blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 06:03:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Saints and Sinners Southampton FC
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 51 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Saints and Sinners Southampton FC  (Read 144530 times)
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2014, 06:51:29 PM »

obviously top 6 clubs are not going to be turned down by manager or players

but is there a financial imperative for this, now that Cortese has gone?

if not why would you sanction all nine going?

how much would it have cost to buy the whole club?

I believe that the club is unofficially for sale. Regardless of that, there is no financial need to sell everyone.

We offered Rodriguez an enhanced new deal last week. It just seems to have become impossible these days to keep players against their will. Or is just us not being firm enough? After all that has gone on, you can't blame him for wanting to leave. He has seen the complete break up of an entire team.

The idea of a contract is pointless. Almost everyone we have sold had 4+ years left. Chambers at £16million is crazy. Literally just punting on potential. You can't turn down that sort of money especially when the player wants out.

Long chat with my Dad on the phone today, life long season ticket holder. He sounded emotional talking about it all, it's time like this that really open your eyes to what football is really all about. You can bury your head in the sand when the odd one or two good'uns go each year but so many is brutal.

Also there has been ZERO honest communication from the club about what is going on. Bearing in mind season ticket renewal has just finished (>£750), it's insulting to all those that have shelled out their hard earned money.

Still think we will stay up mind you.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2014, 06:54:36 PM »

What are you thinking if your Fraser Forster? Pretty hard sell.

What is your reaction when Saints come knocking for your player as the selling club? We are now going to get fleeced for every player we are in for as everyone knows we need bodies.

It was a given in January that Lallana, Shaw and Lovren were very likely to go. Replacements should have been sorted in early Summer when our opportunity to negotiate was far stronger.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2014, 07:04:08 PM »

It's starting to look like an asset-stripping excercise to me, not dissimilar to what Portsmouth did after winning the cup.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2014, 08:37:01 PM »

according the the premier league squad details we have 14 players over 21  43 of them are goal keepers and only 4 are HG after we sold oll the brits
obviously if we keep schnderlin and rodregious we get an extra 2 HG players

which player in his right mind will be signing to join the squad untill a few more quailty players are added

and someone need to be the first

if fonte goes we will have 3 defenders in squad including U21 players suppose we could play a 3-5-2 will be interesting

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2014, 10:36:59 PM »

according the the premier league squad details we have 14 players over 21  43 of them are goal keepers and only 4 are HG after we sold oll the brits

which player in his right mind will be signing to join the squad untill a few more quailty players are added

if fonte goes we will have 3 defenders in squad including U21 players suppose we could play a 3-5-2 will be interesting

It sounds as though one or two of your GK's might have to go...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 28, 2014, 10:45:06 PM »

It sounds as though one or two of your GK's might have to go...

think thats the idea keep 3 of them and sell and loan out the other 40 could make us a mint

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2014, 08:09:32 AM »

For those that can, today's Times has a really interesting piece on what it calls the "pact" the senior players made before they all went off to the World Cup.

Many had been together at Southampton a goodly while, been part of the Club's steady rise, travelled & roomed together, da de da.

After the Executive changes, it suggests they made what amounted to a pact, that there be no recriminations or personal issues affecting their friendships, & respect, if any of them decided to move on.

The whole thing, this steady accumulation of good players, then the wholesale exodus, is a remarkable thing to watch from afar.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2014, 12:13:07 PM »

At least you've still got Wanyama
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2014, 01:28:13 PM »

Think that's only because he got injured.  I must admit to having a huge man crush on big Vic though.  Reminded me of a young Davie Hay. 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2014, 01:36:02 PM »

Southampton relegation now 11/2 best from 12/1 earlier.  Presumably it is pretty hard to get relegated with 100 million in your back pocket... Though it is easier to see if it remains there. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2014, 01:36:22 PM »

Think that's only because he got injured.  I must admit to having a huge man crush on big Vic though.  Reminded me of a young Davie Hay. 

He's like a young scotty2hatty.
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2014, 06:04:08 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28542225

Fantastic news. Clarity finally and line drawn in the sand.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2014, 06:39:33 PM »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28542225

Fantastic news. Clarity finally and line drawn in the sand.

Players both reportedly want to leave, the manager has said he doesn't want to keep anyone that doesn't want to stay and there's still a month to go before the window closes.

It reads to me like a case of a value disagreement. Might be that spurs offer someone on loan or a makeweight (Ryan Mason has impressed on tour, Nabil Bentaleb did a reasonable job last season, Harry Kane or Adebayor might well be surplus to requirements), a bit like they did with Hull last year. Spurs have a thousand midfielders.

I am pleased to see the chairman is looking to make decisions in the best interests of the club. You can't keep selling without replacing.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 29, 2014, 07:11:34 PM »

WOW

Morgan Schneiderlin ‏@SchneiderlinMo4 1m

6 years of an amazing journey #saintsfc DESTROYED in 1 hour !!!
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: July 29, 2014, 07:14:22 PM »

Toys well and truly out of the pram

Interesting to see if Chairman sticks by his word now.

Interview in full is here:-

https://audioboo.fm/boos/2359653-southampton-chairman-ralph-krueger-tells-bigadamsport-the-club-is-not-for-sale-and-neither-are-jay-rodriguez-morgan-schneiderlin

Certainly re-assuring.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 51 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: