blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 04:17:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Saints and Sinners Southampton FC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saints and Sinners Southampton FC  (Read 143851 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 30, 2014, 07:54:22 PM »

what do you expect?

southampton, like my club, will always be a club that develops players and sell them on

virtually no prospect of breaking into the top 6-7 clubs, and came as close as you can to doing so last season, and if you have any success they will come knocking

no player is going to turn down champions league, top 6 etc

develop the next set of players, secure the future of the club, try and finish top half every year

can never get better than that under the current structure of british football

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 30, 2014, 08:23:49 PM »

its just heart breaking if we could keep producing players like those that have come out of the youth academy in recent seasons
and hold onto them we could break the glass ceiling problem is we will never have the fan base of a man u or even a spurs or everton
to keep these players its why i was so disappointed and putting out a reserve team in FA cup last season in our chance to win something

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 08:24:22 PM »

what do you expect?

southampton, like my club, will always be a club that develops players and sell them on

virtually no prospect of breaking into the top 6-7 clubs, and came as close as you can to doing so last season, and if you have any success they will come knocking

no player is going to turn down champions league, top 6 etc

develop the next set of players, secure the future of the club, try and finish top half every year

can never get better than that under the current structure of british football

Great post although it is laughable that it needs explaining that this is the model that almost every club outside the top 6 or 7 needs to adopt. There is no shame in being a selling club.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 30, 2014, 08:27:24 PM »

There is no shame in being a selling club.

easy to say when you support team that has fan base to win things

the joy aberdeen brought to 1000s of fans by picking up a minor trophey this year was unreal
and all fans should have the dream of winning things

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 30, 2014, 08:29:18 PM »

even Liverpool is a selling club

real madrid, barcelona, bayern and probably united, city, chelsea are the only non selling clubs

whilst the domestic TV deals and rewards for successful european football are what they are, there is a natural order of things

a club like southampton can't get into the top 4, and get the success that will keep the good young players

ward-prowse, chambers, gallagher, schneiderlin will be next

southampton are fortunate that there is a scarcity premium on young british talent (and european squads demand a quota of home-country players) that drives prices high and allows them to maximise value

as a mid ranking french, portugese, german club you don't even have that protection....

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 30, 2014, 08:30:10 PM »

that being said i like the look of the first 2 players koeman has lined up winger and striker combined fee of 18 million

problem saints will have is trying to fit 7 or 8 new faces into the team and getting them to gel

looks like spurs are in for Jay rodrigous now

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 30, 2014, 08:30:28 PM »

its just heart breaking if we could keep producing players like those that have come out of the youth academy in recent seasons
and hold onto them we could break the glass ceiling problem is we will never have the fan base of a man u or even a spurs or everton
to keep these players its why i was so disappointed and putting out a reserve team in FA cup last season in our chance to win something

i agree with your last point, that FA Cup team selection was a baffling one

teams like southampton should be trying to win cups, best chance they have of success

My eyes are open wide
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2014, 08:39:36 PM »

i agree with your last point, that FA Cup team selection was a baffling one

teams like southampton should be trying to win cups, best chance they have of success

guess i long for the days before the premier league and the ecl when any team could break out the pack and challenge
was it really that long ago that leeds and blackburn won titles

england always had that over all the other leagues in europe where teams always came out of the pack to challenge

every league in europe now has a cpl of dominating teams and we all know the title will be in the hands or 2 or 3 teams

spain with athletico was great this year someone coming and putting up a fight

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2014, 09:58:40 PM »

the joy aberdeen brought to 1000s of fans by picking up a minor trophey this year was unreal

You don't think we are a selling club? We've always been a selling club, it used to be to big clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal now it's to wee clubs like Southampton! We are trying to compete with teams in Europe in the same way Southampton and the like are in England but we understand that we need to bring through our own players, source rough diamonds and sell them on at a profit because we get virtually no domestic TV money.

You don't need to tell me about Aberdeen either there is no excuse for how bad they have been for the last 20 odd years. I was going to Celtic home and away when we didn't win a title for 9 years and didn't win a trophy for 5.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2014, 10:06:48 PM »

You don't think we are a selling club? We've always been a selling club, it used to be to big clubs like Man Utd, Liverpool and Arsenal now it's to wee clubs like Southampton! We are trying to compete with teams in Europe in the same way Southampton and the like are in England but we understand that we need to bring through our own players, source rough diamonds and sell them on at a profit because we get virtually no domestic TV money.

You don't need to tell me about Aberdeen either there is no excuse for how bad they have been for the last 20 odd years. I was going to Celtic home and away when we didn't win a title for 9 years and didn't win a trophy for 5.

although you cant compete with the euro giants you still get some glory thats all supporters from smaller teams want
not celebrating cause we came 8th in the league and having to start the following season minus 8 players

Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2014, 12:42:39 PM »

Lallana transfer confirmed by saints an hour ago undisclosed fee

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2014, 01:38:42 PM »

£23M

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2014, 01:46:54 PM »

£53M
fyp

Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 01, 2014, 03:28:49 PM »

Such an exciting summer for Saints, looking forward to seeing all the new faces.

Last season was the best ever in our history. Very successful, lots to shout about and one of the most enjoyable teams to watch in the league. We will replace players and go again.

Could be worse, just ask that rabble down the road. Looking forward to being at Anfield first day.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 01, 2014, 03:32:00 PM »

Such an exciting summer for Saints, looking forward to seeing all the new faces.

Last season was the best ever in our history. Very successful, lots to shout about and one of the most enjoyable teams to watch in the league. We will replace players and go again.

Could be worse, just ask that rabble down the road. Looking forward to being at Anfield first day.
without Hannibal lector playing and Liverpool choosing to add a lot of new players who will need to gel and the saints having to add new players could be a very exciting match

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: