blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 18, 2024, 09:32:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272534 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  9HighLikeABoss
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 9HighLikeABoss  (Read 104630 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #300 on: February 01, 2016, 06:01:39 PM »

So, how was your day today?

Anything interesting happen?

I was only on to make a post on blonde, when I heard it was getting close to 897. Good timing!
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 14, 2016, 03:58:18 AM »

Isnt it funny? How wewant to take shots when playing bad and losing but when we are winning and playing well we are happy to float along at the same stakes.

A quote from a player's diary on Sky.

It is so true, when things are going bad it's so easy to play games you wouldn't normally play.

I wonder if extremely tight players ever tilt Smiley

Poker for the first week of this month was great, I couldn't lose. Then I had 4 consecutive losing days, ok some of it was self inflicted(!), but there was a spell where no matter how good I got it in, I still couldn't win.

It's amazing in poker how quickly things can change, and how it makes you think about your game. While winning you are unbeatable, while losing you question everything.

Funny old game, poker.   

Knottikay

View Profile
« Reply #302 on: February 18, 2016, 11:21:49 AM »

Good game last night mate. I had a difficult seat with you to my left for bloody hours!. I never bluffed you once Wink

Next time it will be the main and the mini we hopefully lock horns again.

PS....its 2016 now, 2015 is so last year 

Life has no rebuy options
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 25, 2016, 12:22:44 AM »

Good game last night mate. I had a difficult seat with you to my left for bloody hours!. I never bluffed you once Wink

Well done on the cash last night Tikay(not), nice finish.

Cash games on Sky in 2016 have gotten a lot tougher, there is a lot less money kicking about + more regulars. Despite that this year I've mostly been playing cash:O

Also dabbled a bit in Zoom games, they must be the crack cocaine of poker.

This was how it started:

Then I had a day of spew lol I was calling every single 3 bet and just playing silly, but really good fun games. The best regs in the player pool were defo better than me. It would be fascinating to speak to a good winning 200nl+ Zoom player about strategy.

Not played many MTTs this year, feeling a bit rusty.

Tonight 3 players remaining in a mtt, prizes are 400 1st, 2nd 250, 3rd 150.

I had Ace 3 hh in the BB, Button min raises and I jammed 20 bigs. He had 55, called and held.

Stacks were me 24k, other player 22k, button chip leader with 60k.

I think the jams ok, thoughts?

« Last Edit: March 25, 2016, 12:35:13 AM by shipitgood » Logged
Evilpengwinz

View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 25, 2016, 02:23:56 AM »

Nice graph! I get 10% for helping you with PT setup yeah?

Initially was gonna say I'm OK with a jam, and I still am to an extent vs certain villains and different stack sizes, but much prefer a peel in this particular example the more I think about it. Changed my mind from "Yeah easy 3b jam" to "Peel's actually pretty decent, both are fine" to "3b jam kinda sucks, just peel and play some poker" in the time it took me to reply.

Antes? Why am I still having to ask that in 2016 lol. Significant though, for two reasons: Firstly he's supposed to be opening wider, because he wins more chips when it gets through, so we should re-steal wider to compensate; Also, we win more chips (3 antes more) when we get it through than we do without antes. I think my action is the same as default, but a 3b jam suddenly becomes a better option with antes IMO. Is only like 0.4 BBs, but really does change so much.

Definitely lean towards a peel vs his stack size. Getting 3.5/1 on Sky, more like 3.9/1 on sites with antes, can x/r to jam turn or even just x/jam a decent amount of flops as semibluff with our hand and stack size. Flopped FDs obv, as well as a ton of gutshots which includes some dry boards where we should just have it always, like we can x/r J52r w/ BDFD and if he's not just folded his Q4 high within 0.02 seconds then he's probs gonna give us credit for Jx every time anyway. Can semibluff some flops with a 3 on too  where he's just got nothing so much of the time , as it's too weak to get to showdown vs any resistance, and we have 6 outs when called, maybe with some backdoors too. Plus there's gonna be spots where he can get out of line on Ace high boards ("We don't have many Aces because we 3b jam loads of them") and so we have pretty much the best bluff catcher we're gonna have.

Other thing in favour of a call is 3b jam gets called more when the button has 60k then if he has 40k. A3s is never in great shape when called, like we're a marginal favourite if he punts like KJs or something, or in trouble vs small pairs/ace rag which a shorter stack is far more likely to r/f. A big part of the reason to jam would be if he's going to r/f hands where we're either behind (A7o, 55) or a marginal favourite that's just gonna get barrelled off the best hand OOP (Suited broadway stuff, even more relevant this hand because ICM) and therefore, not realise our equity. However, CL probably has some wider calls that we wouldn't otherwise get if he had 35-40k, and even if we get shown like KJs or something, we're not happy about the call even as a very marginal favourite because of the ICM.

The hand he showed us is actually a pretty good example, if he has 35-40k then he might just r/f the 55 whereas he's more inclined to punt when he's got 60k. FWIW I reckon he should just open jam 55 from his seat unless he's getting a ton of steals through, but whatever.

All those factors combined make it becomes a slam dunk defend, IMO. Having said that, totally get the question. Readless, I'd like to think I would peel but I probably 3b jam more than I should, because I don't have time to think about the factors behind my reasons for defending in this post in the 15-20 seconds or whatever I have. I then swear at the "Congratuations you came 3rd" message when guy is like "KINGS LOL". Fun fact, the Ace doesn't actually flop every time someone has Kings. This is then followed by the inevitable regret when I see the same player again a few days later and he ends up getting the "Mega face up nit" tag, and the realisation that he probably didn't even widen his range from the start of the FT to 3 handed at all.

Also +1 to the thread title comment a couple of posts up too. Really is fascinating to see if the thread title just remains "2015" until the end of time.
KingPush

View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 03, 2016, 04:55:48 AM »

Well done on the cash last night Tikay(not), nice finish.

Cash games on Sky in 2016 have gotten a lot tougher, there is a lot less money kicking about + more regulars. Despite that this year I've mostly been playing cash:O

Also dabbled a bit in Zoom games, they must be the crack cocaine of poker.

This was how it started:

Then I had a day of spew lol I was calling every single 3 bet and just playing silly, but really good fun games. The best regs in the player pool were defo better than me. It would be fascinating to speak to a good winning 200nl+ Zoom player about strategy.

Not played many MTTs this year, feeling a bit rusty.

Tonight 3 players remaining in a mtt, prizes are 400 1st, 2nd 250, 3rd 150.

I had Ace 3 hh in the BB, Button min raises and I jammed 20 bigs. He had 55, called and held.

Stacks were me 24k, other player 22k, button chip leader with 60k.

I think the jams ok, thoughts?

You think the games have gotten tougher? I think you maybe playing higher than me, I've been on there for the past week or so and I really don't think so, seems like the same people, regs and fun players, who have always been on there with mostly the same leaks. Also not sure how profitable zoom is in the long run unless you are a crusher agree about the crack though. Don't know that much about ss play but would have thought axs is too good to jam and an easy call.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 26, 2016, 11:25:24 PM »

Nice meeting you in Glasgow at the GPPT.

Good Luck and hope to see you at the Mini GPPT Smiley

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 29, 2016, 12:39:16 AM »

Hey, it was a pleasure meeting you too. It was a great event and would be up for supporting anything similar.

When and where abouts is the mini?
maccol

View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 29, 2016, 04:17:26 PM »

Alea Glasgow. Live Day 1 . 6pm Fri 24/6 and 1pm / 6pm flights on Sat 25/6
Nice to meet you at Hampden.

Embracing the variance.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 30, 2016, 11:43:57 AM »

Thanks Mac, nice meeting you too.

If i'm free will play the Alea game for sure.
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 18, 2016, 01:49:38 AM »

Evening, I hope everyone has been doing well!

Since about August time I've been playing almost exclusively MTTs and it has been going really well.

They are so much more fun than grinding cash. You can't beat the feeling of running deep, Final Tabling and taking down a tournament.

UKOPS is coming up in October / November and i'm planning on playing a full schedule. On a daily basis it will be most I have ever spent in £££ terms on tournaments, I'm also going to have 100% of my action.

All things being equal it should be really good and will help increase my average buy in.

Lastly, I would just like to give a big shout out to Dohhhh, a blonde member and sky poker player.

He recently took part in a half marathon to raise money for the Mayflower animal Sanctuary.

It truly is an inspirational story. Dohhhh, from doing very little running started training daily, using the programme/ app Couch to 5k, and through his hard work, commitment and dedication succeeded in completing the half marathon.  

Many congratulations Sir on a fantastic job.

Dohhhhs just giving page: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/woofwoofx

Couch to 5k: http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #311 on: October 14, 2016, 10:52:29 AM »

The schedule for UKOPs has been announced, with buy ins from £22-£530, starting the 28th of October.

It's pretty cool, there will also be a leader board with cash prizes for the top 50 places.

I will be playing all events up to £110 and am shooting for a top 3 finish in the leaderboard.

There is only two events i'm not sure about yet whether I will be playing them:

UKOPS 10 | £30,000 High Roller Freezeout7:30pm£530
UKOPS 19 | £15,000 High Roller Freezeout   7:30pm£220

I might play some sats for the £220 and £530 game or just sell a % for them. The high roller doesn't towards the leaderboard, so it's not essential I play it.

If anyone would be interested in buying a % in the £220 or £530 MTT if you can please show an expression of interest on here or pm me. If I was selling, it would be 50% of the £530 game and up to 50% of the £220 game.* I will confirm details nearer the time if I am selling.

Strangest you tube vid ever:

« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 10:58:36 AM by shipitgood » Logged
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #312 on: October 18, 2016, 06:48:37 PM »

I got back from holiday last week. It was fantastic 2 weeks of sun.

I didn't play poker at all while away and was really looking forward to getting some sessions in again.

Since I've came back I've had one winning session at poker. I've not ran good, but mostly I have just played badly making a lot of mistakes.

During August I ran awesome, so can't grumble to much at a bit of run bad but I can certainly do my best to cut out silly mistakes.

Looking to get back on track this week playing as close to my B/A game as possible in preparation for UKOPS in under 2 weeks. With the £530 game not being included in the UKOPS leaderboard I've decided not to play it. 
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #313 on: October 31, 2016, 12:26:02 AM »

A couple of messages ago I talked about shooting for a top 3 finish in the UKOPS leaderboad and playing most of the events.

Turns out, I will be missing a good few days of UKOPS. Yesterday I had to grind cash to make priority, Friday night I grinded cash while playing UKOPS, where I was probably playing sub optimally in both game types, Monday is  a day off, and Tuesday Celtic's playing in the Champion League. So next time I'll be playing a UKOPS event will be Wednesday.

Friday and Tonight in the UKOPS games have been very much lukewarm with 2 poultry cashes out of 7 events. But that's fine, it's poker.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday; it's a new day  and importantly will be after a couple of days break.

Some folk mentioned the thread title was a bit outdated:P

While watching the WSOP programming I was a bit apathetic to Will Kasouf's antics. When the table started to gang up on him - like something out of Lord of the Flies - I had only but respect for how he handled himself and the situation.

He also coined the most memorable phrase from the WSOP 2016.

Solidarity for WK: Nine High Like a Boss, Big Heart of a Lion:D

« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 12:33:34 AM by shipitgood » Logged
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #314 on: October 31, 2016, 08:51:07 AM »

A couple of messages ago I talked about shooting for a top 3 finish in the UKOPS leaderboad and playing most of the events.

Turns out, I will be missing a good few days of UKOPS. Yesterday I had to grind cash to make priority, Friday night I grinded cash while playing UKOPS, where I was probably playing sub optimally in both game types, Monday is  a day off, and Tuesday Celtic's playing in the Champion League. So next time I'll be playing a UKOPS event will be Wednesday.

Friday and Tonight in the UKOPS games have been very much lukewarm with 2 poultry cashes out of 7 events. But that's fine, it's poker.

I'm looking forward to Wednesday; it's a new day  and importantly will be after a couple of days break.

Some folk mentioned the thread title was a bit outdated:P

While watching the WSOP programming I was a bit apathetic to Will Kasouf's antics. When the table started to gang up on him - like something out of Lord of the Flies - I had only but respect for how he handled himself and the situation.

He also coined the most memorable phrase from the WSOP 2016.

Solidarity for WK: Nine High Like a Boss, Big Heart of a Lion:D

I love that tournaments are finally paying out in chicken and not cash, about bloody time.

Wings? Breast? Maybe a bit of skin?

Best Bitter.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: