blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:14:24 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Fat, sick, and nearly dead... 2 weeks in Downtown Las Vegas :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Fat, sick, and nearly dead... 2 weeks in Downtown Las Vegas :)  (Read 50437 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: June 25, 2017, 09:08:50 PM »

Where you been eating Marky?

Do you play table games?

Was talking to Matt about your trip over a Stein last week, couldn't work out whether 4 weeks is the stuff of dreams or just so long your guaranteed to wake up one morning to an empty safe!!

Usually have fruit or something with a coffee for breakfast, and then have a nice dinner.

Don't play tables at all, but  I did whack 400 through a the other day, and that's the most
I've gambled in years here.

Usually just drink loads, eat at nice restaurants, and play a few poker tournaments over the trip.

Only gone from 2 1/2 weeks to 4, because I stay for the UFC weekend now.

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #121 on: June 25, 2017, 10:16:37 PM »

VBOL

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 26, 2017, 01:01:43 AM »

That's poker done for another year... back to vodka and steaks.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 26, 2017, 03:38:10 PM »

Disappointing lack of degeneracy on here these days.

You gone completely off the poker then Marky?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 26, 2017, 03:46:27 PM »

Do you play table games?

Was talking to Matt about your trip over a Stein last week, couldn't work out whether 4 weeks is the stuff of dreams or just so long your guaranteed to wake up one morning to an empty safe!!

Usually have fruit or something with a coffee for breakfast, and then have a nice dinner.

Don't play tables at all, but  I did whack 400 through a the other day, and that's the most

Usually just drink loads, eat at nice restaurants, and play a few poker tournaments over the trip.

Afternoon vodkas on an empty stomach!?

Favourite restaurant downtown and on the strip?

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 26, 2017, 07:17:58 PM »

Do you play table games?

You're a lightweight Hopkin.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 26, 2017, 11:13:33 PM »

VBOL

Cheers, boo Smiley

I'll need it now the proper drinking starts!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 26, 2017, 11:17:05 PM »

Disappointing lack of degeneracy on here these days.

You gone completely off the poker then Marky?

I've never really been degen, other than some stripclub exploits in my 20s.

Not off it, but I don't play more than once a month at home, and don't travel to play live either.

I'm probably just about profitable in a WSOP comp like that, but reading the stuff Pleno posts just makes my head asplode Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 26, 2017, 11:24:39 PM »

Do you play table games?

MS has turned my bladder into a 70yo man's, and I can't drink beer anymore. Nice citrus/raspberry vodka and soda water does the trick.

Andiamo or Vic & Anthony's would be my favourite steakhouses down here, and Le Thai is my favourite little boutique type spot.

Sushi Samba @ Palazzo is a fave, but I'd probabyl say CUT, which is also at Palazzo

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2017, 09:51:12 PM »

Drinking is going up a notch now, which has seen 6am & 4am finishes over the last two nights.

Feeling quite fresh today, but have picked up a bit of a cold, so not going to do anything too strenuous like poker, and will just stick with drinking.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2017, 11:37:17 PM »

Drinking is going up a notch now, which has seen 6am & 4am finishes over the last two nights.

Feeling quite fresh today, but have picked up a bit of a cold, so not going to do anything too strenuous like poker, and will just stick with drinking.

Smiley

booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #131 on: June 29, 2017, 09:41:02 AM »

Feeling quite fresh today, but have picked up a bit of a cold,

Would that be due to the air-con Marky ?

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 29, 2017, 05:33:38 PM »

This is more like what we were expecting
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 29, 2017, 10:19:29 PM »

Feeling quite fresh today, but have picked up a bit of a cold,

Would that be due to the air-con Marky ?

Most likely, I think.

Not feeling like sitting around a poker table all day at the moment, so will likely skip the Nugget main, and probably play the WSOP sat @ Binions next week.

This is more like what we were expecting

Glad I haven't disappointed Cheesy

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 29, 2017, 10:23:16 PM »

Friend of mine from Arizona is leaving today, so took him for dinner last night.

After the meal, I tried dragging him to the bar, but he wanted an early night before driving home, and I scooted on down there solo.

The other lads staying here all cropped up pretty soon, and 3 of us ended up drinking until ~3. Much later than they wanted to, as they were off kayaking at 9am...

Group whatsapp from this morning was an amusing read, seeing them all try to make sure they were on time for the pickup Grin

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: