blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 07:36:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Stoke City FC
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 31 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stoke City FC  (Read 102173 times)
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: August 12, 2017, 04:16:27 PM »

Conte likely to recall Zouma now after Cahills suspension. Oh dear.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 15, 2017, 11:23:27 AM »

Stoke potentially could have more champions league winning players in their squad than anyone else in the EPL if they sign Jese.  No quality in the squad though!
PathFinder

@AWI_POKER

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 15, 2017, 12:27:01 PM »

Stoke potentially could have more champions league winning players in their squad than anyone else in the EPL if they sign Jese.  No quality in the squad though!

Darren Fletcher - unused sub in CL Final
Bojan - unused sub in both CL Finals
Shaqiri - unused sub in CL final
Afellay - Came on in the 92nd minute of CL Final
Jese - Unused sub in CL Final

#Quality
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 15, 2017, 01:11:57 PM »

Are Stoke fans the new Newcastle fans? #deluded

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 15, 2017, 01:14:53 PM »

Are Stoke fans the new Newcastle fans? #deluded

Fancy a friendly season long match bet?  Stoke v Newcastle?  

Nothing deluded about Stoke fans.  We know we are a middle table EPL side with cash rich self made local owners (who are lifelong fans) who govern the club for the long term.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2017, 01:24:32 PM by arbboy » Logged
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: August 15, 2017, 10:37:36 PM »

Apparently Stoke are paying Chelsea £8m for the season long Zouma loan.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 16, 2017, 12:04:00 PM »

With wages or with wages on top?  With wages that would seem a reasonable one year rental price wise to me given his quality.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 16, 2017, 08:51:41 PM »

With wages or with wages on top?  With wages that would seem a reasonable one year rental price wise to me given his quality.

I don't know. I'd guess wages are paid by Stoke but maybe that's included in the £8m. What would he be on, £40K, so £2m/year? So Stoke are paying £8m or maybe £10m total?
Bayern are paying Real Madrid €5m/year loan fee for James Rodriguez. Do you think that's a reasonable rental price? Smiley
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 16, 2017, 09:59:08 PM »

I don't know. I'd guess wages are paid by Stoke but maybe that's included in the £8m. What would he be on, £40K, so £2m/year? So Stoke are paying £8m or maybe £10m total?
Bayern are paying Real Madrid €5m/year loan fee for James Rodriguez. Do you think that's a reasonable rental price? Smiley

West Ham paid £4.5m to take Hart on loan for the season, but City are subsidising his wages so in realty we only get about £2m.

If that Zouma figure is correct, I'm pretty sure that includes his wages too.

Best Bitter.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 16, 2017, 10:02:46 PM »

West Ham paid £4.5m to take Hart on loan for the season, but City are subsidising his wages so in realty we only get about £2m.

He will be on more than £40k a week as well at Chelski surely?  So if he is on £70k a week and Stoke are paying it all then his 'rental' is £4.5m for the season providing your figures are correct.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 16, 2017, 10:56:45 PM »

He will be on more than £40k a week as well at Chelski surely?  So if he is on £70k a week and Stoke are paying it all then his 'rental' is £4.5m for the season providing your figures are correct.

You think Kurt Zouma is on £70K a week? A bit of googling suggested to me it was £40K but it seems he's just signed a new 6 year deal so probably higher than that. 70K seems a bit steep though.
But okay, let's go with that. So the rental fee is about the same as Bayern are paying for James then? Smiley
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 16, 2017, 11:12:19 PM »

You think Kurt Zouma is on £70K a week? A bit of googling suggested to me it was £40K but it seems he's just signed a new 6 year deal so probably higher than that. 70K seems a bit steep though.
But okay, let's go with that. So the rental fee is about the same as Bayern are paying for James then? Smiley

He will be on £200k a week though.  You have to tell the whole story.  How much of that salary are BM paying that RM don't have to? 
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 16, 2017, 11:22:49 PM »

He will be on £200k a week though.  You have to tell the whole story.  How much of that salary are BM paying that RM don't have to? 

But wait!
You're saying the £8m fee Stoke are paying must cover Zoumas wages but the fee Bayern pays doesn't? Okay.
But even still, you are the one who decided to discount Zoumas (inflated imo) wages from the loan to arrive at a rental figure of £4.5m. Which, accounting for currency rates, is the same fee Bayern are paying Real for James.
Are you having your cake and eating it too? Smiley
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 16, 2017, 11:27:08 PM »

With wages or with wages on top?  With wages that would seem a reasonable one year rental price wise to me given his quality.

He will be on more than £40k a week as well at Chelski surely?  So if he is on £70k a week and Stoke are paying it all then his 'rental' is £4.5m for the season providing your figures are correct.

He will be on £200k a week though.  You have to tell the whole story.  How much of that salary are BM paying that RM don't have to?  

But wait!
You're saying the £8m fee Stoke are paying must cover Zoumas wages but the fee Bayern pays doesn't? Okay.
But even still, you are the one who decided to discount Zoumas (inflated imo) wages from the loan to arrive at a rental figure of £4.5m. Which, accounting for currency rates, is the same fee Bayern are paying Real for James.
Each loan deal is totally different and unique.  I have no idea on the figures.  Other people have plucked these figures from wherever.  The BM deal might be £5m a year plus BM have to pay his wages in full therefore costing probably £15m in total for a one year rental.  I have no idea what the deal is.  Neither do you i would suggest.  Zouma on £70k a week isn't expensive for a centre half of his quality in 2017.  Shawcross is on similar to that and he signed his deal years ago for Stoke.  How many proper first team squad members (that haven't come through the ranks) are on less than £50k a week at Chelski?  They have youth team guys locked up on monster salaries who have never played for the first team.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 11:31:15 PM by arbboy » Logged
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 17, 2017, 12:16:44 AM »

With wages or with wages on top?  With wages that would seem a reasonable one year rental price wise to me given his quality.

He will be on more than £40k a week as well at Chelski surely?  So if he is on £70k a week and Stoke are paying it all then his 'rental' is £4.5m for the season providing your figures are correct.

He will be on £200k a week though.  You have to tell the whole story.  How much of that salary are BM paying that RM don't have to?  

But wait!
Each loan deal is totally different and unique.  I have no idea on the figures.  Other people have plucked these figures from wherever.  The BM deal might be £5m a year plus BM have to pay his wages in full therefore costing probably £15m in total for a one year rental.  I have no idea what the deal is.  Neither do you i would suggest.  Zouma on £70k a week isn't expensive for a centre half of his quality in 2017.  Shawcross is on similar to that and he signed his deal years ago for Stoke.  How many proper first team squad members (that haven't come through the ranks) are on less than £50k a week at Chelski?  They have youth team guys locked up on monster salaries who have never played for the first team.

Well the Spanish paper Marca say that James earns €8m/year, rising to €8.2m next year. If correct and we take your stance that Bayern will pay the entirity of his wages and Zouma's wages are covered by the loan fee, then we arrive at;
James Rodriguez €13m = £11.9m/year.
Kurt Zouma = £8m/year.
That's the best case scenario.
If Stoke have to pay some of Zouma's wages on top and/or Real are subsidising James, then maybe Zouma is actually more expensive than James!
No wonder WBA baulked at the £8m fee and left him to the smaller club, Stoke Smiley

Joking aside, I like Zouma but I don't think he's the finished article yet, hence why he's out on loan rather than in the desperately short of numbers Chelsea squad.
That's an expensive deal for Stoke, no matter what way you slice it, they are paying £160k/week for someone with potential with no asset at the end of it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:25:26 AM by TheDazzler » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 31 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: