blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 02:19:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  AmayaStars
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 Go Down Print
Author Topic: AmayaStars  (Read 147378 times)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: July 16, 2017, 03:58:27 PM »

I'm sure if this person was to write an email stating how they have a gambling problem and wish to have their account banned and money returned stars would oblige.

Not sure why you should have to take the irrecoverable nuclear option to get your money back just because Stars are making up licence requirements.

Just tested and Stan James, Ladbrokes and Party will allow you to withdraw deposited funds without wagering.
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: July 16, 2017, 04:31:25 PM »

I'm sure if this person was to write an email stating how they have a gambling problem and wish to have their account banned and money returned stars would oblige.

Not sure why you should have to take the irrecoverable nuclear option to get your money back just because Stars are making up licence requirements.

Just tested and Stan James, Ladbrokes and Party will allow you to withdraw deposited funds without wagering.

I posted this for you before Sir  ..........

Spoke to a few players and this seems to be true ( been a policy for years ) , you have probably never noticed before because you have either won/lost or more importantly not requested a withdrawal until after 48 hours

the fact the available balance is now highlighted has brought this matter to the fore

My advice is play it through on the poker or just wait until you want it for poker ( maybe buy in for a live event) because Im pretty sure you wont get a result unless you comply

Obviously it fucking sucks  but that is standard with this lot  ............I would seriously not waste any more on my time on it as it will just serve to tilt you
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: July 16, 2017, 04:42:46 PM »

I posted this for you before Sir  ..........

Spoke to a few players and this seems to be true ( been a policy for years ) , you have probably never noticed before because you have either won/lost or more importantly not requested a withdrawal until after 48 hours

the fact the available balance is now highlighted has brought this matter to the fore

My advice is play it through on the poker or just wait until you want it for poker ( maybe buy in for a live event) because Im pretty sure you wont get a result unless you comply

Obviously it fucking sucks  but that is standard with this lot  ............I would seriously not waste any more on my time on it as it will just serve to tilt you

Fraser. 

Why should he comply?  Stars appear to be in possible breach of their licence.  It is them that should comply.  They want access to the UK market, then they shouldn't do what they are doing.   

Obvious just my interpretation, and I am not a lawyer, but I work in an industry where we have similar rules we must comply with. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: July 16, 2017, 04:45:21 PM »

Someone on 2 plus 2 is claiming everyone does it. 

I have been limited at most major uk bookmakers and can't remember any of them stopping me withdrawing.  Whilst there are exceptions, such as bonus clearence and suspicuous transactions, I have never heard of anybody having to play through a deposit without an attaching bonus.  Though I dare say it could happen on some really crappy sites.

And just to check, I deposited some money on Shy Poker this afternoon.  I didn't play a single hand and then withdrew more money than was originally on the site (before the deposit) a few hours later. 

I am pretty sure I have done similar many times before.  You deposit a few hundred quid to make a series of bets and they limit you to 27p on a race on television (hello Sporting Bet), there is little else you can do other than withdraw. 

No communication from Stars yet. 

I am hardly Stars defender, but I can't blame them for requiring a playthrough to withdraw.

Each deposit and withdrawal costs them money. If people are just loading up and the withdrawing without play, it costs them.

Some of their other policies are far more obnoxious.

Strongly disagree.  Every other gambling company seems to absorb the cost.  If they have somebody abusing it by frequently depositing and withdrawing, they always have the ban hammer.

As it is problem gamblers can deposit £500 pissed on a Friday night, spunk £100 on the roulette.  They then wake up on the Saturday and you think it is reasonable they can't take £400 out because it cost Stars 30p* each way do a bank transfer? 

It is a flagrant breach of the treating customers fairly rules and ignores their responsibilities to problem gamblers. 

A couple of points on this.

Stars are regulated and legal.  This isn't the old days of needing to find dodgy payment processors.  They should be able to negotiate minimal processing fees.  Also, as you say, they can refuse custom.

Secondly, although this doesn't apply to Stars, many companies simply don't have adequate protection for customer funds.  Why should customers be prevented from withdrawing funds and forced to take risks when the company cba to set up adequate arrangements?

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 16, 2017, 04:48:58 PM »

I posted this for you before Sir  ..........

Fraser.  

Why should he comply?  Stars appear to be in possible breach of their licence.  It is them that should comply.  They want access to the UK market, then they shouldn't do what they are doing.  

Obvious just my interpretation, and I am not a lawyer, but I work in an industry where we have similar rules we must comply with.  

Im not saying it is right Dave , its a matter of damage limitation given what a set of ***** they are / have become

Obviously they are wrong to do this but having dealt with them for years I know how stubborn they are and they will not budge............unless ......................you close the account

I guess somebody can be the martyr

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 16, 2017, 05:03:50 PM »

Hi Fraser, looking through my email archive I'm 95% certain I've had withdrawals processed in the past that came from non-wagered deposits. So Stars have either changed their terms or decided to start enforcing them, which is fair enough and entirely their prerogative.

But if they try to dress it up as a licence requirement then I don't mind calling them out on it and as Doobs pointed out I'm not sure it would stand up to much scrutiny with regards to the Consumer Rights Act.

It's only £50, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, just don't like being fed bs.
strak33

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: July 16, 2017, 05:36:57 PM »

I have never been able to withdraw within 48hours of deposit. (11 years)

superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: July 17, 2017, 10:38:07 AM »

I don't know if it's changed. I agree though, no way they can be allowed to force you to wager all the deposit surely? I'm going to check back in 48 hours and see if it has become withdrawable.

Let me know please. I normally play fridays so am likely to play through anyway.  Might be my last Friday at this rate.  If they are going to start insisting on play through of deposits I am off.  I get the 48 hour rule and am not objecting to that.

Anyone know what party tournaments finish at a reasonable hour (1am ish uk).

Cheers

Over 48 hours later and my entire balance is now withdrawable. However, I did play some cash over the weekend after forgetting I wanted to check this so my results are inconclusive, apologies!

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: July 17, 2017, 10:46:55 AM »

I replied to their last email suggesting they may want to reconsider their position with regard to forced wagering being a licence requirement and the implications of the Consumer Rights Act, or provide a reference number for an IBAS submission.

As a "one time exception" my entire balance is now withdrawable.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: July 17, 2017, 10:56:00 AM »

I replied to their last email suggesting they may want to reconsider their position with regard to forced wagering being a licence requirement and the implications of the Consumer Rights Act, or provide a reference number for an IBAS submission.

As a "one time exception" my entire balance is now withdrawable.

I did get a very similar email to you in the end, with chunks copy and pasted.  I haven't pushed them to allow me to withdraw as I have played through anyway.

The gambling commission suggests that we should give chance for stars to resolve the complaint.  But that doesn't resolve the issue for the 99% who don't complain or accept Stars words as the truth on the legality of this.

They gambling commission should be way more proactive on things like this. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: July 31, 2017, 08:15:47 PM »

Come on, Doug...

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: July 31, 2017, 08:24:16 PM »

Lildave smashed out of his face playing his bit in the pokerstars corporate bollocks making the game fun at 2.40 on the video!
POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: July 31, 2017, 08:34:48 PM »

Click to see full-size image.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: July 31, 2017, 09:17:56 PM »

Pretty sure the guy at 2:24 showing passion and having some laughs (because that's what Pokerstars want to bring back) lost his job there for it.....

I bet with the right lawyer he could sue them for that. Sacked him claiming he was bad for the brand then use his image doing what he was sacked for as advertising.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: July 31, 2017, 10:00:15 PM »

Pretty sure the guy at 2:24 showing passion and having some laughs (because that's what Pokerstars want to bring back) lost his job there for it.....

I bet with the right lawyer he could sue them for that. Sacked him claiming he was bad for the brand then use his image doing what he was sacked for as advertising.

Great work by Doug here Wink

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: