blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 02:40:50 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272573 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 103960 times)
Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 18, 2016, 02:32:56 PM »

Shawcross breaks Ramsey's leg in a particularly ill-tempered match at the wonderful world of wind a few years ago

Ramsey, passions inflamed by a war of words from Wenger and Pulis after the game, refused to make up with Shawcross while lie-ing in his hospital bed

to this day when Arsenal visit the windy place Ramsey gets dogs abuse

completely OTT

isn't this particularly thick, by the stoke fans? what has Ramsey done wrong?

what do they also boo Monreal?

Maybe not accepting that Ryan didn't do it on purpose?  Ever since he has been a total pro and never once looked like deliberately injuring an opponent.  I want to know why the issue is constantly brought up by the media every time Arsenal arrive at the Brit and never leave with 3 points.

+1. If Wenger wouldn't have made the comments also I doubt this would be half the issue it still seems to be today.

+2

I was at that game when the accidental break happened. Shawcross has been more or a pro prior and since this incident than Ramsey will ever be. Arsenal fans, media, and their manager 'stir' it all the time when playing Stoke now. The Stoke fans just giving some back. Old school banter maybe, but not in the top 100 of abusive songs I have heard at matches in my time by all kinds of different fans or clubs.

I think it's beyond banter but still understand that fans want to do something to get back at the shitty way it was dealt with. I was also at the match, I was in row 7 directly by where it happened. I can assure you no single stoke fan had any malice towards Ramsey or an individual player that day- it's the afters which catalysed the reaction.

Totally agree. I was in the Family Stand and me and my lad heard the break. No malice was intended and I didnt even think this was a 'ill tempered' game either. Shawcross in tears going off the pitch but still being persecuted by a few for it. Those that know, know. Those that think they know, comment.

Life has no rebuy options
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 18, 2016, 03:07:39 PM »

Stoke fans in low IQ shocker.

The football might have improved under Hughes (lets be honest, it couldn't have got much worse under Tony 'club shop' Pulis), but the fans remain the same. Continually boo a player who had his leg shattered at your gaff? Ok.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 18, 2016, 03:13:19 PM »

The football might have improved under Hughes (lets be honest, it couldn't have got much worse under Tony 'club shop' Pulis), but the fans remain the same. Continually boo a player who had his leg shattered at your gaff? Ok.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  Hardly think stoke fans are the only football fans with IQ issues with the greatest of respect.  It was meant tounge in cheek.  The football has improved because we have spent substantially more money on wages/fees.  Nothing to do with hughes.  If Pulis was still there and the club was as financially secure now as it was when TP was in charge with EPL status virtually gtd now for the long term the football would have been different as well.  All about money spent the quality of football.  Nothing to do with the managers.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 18, 2016, 03:16:45 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  Hardly think stoke fans are the only football fans with IQ issues with the greatest of respect.  It was meant tounge in cheek.  The football has improved because we have spent substantially more money on wages/fees.  Nothing to do with hughes.  If Pulis was still there and the club was as financially secure now as it was when TP was in charge with EPL status virtually gtd now for the long term the football would have been different as well.  All about money spent the quality of football.  Nothing to do with the managers.

Ah, so you're trying to buy success? Shame on you.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 18, 2016, 03:18:05 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  Hardly think stoke fans are the only football fans with IQ issues with the greatest of respect.  It was meant tounge in cheek.  The football has improved because we have spent substantially more money on wages/fees.  Nothing to do with hughes.  If Pulis was still there and the club was as financially secure now as it was when TP was in charge with EPL status virtually gtd now for the long term the football would have been different as well.  All about money spent the quality of football.  Nothing to do with the managers.

Every club that wins stuff buys success.  It is the biggest myth in football.  There is virtually a direct correlation between wage bill and success across huge sample sizes in the EPL with very few exceptions in over 20 years.  Read Kevin Pullien (RP writer) about it.  Virtually fool proof.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:19:54 PM by arbboy » Logged
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 18, 2016, 03:19:36 PM »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz  Hardly think stoke fans are the only football fans with IQ issues with the greatest of respect.  It was meant tounge in cheek.  The football has improved because we have spent substantially more money on wages/fees.  Nothing to do with hughes.  If Pulis was still there and the club was as financially secure now as it was when TP was in charge with EPL status virtually gtd now for the long term the football would have been different as well.  All about money spent the quality of football.  Nothing to do with the managers.

Every club that wins stuff buys success.  It is the biggest myth in football.  There is virtually a direct correlation between wage bill and success across huge sample sizes in the EPL.  Read Kevin Pullien (RP writer) about it.  Virtually fool proof.

Was tongue in cheek Wink

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 18, 2016, 03:25:01 PM »

Just a typical uneducated comment about the TP reign from people who forget days when Stoke played quality sides off the park with outstanding football when it suited their game plan on the day on a fraction of their current wage budget.  No different to what they are doing now.  The Pennant/Etherington/Crouch days had some incredible high quality football played at times.  It just so happened we could destroy teams the other way as well because of brute force they didn't possess.  TP was all about playing the best possible game plan to beat the opponents any way it took to preserve our EPL status.  Many clubs could learn a lot about the TP era from Stoke who are currently busto/in the championship spending fortunes trying to escape to the promised land of where they think they belong.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:30:52 PM by arbboy » Logged
muckthenuts

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 18, 2016, 03:25:10 PM »

Meh football fans love a rivalry. Even from an Arsenal perspective I don't really care that Stoke don't seem to 'like' us or Ramsey. Just gives the fans a method of getting involved that's all. A lot of rivalries start over something silly like this, nothing logical just a bit of fun (for want of a better word).  

Quite impressed when I saw that out of Man U, Chelsea, Man C and Arsenal only Arsenal have come away with anything at all at the Brittania this year. Stoke sure have figured out how to get the job done vs the top passing teams in the league.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 18, 2016, 03:32:00 PM »

Meh football fans love a rivalry. Even from an Arsenal perspective I don't really care that Stoke don't seem to 'like' us or Ramsey. Just gives the fans a method of getting involved that's all. A lot of rivalries start over something silly like this, nothing logical just a bit of fun (for want of a better word).  

Quite impressed when I saw that out of Man U, Chelsea, Man C and Arsenal only Arsenal have come away with anything at all at the Brittania this year. Stoke sure have figured out how to get the job done vs the top passing teams in the league.

Laying teams at 6/4 or shorter (ie the big 4/5/6 whatever they are called nowadays) playing Stoke away in the last 8 years has been a serious licence to print.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 18, 2016, 03:36:02 PM »

Every club that wins stuff buys success.  It is the biggest myth in football.  There is virtually a direct correlation between wage bill and success across huge sample sizes in the EPL with very few exceptions in over 20 years.  Read Kevin Pullien (RP writer) about it.  Virtually fool proof.

Hold on - what about plucky little Bournemouth.  I've had it rammed down me in the media for 18 months that they are a quaint rags to riches feel good story.  Their £18 million + whatever Iturbe costs in this window should be ignored!
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 18, 2016, 03:37:12 PM »

Shawcross has form. He went through back of Frannie Jeffers when he played for Wednesday and left him out of the game for months.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2016, 03:39:17 PM by RickBFA » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 18, 2016, 04:10:50 PM »

Hold on - what about plucky little Bournemouth.  I've had it rammed down me in the media for 18 months that they are a quaint rags to riches feel good story.  Their £18 million + whatever Iturbe costs in this window should be ignored!

Who also had a quiet russian backer funding their huge wage bill in the championship last year quietly as well
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 18, 2016, 07:25:23 PM »

I always had a pretty low opinion about those "fans" who boo Ramsey for having the temerity to have had his leg snapped in two and genuinely having his whole career put in jeopardy, but the latest "he walks with a limp" chant is right down there with the lowest imo.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 18, 2016, 07:44:53 PM »

Quite funny really, had to ask my son why they were booing Ramsey - can happily say I'm an Arsenal fan who doesn't give a second's thought to what happened 6 years ago and less than that to the irrelevant Stoke in general.

I was quite a fan of Nzonzi though

sola virtus nobilitat
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 18, 2016, 08:26:09 PM »

I always had a pretty low opinion about those "fans" who boo Ramsey for having the temerity to have had his leg snapped in two and genuinely having his whole career put in jeopardy, but the latest "he walks with a limp" chant is right down there with the lowest imo.

Agreed. 
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: