blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:10:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 254592 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1905 on: May 09, 2015, 06:06:06 PM »

Con to UKIP fine.

BNP to UKIP apt.

Why would Conservative to UKIP be fine and BNP to UKIP be apt, but Labout to UKIP not make sense?  You do realise that BNP never affected Conservative areas, and they gained their votes from disillusioned traditional working class Labour areas?

there is an (unwelcome) very right wing element that don't like immigration at current levels

there is a older working class segment of society, typically labour voters but not all, that doesn't like multi-culturalism. affected by globalisation and movement of labour, often more marginalised in society compared to decades ago

UKIP draws support from both, right and left 

11% of lib dems switching to UKIP is far more baffling than older labour voters doing so, imo

Working class people who are anti immigration or racist will have voted BNP last time.

That's why they did so well in some inner city areas.

BNP got 564,000 votes in 2010

UKIP 919,000

In 2015 UKIP got over 4m

there is clearly a segment of society that UKIP appeals to, (and not all of it is going to be about race) and a big slug of that is from Labour voters..far more than just BNP voters last time

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: May 09, 2015, 06:06:27 PM »

It won't matter if the SNP MPs perform badly.

They will just claim it was a Tory conspiracy and bullying and it further proves that they need independence, rather than admit that they simply don't have the knowledge and experience to be effective in House of Commons.

Kind of like during the referendum; everything positive about Scotland is due to MSPs and everything bad about Scotland was down to MPs.

Scotland lost many great MPs on Friday but the nationalist agenda will never begin to admit that.

That is very blinkered and has no basis whatsoever. 

Althought I'd be interested in knowing who these many great MP's were  we lost?

Danny Alexander, Charles Kennedy, Jim Murphy

Of course you will disagree, but Jim Murphy especially came across really well.

Danny Alexander was probably vital in limiting some of the previous coalition cuts but his work was discounted on blind nationalist voting.

I was reading this earlier.  The top one made me sad.  How hard she would have had to have work to get where she was for it to be taken away by flag waving politics.  Someone who disabled people needed in the House of Commons but now her insight will be lost.  Tragic

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2015-scotland-32587631

vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: May 09, 2015, 06:07:55 PM »

Con to UKIP fine.

BNP to UKIP apt.

Why would Conservative to UKIP be fine and BNP to UKIP be apt, but Labout to UKIP not make sense?  You do realise that BNP never affected Conservative areas, and they gained their votes from disillusioned traditional working class Labour areas?

there is an (unwelcome) very right wing element that don't like immigration at current levels

there is a older working class segment of society, typically labour voters but not all, that doesn't like multi-culturalism. affected by globalisation and movement of labour, often more marginalised in society compared to decades ago

11% of lib dems switching to UKIP is far more baffling than older labour voters doing so, imo

IMO Lib dem to UKIP is an easy one.
Most Lib dem votes are usually those seeking the alternative to the big 2. All those that voted Lib dem last time, partly on the back of how well Clegg came across pre election in 2010, got screwed when Lib dems jumped into bed with the Cons.
This time that vote went to UKIP
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: May 09, 2015, 06:10:48 PM »

Kmac.  Not looking for a ruck here.  Genuine question.  Of the 50 odd new SNP MP's how many of them have any real experience of what the job of being a mp entails/they have their own jobs and careers currently etc?  I have no idea i am honestly interested that putting 50 people into a new job all at the same time for the same party which itself has very little experience has to be relatively high risk for Scotland? No?

Losing numerous big senior MP's/cabinet/shadow cabinet members all at the same time who have huge combined experience has to be high risk for Scotland even if you personally think it is great?  No business would suddenly just ship out the entire management team with tens of years of experience betwen them and bring in 50 rookies with no previous experience and say 'kick on lads all the best of British' which is effectively what has happened after all the hype has died down post election.

Does Nicola run an induction day for her new team like a business would who have suddenly recruited 50 new senior members of staff with very little experience around them?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 06:34:38 PM by arbboy » Logged
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: May 09, 2015, 06:18:51 PM »

They will just claim it was a Tory conspiracy and bullying and it further proves that they need independence, rather than admit that they simply don't have the knowledge and experience to be effective in House of Commons.

Kind of like during the referendum; everything positive about Scotland is due to MSPs and everything bad about Scotland was down to MPs.

Scotland lost many great MPs on Friday but the nationalist agenda will never begin to admit that.

Danny Alexander was probably vital in limiting some of the previous coalition cuts but his work was discounted on blind nationalist voting.

I was reading this earlier.  The top one made me sad.  How hard she would have had to have work to get where she was for it to be taken away by flag waving politics.  Someone who disabled people needed in the House of Commons but now her insight will be lost.  Tragic

This is a very good point.

Not so sure about Jim Murphy, but replace him with Douglas Alexander and add Jo Swinson who was a star in the making.

That's a lot of very experienced and hard working MPs who've been slain and replaced by people who don't want to be there.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: May 09, 2015, 06:20:01 PM »

Kmac.  Not looking for a ruck here.  Genuine question.  Of the 50 odd new SNP MP's how many of them have any real experience of what the job of being a mp entails/they have their own jobs and careers currently etc?  I have no idea i am honestly interested that putting 50 people into a new job all at the same time for the same party which itself has very little experience has to be relatively high risk for Scotland? No?

Losing numerous big senior MP's/cabinet/shadow cabinet members all at the same time has to be high risk for Scotland even if you personally think it is great?

Good points.

Who will be Minister for Scotland?

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: May 09, 2015, 06:26:29 PM »

Kmac.  Not looking for a ruck here.  Genuine question.  Of the 50 odd new SNP MP's how many of them have any real experience of what the job of being a mp entails/they have their own jobs and careers currently etc?  I have no idea i am honestly interested that putting 50 people into a new job all at the same time for the same party which itself has very little experience has to be relatively high risk for Scotland? No?

Losing numerous big senior MP's/cabinet/shadow cabinet members all at the same time has to be high risk for Scotland even if you personally think it is great?

Good points.

Michael Gove, hopefully, just so we can watch

(joke)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: May 09, 2015, 06:29:59 PM »

Kmac.  Not looking for a ruck here.  Genuine question.  Of the 50 odd new SNP MP's how many of them have any real experience of what the job of being a mp entails/they have their own jobs and careers currently etc?  I have no idea i am honestly interested that putting 50 people into a new job all at the same time for the same party which itself has very little experience has to be relatively high risk for Scotland? No?

Good points.

Michael Gove, hopefully, just so we can watch

(joke)

David Mundell has already ordered a new car and booked a holiday in Lanzarote in the expectation of a promotion and commensurate pay rise.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: May 09, 2015, 06:33:39 PM »

Hopefully whoever gets the job it'll just be a stop gap for a year for Boris to take over once he has to stop being Mayor
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: May 09, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »

Idea: the almost one party statism of Scotland requires an immediate reconsideration of the West Lothian question.

If it is the case that 'vote labour, get SNP' really did scare Middle England shitless, then it's even arguable there's a direct mandate for dealing with it?

Of course if Scotland is moving towards FFA, then the question looms larger again, I think.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: May 09, 2015, 06:39:46 PM »

Idea: the almost one party statism of Scotland requires an immediate reconsideration of the West Lothian question.

If it is the case that 'vote labour, get SNP' really did scare Middle England shitless, then it's even arguable there's a direct mandate for dealing with it?

Of course if Scotland is moving towards FFA, then the question looms larger again, I think.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: May 09, 2015, 06:51:48 PM »

Charles Kennedy the only one I would give you.   He was reasonable and able.   

Jim Murphy is an asolute clown.   He's a bully.  Pro-Apartheid, Friend of Israel, never had a job apart from the Labour Party and spent 9 year at University and failed to get a degree. 

Begg I have no time for at all, she was happy to campaign alongside the NF in the referendum. 
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: May 09, 2015, 07:01:38 PM »

David Lammy is first out of the blocks for Labour leader.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/32671418

Unlikely to get it, I'd have thought.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: May 09, 2015, 07:08:41 PM »

Con to UKIP fine.

BNP to UKIP apt.

IMO Lib dem to UKIP is an easy one.
Most Lib dem votes are usually those seeking the alternative to the big 2. All those that voted Lib dem last time, partly on the back of how well Clegg came across pre election in 2010, got screwed when Lib dems jumped into bed with the Cons.
This time that vote went to UKIP

It's all vey easy indeed. All people need to do is stop auto linking the idea that people who want tighter immigration = racist (yes there are a some of course), Some people don't seem to be able to stop automatically making that assumption, if they can't then they will always be baffled.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: May 09, 2015, 07:10:57 PM »

Losing numerous big senior MP's/cabinet/shadow cabinet members all at the same time who have huge combined experience has to be high risk for Scotland even if you personally think it is great?  No business would suddenly just ship out the entire management team with tens of years of experience betwen them and bring in 50 rookies with no previous experience and say 'kick on lads all the best of British' which is effectively what has happened after all the hype has died down post election.

Does Nicola run an induction day for her new team like a business would who have suddenly recruited 50 new senior members of staff with very little experience around them?

I don't know all of them, and FWIW I don't think the one party state is such a great idea.  

The ones I do know of have experience in other walks of life that I am sure will be invaluable, part of the problem I have with the Westminister system is the way folk get there with very little experience.   There aren't that many that are deserving of the job or have the real life experience to govern imo.  

I look at Labour just now and I ask myself who steps forward to lead that party, and I asked myself the same thing since Brown went, obviously he turned out to be a pretty ineffective PM but he had leadership qualities.  When Ed got the gig I was pretty confident Tories would be in power for a considerable time.  

There is quite a few who I am aware of who I would say are talented individuals.  There are a few who I think are arseholes and I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them.  

It will be interesting, and hopefully refreshing.  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: