blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:07:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 254641 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1920 on: May 09, 2015, 07:11:53 PM »

Kmac.  Not looking for a ruck here.  Genuine question.  Of the 50 odd new SNP MP's how many of them have any real experience of what the job of being a mp entails/they have their own jobs and careers currently etc?  I have no idea i am honestly interested that putting 50 people into a new job all at the same time for the same party which itself has very little experience has to be relatively high risk for Scotland? No?

Losing numerous big senior MP's/cabinet/shadow cabinet members all at the same time has to be high risk for Scotland even if you personally think it is great?

Good points.

Who will be Minister for Scotland?

Michael Gove, hopefully, just so we can watch

(joke)

I'd welcome that, it would be a sure fire way to expedite independence. 
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: May 09, 2015, 07:13:59 PM »

Con to UKIP fine.

BNP to UKIP apt.

Why would Conservative to UKIP be fine and BNP to UKIP be apt, but Labout to UKIP not make sense?  You do realise that BNP never affected Conservative areas, and they gained their votes from disillusioned traditional working class Labour areas?

there is an (unwelcome) very right wing element that don't like immigration at current levels

there is a older working class segment of society, typically labour voters but not all, that doesn't like multi-culturalism. affected by globalisation and movement of labour, often more marginalised in society compared to decades ago

UKIP draws support from both, right and left 

11% of lib dems switching to UKIP is far more baffling than older labour voters doing so, imo

IMO Lib dem to UKIP is an easy one.
Most Lib dem votes are usually those seeking the alternative to the big 2. All those that voted Lib dem last time, partly on the back of how well Clegg came across pre election in 2010, got screwed when Lib dems jumped into bed with the Cons.
This time that vote went to UKIP

It's all vey easy indeed. All people need to do is stop auto linking the idea that people who want tighter immigration = racist (yes there are a some of course), Some people don't seem to be able to stop automatically making that assumption, if they can't then they will always be baffled.

http://leftfootforward.org/2015/02/is-ukip-a-racist-party-these-15-comments-would-suggest-so/

These are comments of people who have risen to positions of candidates, MEPs or councillors.

I wouldn't like to read the Twitter feed of the average UKIP voter.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: May 09, 2015, 07:14:53 PM »

Con to UKIP fine.

BNP to UKIP apt.

Why would Conservative to UKIP be fine and BNP to UKIP be apt, but Labout to UKIP not make sense?  You do realise that BNP never affected Conservative areas, and they gained their votes from disillusioned traditional working class Labour areas?

there is an (unwelcome) very right wing element that don't like immigration at current levels

there is a older working class segment of society, typically labour voters but not all, that doesn't like multi-culturalism. affected by globalisation and movement of labour, often more marginalised in society compared to decades ago

11% of lib dems switching to UKIP is far more baffling than older labour voters doing so, imo

Most Lib dem votes are usually those seeking the alternative to the big 2. All those that voted Lib dem last time, partly on the back of how well Clegg came across pre election in 2010, got screwed when Lib dems jumped into bed with the Cons.

It's all vey easy indeed. All people need to do is stop auto linking the idea that people who want tighter immigration = racist (yes there are a some of course), Some people don't seem to be able to stop automatically making that assumption, if they can't then they will always be baffled.

Perhaps those who want tighter immigration should stop being so f**king racist and the 2 wouldn't be linked.

Immigration is a serious subject and needs to be debated seriously but when idiots like Farage start bringing HIV into the debate this does nothing for a serious debate.  
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: May 09, 2015, 07:16:44 PM »

Con to UKIP fine.

BNP to UKIP apt.

Why would Conservative to UKIP be fine and BNP to UKIP be apt, but Labout to UKIP not make sense?  You do realise that BNP never affected Conservative areas, and they gained their votes from disillusioned traditional working class Labour areas?

http://leftfootforward.org/2015/02/is-ukip-a-racist-party-these-15-comments-would-suggest-so/

These are comments of people who have risen to positions of candidates, MEPs or councillors.

Like I said there are always a few pillocks. But assuming one means the other is also pillock like behaviour.
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: May 09, 2015, 07:19:55 PM »

Con to UKIP fine.

BNP to UKIP apt.

Much like many of us can't believe that some people are unable to see the link between immigration and economic benefit.

If you want to debate immigration (and I definitely think non-EU immigration is worthy of debate) then you have to do it without all the sabre rattling and far reaching nationalism. The question can only be 'is there a net benefit?', 'does that net benefit have a tipping point?' ... Diminishing returns etc
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: May 09, 2015, 07:21:13 PM »

Con to UKIP fine.

BNP to UKIP apt.

Why would Conservative to UKIP be fine and BNP to UKIP be apt, but Labout to UKIP not make sense?  You do realise that BNP never affected Conservative areas, and they gained their votes from disillusioned traditional working class Labour areas?

Like I said there are always a few pillocks. But assuming one means the other is also pillock like behaviour.

No it isn't when they are clearly correlated.
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1926 on: May 09, 2015, 07:22:49 PM »

Just because someone votes UKIP does not make them a racist.

That said, if you are a racist, you probably voted for UKIP.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: May 09, 2015, 07:27:25 PM »

Con to UKIP fine.

BNP to UKIP apt.

No it isn't when they are clearly correlated.

Anyone making that automatic assumption is as guilty of prejudice as racists.
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: May 09, 2015, 07:28:30 PM »

The problem with some UKIP is that some of the candidates come from very closed areas where certain words/phrases are acceptable 'banter' and thus it just slips out.  Also if they are from the older generation, this is only gonna be more likely.

Anyone who follows Doyle Brunson on twitter will know that some of his political views are very extreme.  Does that make him a bad person?  No.  It makes him an 80 year old guy from Texas.

I have a lot of friends who will moan about immigration, but have never lived in an area with immigrants, don't have non-white friends but obviously still have a strong opinion.  I have to keep calm with some of their views sometimes.  I know they are good people, but they just don't have that life experience and say stupid things.

The one thing I'm greatly thankful for is that the poker world has opened my mind when it comes to other people and cultures.  It's a very accepting community where race and nationality really isn't an issue. Probably one of the few qualities about the game that could really benefit society.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 07:30:59 PM by scotty77 » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: May 09, 2015, 07:30:37 PM »

farage interviewed

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: May 09, 2015, 07:31:14 PM »

But they only got 12% of the vote? 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: May 09, 2015, 07:32:11 PM »

This.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: May 09, 2015, 07:35:51 PM »

This.

I would guess there would be at least 250k people who voted labour and tory who people on here would consider racist.  To say racist people only vote UKIP is crazy.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: May 09, 2015, 07:37:57 PM »

This.

I would guess there would be at least 250k people who voted labour and tory who people on here would consider racist.  To say racist people only vote UKIP is crazy.

What proportion of the UK do you think is racist?

scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: May 09, 2015, 07:39:13 PM »

I'd add a zero to that arrboy.

I think this forum is very liberal and understanding of race compared to the general population.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 127 128 [129] 130 131 132 133 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: