blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:40:39 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272623 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2014-15 NFL Discussion thread
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 42 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2014-15 NFL Discussion thread  (Read 75559 times)
icles test

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 05, 2014, 10:35:14 PM »

Did antonio Gates get first TD, SD vs NYJ?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 05, 2014, 11:22:54 PM »

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/gamecast?gameId=400554275
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 13, 2014, 01:21:18 PM »

it's been a while since we've been good

Grin Cheesy

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 13, 2014, 08:03:05 PM »

Have to admire how Dallas have controlled games this season both finally playing to their strengths and using their O as a way of helping their D. Ten points down and giving away two turnovers in a scoring position is incredibly difficult to get away with in Seattle yet they were superb. Seattle seem to have lost their way a little, I think they had 9 first downs in the entire game, Doug Baldwins interview is pretty revealing if you get a chance to read it.

I thought I saw the halftime numbers for time of possession were summat like 24 minutes Dallas and 6 Seattle which I'm not sure are correct. if they are it's the second loss Seattle have had this year where their oppo has set out to reduce their TOP to restrict them and took them away from what they want to do.

Looks like the MO to beat Seattle going forward is to to play ball control and if you don't score then at least kick it deep and try to get them into spots where they have to get Wilson passing to Baldwin Kearse or Luke Wilson and not running it with either Wilson or Lynch. Harvin looked lost yesterday, think they would be better off forgetting all the gadget plays and running touches he has and get him running more regular passing routes.  He looked more of a threat going downfield last Monday than he did getting it short yesterday, might help the run game too if they can send him downfield more but it feels unfair to say Seattle played badly instead of giving Dallas a load of credit.

Good to see they have finally worked out the best way to use Romo Rich :-).

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 14, 2014, 09:45:55 AM »

only three years after it was obvious! run the ball, take the game out of his hands and let him be a "game manager"

hey presto, fewer interceptions and keep the defense off the field

the test will of course be if we make the play offs to see if the mistakes of the past repeat themselves.

Until then it is nice to see the "choke" narrative changed for a bit

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 14, 2014, 10:00:44 AM »

only three years after it was obvious! run the ball, take the game out of his hands and let him be a "game manager"

the test will of course be if we make the play offs to see if the mistakes of the past repeat themselves.

What will the line be for the London game, do you reckon?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 14, 2014, 10:35:41 AM »

7 points on a neutral field?

My eyes are open wide
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 14, 2014, 10:53:47 AM »

Is there a point where Jax get a small edge from their experience of playing in London?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 14, 2014, 10:58:46 AM »

Is there a point where Jax get a small edge from their experience of playing in London?

not that i can see. wembley crowd not exactly a 12th man is it?

travel these days is not a concern for any team, no different from going from oakland to play in NY next week for example

My eyes are open wide
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 14, 2014, 06:30:17 PM »

Good to see him in that role and it should help to keep him fit too, that tackle he took on Sunday looked bang out of order and was worried he was hurt again.

I see Doug Free is out for a month which looks a bit of a blow but I love to see teams execute really good game plans. Do you think the secondary is just benefitting from the O doing such a good job in protecting them or can they hold up against strong passing teams?

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 14, 2014, 06:38:25 PM »

It's playing far better than anyone expected.

Part of it is not being on the field as much. The winning formula (which saw three OL picks drafted in the first round in a row, and a real focus on building up front) sees Dallas leading the NFL in rushing offense and 3rd-down conversions. Defense averages fewest snaps taken in the league. A huge help!

Part of it is that they have done a tremendous job of recruiting affordable talent on defense, and the trade to acquire Rolando McClain was a big hit

i have my doubts still about the defense against the good offensive teams, but those good offensive teams are not going to have the time of possession they used to have against us.

Assuming they draft defense heavy next year, and hit on the picks, i think they could superbowl favourites this time next year (assuming they get dez and murray on board again, both in final year of contracts)

the fun thing this year is that at least three of the following are not going to make the play offs

49ers, Cards, Seahawks

Eagles, Cowboys

Green Bay, Chicago, Detroit

the NFC continues to be much stronger than the AFC

My eyes are open wide
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 16, 2014, 04:52:31 PM »

A shiver went down my spine this week Marky with Brandon Bolden becoming relevant again. Same shiver I had the  last couple of weeks when Andre Holmes went off again after he caught 7 for 130 odd but no TD the week we were on him in the TD markets last year too.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 17, 2014, 11:08:38 PM »

Seattle trades Percy Harvin to the Jets?!?!?

That is the strangest move I've seen in a while.

Why would the Jets give up drafts picks when this season is a bust already?

Why would Seattle give up their one legitimate weapon at WR?

Walters, Baldwin and Kearse aren't going to scare anyone.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 17, 2014, 11:11:48 PM »

Odd. Jets are $21m under the cap. Great chance to use that in free agency next year, and a high draft pick to turn things round. Harvin is paid $13m a year contracted through 2018 so that's most the cap space gone. Seattle I understand more, if he is a royal pain in the arse in the locker-room as is said he is and it gets that underperforming $13m off the cap
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:13:46 PM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 17, 2014, 11:18:58 PM »

Odd. Jets are $21m under the cap. Great chance to use that in free agency next year, and a high draft pick to turn things round. Harvin is paid $13m a year contracted through 2018 so that's most the cap space gone. Seattle I understand more, if he is a royal pain in the arse in the locker-room as is said he is and it gets that underperforming $13m off the cap

They are going to need some serious cap space to get the QB sorted once he is off his rookie min contract and maybe they thought picking up some draft pics as well was a good deal longer term?  Does seem odd given they got the ability to really challenge short term though.  Most teams would die for their current position with their main QB on a tiny salary.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 42 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: