blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:14:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Saints and Sinners Southampton FC
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saints and Sinners Southampton FC  (Read 143850 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: June 06, 2017, 08:44:34 AM »

If Virgil goes from Saints to Liverpool for £60m, it's £152m of players doing that since 2014. Or 10-fold what the Liebherrs paid for Saints

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 06, 2017, 11:49:17 AM »

Southampton are going to report the approach to the Premier League.

There was a meeting this morning at St. Marys with a few angry senior people at the club. There has been no official offers from Liverpool yet Virgil is saying he wants to go their as Klopp has personally been involved in chasing him.

Suspect it will get done but, as is usual, we will dig our heels in to get the best deal. Goes without saying that selling your best players every Summer is so demoralising for the fans. It's the reality of modern football and being the sort of club we are but it still pains. Say the same thing every year.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 06, 2017, 12:21:04 PM »

I still think we will keep him unless bid gets super crazy 80 million

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 06, 2017, 04:05:15 PM »

Southampton are going to report the approach to the Premier League.

There was a meeting this morning at St. Marys with a few angry senior people at the club. There has been no official offers from Liverpool yet Virgil is saying he wants to go their as Klopp has personally been involved in chasing him.

Suspect it will get done but, as is usual, we will dig our heels in to get the best deal. Goes without saying that selling your best players every Summer is so demoralising for the fans. It's the reality of modern football and being the sort of club we are but it still pains. Say the same thing every year.

You have my sympathy.....

Click to see full-size image.

And there will be others (like ironsides if rumours of Hayes are correct) who are of a similar sarcastic mind to my club....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2017, 04:20:46 PM by Rod Paradise » Logged

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 07, 2017, 07:28:53 PM »

is this the end of the VVD saga i doubt it but hope it is

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/saints/news/15334246.Liverpool_apologise_and_end_van_Dijk_interest/

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 14, 2017, 10:24:09 PM »

Manager gone.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 14, 2017, 11:21:59 PM »

Manager gone.

he had lost the fans and some reports the dressing room but certainly not what we need, we need strong and stable for atleast 1 summer

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 14, 2017, 11:42:03 PM »

fixture list seems a little unbalanced this is my predictions

in the first 11 games the home match with Man U is the only game against a top7 side
then after the international break at the beginning of November we play 10 games including playing all of the top 7
including away games to liverpool man city chelsea spurs and  man u before the end of the year

So with a bit of luck everyone is going to be bigging up our league standing as we get 20+ out of the first 33
then lucky if we get 5 points between the international break and the new year game.

games then become a little easier again so we start to look to break into the top 6
but we crash and burn when we play 4 of the top 7 in final 6 games
we finish 8/9/10 and people will claim we bottled it

if anyone on the forum is a gambler i would be backing saints pre season/ laying them before the liverpool then backing for top 6 before the palace game on new years days and laying them after the west ham game at the end of march

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #593 on: June 15, 2017, 12:49:33 AM »

Manager gone.

Pleno next manager

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 23, 2017, 05:40:44 PM »

Mauricio Pellegrino signs for 3 years no idea who he is but lets hope for some stability for a bit

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 24, 2017, 05:17:53 PM »

Chelsea have offered £60m for VVD saints say £65m or he aint going anywhere
i have a horrid feeling he will be gone soon enough but cant knock back £65m

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 24, 2017, 05:54:26 PM »

Chelsea have offered £60m for VVD saints say £65m or he aint going anywhere
i have a horrid feeling he will be gone soon enough but cant knock back £65m

Great result for Celtic.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 25, 2017, 04:16:56 AM »

6million not really that much in these days for transfers championship players are going for 7 figures

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 28, 2017, 10:02:52 PM »

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/10929681/southampton-to-keep-virgil-van-dijk-and-cedric-soares-after-agreement-with-mauricio-pellegrino

VVD and Cedric to remain saints the board agreed with Pellegrino before he  took on the Job

PokerBroker

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 01, 2017, 04:17:29 AM »

6million not really that much in these days for transfers championship players are going for 7 figures

We got him for 2.5 million I think.  sold him for 12 million with the potential of another 6 million windfall.  And to be fair we have replaced him reasonably cheaply, I was sad when he left because I thought we could have got another year out of him, I was more disappointed when we lost Wanyama and Foster to be honest.

The important thing for me is  there will be players in Holland who watch VVD path who may not have got the big move to the EPL they initially hoped for who might see Celtic as a place to spend a few seasons, especially under the tutelage of Brendan Rogers who will think they can go and get that big move. 

So yes you are right players might move around from the championship for 7 figures but we got a decent player for a few years made a stinking profit and I hope more importantly we have highlighted that coming from Holland to the SPL isn't a bad move. 

Had Van Gaal and Hiddink not ben so ignorant of VVD's talents then perhaps the dutch team may also have done better in the 2014 world cup and perhaps qualification for Euro 2016.

Lastly, VVD always speaks highly of Celtic and his time with the club and I think that is another key thing for attracting young players from the lowlands to Scotland.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: