blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:15:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Brentford FC in the Premier League?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC in the Premier League?  (Read 15073 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2014, 11:40:34 AM »

...well probably not, but I doubt have they ever been higher than 3rd in the Championship (or equivelant, back in the day), which is their current position.

Realistically, do they have any chance of making it?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tables

The Bookies rate them @ around 9/2 for Promotion, which seems fearfully skinny to me.

Can this really be happening?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2014, 11:56:46 AM »

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/brentford-owner-matthew-benham-every-championship-club-wants-to-get-into-the-premier-league-and-we-are-no-different-9336176.html

Why not?  Money talks at all levels of football and Brentford have as much as most in the Championship.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2014, 07:18:58 PM »

I have watched almost every game the team has played this season and only Bournemouth and Boro deserved results against us. Warburton favours a high energy pressing game which borders on reckless at times but teams don't seem to be able work out what to do when they don't have time to pick a pass. Yesterday Wolves must have kicked the ball directly into touch about 8 or 9 times as a result. The number of goals Brentford have scored recently from winning the ball in the opposition's final third is incredible.

I think it's only natural that results will level off a bit as teams have more video to research but I think the real key depends on how the team's fitness pans out through the winter. Pressing that hard on wet, heavy pitches will really take it's toll and that's when squad depth will be tested. I have not seen any reason why Brentford can't be in the mix at the end of the season and I'm certainly enjoying the ride!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2014, 11:43:31 AM »

Brentford were very good at Vicarage Road and unlucky to lose, which is the only time I have seen them.  I suspect the rigours of the Championship will expose squad depth of Brentford/Bournemouth/Ipswich over 46 games, and squads like Watford (for all the fact that they are a complete shambles at the moment), Derby and Middlesborough will push forwards.  However, if they can stay clear of injuries to key players and keep settled sides there is no reason why one of these teams can't do a Burnley and secure automatic promotion this season, with another one in the playoffs.

Injuries permitting, the importance of a settled side can't be overstated.  70% of Watford's problems this season are caused by idiotic rotation just to keep stroppy big name players "happy" by giving them some game time.  Just results in half the players not understanding what is required of them, especially when the formations chop and change as well.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 07:07:24 PM »

Would be a good story but all the underlying numbers say no unless they're missing something.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2014, 09:30:49 AM »

Which underlying numbers?

@fairwaywedge
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2014, 03:52:30 PM »

Basically concede more shots than they take, hard to finish in the top 6 playing like this.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2014, 09:21:38 PM »

Not sure how many of the games you've watched but I think that is either incorrect or a massive misnomer. In terms of high quality scoring chance differential, Brentford would been a big positive. Most of the chances the oppo seem to get are often 25 yard pot shots.

I've not looked back through the stats for the last 10 games or so but i'd think we'd be the team with the most possession more often than not and would have the most shots on target more regularly too.

@fairwaywedge
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 04:23:43 PM »

Basically concede more shots than they take, hard to finish in the top 6 playing like this.

Their shots on target ratio is slightly positive and there is only Boro, Bournemouth and Norwich that are massively better.  It is a very, very tight division and results in the bag are important.  Given the team they have their I wouldn't be writing them off just yet.

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2014, 06:59:26 PM »

It's a wide open league, I say it's more than possible.

Anyone but Derby!

If I was to pick a top 2, I don't think I could to be honest.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2014, 12:24:01 AM »

Their shots on target ratio is slightly positive and there is only Boro, Bournemouth and Norwich that are massively better.  It is a very, very tight division and results in the bag are important.  Given the team they have their I wouldn't be writing them off just yet.

Didn't look at shots on target. Agreed but I still think it is unlikely. Their last 4 games are pretty kind though and who knows what the fuck is going to happen in the upcoming transfer window with all the banning going on.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 06:05:42 PM »

The impossible dream lives on, a victory away to Norwich today keeps them right in the mix.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 06:22:34 PM »

The impossible dream lives on, a victory away to Norwich today keeps them right in the mix.

Good victory that ,thoroughly deserved.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2015, 06:24:30 PM »

An impressive victory as well, well deserved against an admittedly below par Norwich. If we don't go up it's safe to say Jota won't be with us next year, what a player he is. Pritchard is some talent as well but will on loan from Spurs - big future on the game imo.

Big game on TV next Saturday - Boro were the best team we've played so far this year. If we get a result I really will start to believe.

@fairwaywedge
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2015, 06:58:30 PM »

Great sweat seeing Brentford as the biggest fixture on soccer saturday while everyone else is chasing a silly cup

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: