blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 02:21:36 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  UK General Election 2015
Poll
Question: I will be voting for the following in the General election  (Voting closed: May 10, 2015, 02:10:42 PM)
Conservative - 41 (40.6%)
Labour - 20 (19.8%)
Liberal Democrat - 6 (5.9%)
SNP - 9 (8.9%)
UKIP - 3 (3%)
Green - 7 (6.9%)
Other - 3 (3%)
I will not be voting - 12 (11.9%)
Total Voters: 100

Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 155 Go Down Print
Author Topic: UK General Election 2015  (Read 254314 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: May 04, 2015, 12:28:05 PM »

Guardian chart that shows the Tory/Lab record on running budget surpluses.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: May 04, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »

in the independent

policy overlaps, or not, between all the parties

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/generalelection/general-election-2015-the-independent-on-sundays-best-graphics-to-make-sense-of-it-all-10221009.html

a fun graphic with your possible coalition hats on...

My eyes are open wide
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: May 04, 2015, 12:41:41 PM »

ageree with your two reasons on why it's hard to turn off taps Tighty, but surely they also knew this, and by their own benchmarks they aren't even halfway to where they said they would be.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: May 04, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »

ageree with your two reasons on why it's hard to turn off taps Tighty, but surely they also knew this, and by their own benchmarks they aren't even halfway to where they said they would be.

Agree

a) politicians of all parties over-promise and under-deliver (at least previously they tried to give detail this time they haven't)

b) the libdems were an effective break on the amount of and the speed of deficit reduction. big dfifference between promising in anticipation of majority government then having to fulfill it in a coalition

c) in some instances its politically impossible to do them even mid-parliament

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: May 04, 2015, 12:56:33 PM »

a really balanced article on the deficit, labour 2000-2010, who is to blame etc etc

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-32580249

My eyes are open wide
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: May 04, 2015, 01:13:04 PM »

Agree

a) politicians of all parties over-promise and under-deliver (at least previously they tried to give detail this time they haven't)

b) the libdems were an effective break on the amount of and the speed of deficit reduction. big dfifference between promising in anticipation of majority government then having to fulfill it in a coalition

c) in some instances its politically impossible to do them even mid-parliament

I'm pleased to see you recognising that. The achievement of the Lib-Dems has been under-recognised imo.

The Tories want to reduce spending by £21bn over two years, followed by a further £6bn in year 3, but then increase it again by £11bn in 2019/20 (wonder why?).

Labour wants to have no reductions in the first two years, followed by a £2bn increase and then a £14bn increase.

The Lib-Dems propose a reduction of £11bn over two years, followed by increases of £7bn and £9bn.

By 2019/20, Labour would be spending £16bn more than now, Lib-Dems £5bn more and Tories £16bn less.

That difference of £32bn between Tories and Labour should be the focus of the election, but neither wants to talk about it. The Tories don't want to be seen as the nasty party that takes everything away and Labour doesn't want to be seen as irresponsible, so they are both swerving the subject.

The role of the Lib-Dems, moderating the extremes, seems to me to be more important than ever.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: May 04, 2015, 01:42:24 PM »

Guardian chart that shows the Tory/Lab record on running budget surpluses.

The frightening thing about this chart is governments both red and blue have been selling national assets for decades and it's just included in the number as windfall gains!   Add in PFI and unfunded pensions which aren't in the numbers and things look a bit grim.  This is isn't directed at any party in particular just a general observation over a 30 year period.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: May 04, 2015, 01:44:27 PM »

Irrespective of what labour got up to I would have to agree Tory economic performance has been disappointing under the coalition. 
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: May 04, 2015, 02:42:07 PM »

Ed convinces Brand - "Vote Labour"!

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: May 04, 2015, 04:09:28 PM »

I can't remember which thread, this or "should I vote" thread, however i heard kn Sky News this morning about websites cropping up for vote swaping options.

All legal, if not morally debated, you swap your vote if you (for example) wish to vote Lab, but are in a heavy Con backed area, so feel you vote is "wasted", with someone else in a closer run battle so you vote helps that area win.

Clever idea, new to me as a concept

Carpe Diem
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: May 04, 2015, 04:55:05 PM »

Corporate Welfare: http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2014/oct/06/benefits-corporate-welfare-research-public-money-businesses

Should it be more of an issue?
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: May 04, 2015, 05:23:19 PM »

44 companies received £1MM or more across 6 years?
These companies employed people?

I get the living wage issue and the tax avoidance shenanigans are appalling but this money is, in general, paid out to attract business to the UK. Or to encourage them to create opportunities in specific areas of the country.
The article has so many vague and woolly references to the scale of the issue that it almost seems like a smear campaign against the current administration. Yet this issue has been around for years, under both of the major parties.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: May 04, 2015, 05:43:19 PM »

44 companies received £1MM or more across 6 years?
These companies employed people?

I get the living wage issue and the tax avoidance shenanigans are appalling but this money is, in general, paid out to attract business to the UK. Or to encourage them to create opportunities in specific areas of the country.
The article has so many vague and woolly references to the scale of the issue that it almost seems like a smear campaign against the current administration. Yet this issue has been around for years, under both of the major parties.

Smearing nobody...the point is nobody knows. And that's a disgrace to transparency and democracy.
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: May 04, 2015, 05:55:48 PM »

Of course there should be proper oversight of it - but, for example, it gives the example of £170m handout to Disney; and in the same time the article it's linked to says that Disney has spent £1.4bn in that time.

Seems like a pretty good deal doesn't it?

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: May 04, 2015, 06:22:54 PM »

massive tactical voting in clegg's seat

ICM Guardian Hallam poll finds that 48% of those who'd support CON nationally are ready to swing to LD to support Clegg

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 72 73 [74] 75 76 77 78 ... 155 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: