to Poland.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: