blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:12:15 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Paris horror attack
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paris horror attack  (Read 51983 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 07, 2015, 10:41:13 PM »

Muslims at it again or someone else this time?

Edit-yep looks like it.

Nope terrorists whom hide behind Islam, just like wen I was in army it was terrorists hiding behind Christianity that we had to keep eye out for

Very much this. 

Read some stupid fucking comments earlier from a wide anglo saxon former Jehova Witness who blamed the "Koran"  and was calling for executions. 
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 07, 2015, 10:42:57 PM »

Edit-yep looks like it.

Where are your posts that say "White British at it again?" when one of them does something wrong?

You're post has incensed me. What a racist you really are. I'm ashamed to know you.

You what? I asked a perfectly reasonable question that in fact turned out to be correct. You are totally out of order calling people racist for so little.

Unlike you, I didn't make a sweeping statement. I didn't call people racist. I called you racist.

I didn't think name calling and insults were allowed on blonde? I class that as an insult and you are bang out of order.

If the cap fits wear it.
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 07, 2015, 10:43:49 PM »

Edit-yep looks like it.

Where are your posts that say "White British at it again?" when one of them does something wrong?

You're post has incensed me. What a racist you really are. I'm ashamed to know you.

You what? I asked a perfectly reasonable question that in fact turned out to be correct. You are totally out of order calling people racist for so little.

Unlike you, I didn't make a sweeping statement. I didn't call people racist. I called you racist.

I didn't think name calling and insults were allowed on blonde? I class that as an insult and you are bang out of order.

If the cap fits wear it.

Touché sunshine  Cool
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 07, 2015, 10:45:50 PM »

Red Dog - Woodsey made an ill advised post.  I'm sure he would word it differently if he did it again.  But you have gone after him like he is a KKK member.  I think that is why he is insulted.

Personally I think you went way over the top.

He has form.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 07, 2015, 10:53:21 PM »

Moving away from the poor wording of the opening post is it inappropriate for people to make any assumptions based on prior behaviour/current form?

In the 80s when I read that a bomb had gone off in the UK, I would be thinking in my head that it was the IRA before the perpetrator was known.  Would this be inappropriate and anti-catholic?  Should I have equally weighted the possibility of it being Japanese terrorists and kept a completely open mind until confirmation?

The first headline I saw today was "Terror attack in France" with no other details.  What percentage of people would think there is an islamic connection given the last couple of years?  Does that make them bad people?

The IRA had nothing to do with Catholocism and vice versa. 

The same way not all Muslims are Islamic extremists. 

My first thought today was Islamic extremists, oh fuck wait to see the outcry from the xenophobes with their anti-muslim vitriol and sure as night follows day Social Media was in meltdown. 
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: January 07, 2015, 11:00:25 PM »

Heard an interview with three French people who were joining the many in a square in Paris to peacefully protest and show solidarity. They all spoke excellent English and very eloquently said why they were there and how the people of France had to come together against this sort of atrocity against innocent people and an attack on democracy. Said that they hope normal Muslims aren't targeted by right-wing thugs, etc.

Was very moving. 

Also heard a Muslim cleric saying that this slaughter should be condemned as an attack on freedom and democracy. He was understandably upset and angry. That's the thing, this cleric is a Muslim, but those terrorists are also Muslims. The same way the IRA are Catholics, etc. Religion makes people, and is used as an excuse by people, to carry out awful, inhumane acts.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 07, 2015, 11:07:16 PM »

Heard an interview with three French people who were joining the many in a square in Paris to peacefully protest and show solidarity. They all spoke excellent English and very eloquently said why they were there and how the people of France had to come together against this sort of atrocity against innocent people and an attack on democracy. Said that they hope normal Muslims aren't targeted by right-wing thugs, etc.

Was very moving. 

Also heard a Muslim cleric saying that this slaughter should be condemned as an attack on freedom and democracy. He was understandably upset and angry. That's the thing, this cleric is a Muslim, but those terrorists are also Muslims. The same way the IRA are Catholics, etc. Religion makes people, and is used as an excuse by people, to carry out awful, inhumane acts.

Meh, it seems that Brits are the best at steretyping other religions and groupings. 

The reference that the IRA were some sort of avenging Catholic army is wrong on so many levels.  A myth that was perpetuated by the British state who were first responsible for the divide and conquer tactics. 

We see much of the same today only its along different religions and class grounds. 

Todays events looked to be very well planned and done with precision, I don't want to start with conspiracy theories until we know more about it but this wasn't done by a couple of thugs in my mind. 

mulhuzz

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 07, 2015, 11:10:00 PM »

the great Islam reformist and modernist of the 19th century, and Grand Mufti of Egypt - Muhammad Abduh - once said:

"I went to the West and saw Islam, but no Muslims; I got back to the East and saw Muslims, but not Islam."

Those are words to remember today.
Honeybadger

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: January 07, 2015, 11:12:15 PM »

Meh, it seems that Brits are the best at steretyping other religions and groupings. 

Racist pig Wink
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2015, 11:15:15 PM »

Was very moving. 

Great, let's hope all muslim clerics around Europe and elsewhere say the same to their Muslim communities where they preach/work and out any possible terrorists/traitors. That is one of the best ways to get the local/non-Muslim communities on board, to know something is being done.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2015, 11:16:11 PM »

Was very moving. 

Great, let's hope all muslim clerics around Europe and elsewhere say the same to their Muslim communities where they preach/work and out any possible terrorists/traitors. That is one of the best ways to get the local/non-Muslim communities on board, to know something is being done.

I would say the majority already do.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2015, 11:18:32 PM »

Was very moving.  

I would say the majority already do.

Good the more the merrier. Recruiting goes on, let's hope that ones that see sense to not to join up grass up the recruiters.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2015, 08:12:11 AM »

Was very moving. 

The reference that the IRA were some sort of avenging Catholic army is wrong on so many levels.  A myth that was perpetuated by the British state who were first responsible for the divide and conquer tactics. 

We see much of the same today only its along different religions and class grounds. 

Todays events looked to be very well planned and done with precision, I don't want to start with conspiracy theories until we know more about it but this wasn't done by a couple of thugs in my mind. 

Try to understand the point of my post before claiming that I think the IRA were avenging Catholics ffs.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 08, 2015, 08:22:11 AM »

Reading comments on social media pages there are thousands and thousands of seemingly normal every day Muslims supporting yesterday's horrific shootings. Of course you will always get people on social media saying things but the majority really seem to think yesterday was justified.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 08, 2015, 08:34:32 AM »

Reading comments on social media pages there are thousands and thousands of seemingly normal every day Muslims supporting yesterday's horrific shootings. Of course you will always get people on social media saying things but the majority really seem to think yesterday was justified.

I have never ever met a Muslim that has voiced any support or sympathy for attacks like these to me.  I know quite a few normal average Muslims.   Each time they appear appalled.  I was brought up a Christian and I never believed that any Murders made in the names of Christians were Christian murders or murders by genuine Christians.   Though you can read the Koran and bible and find justification for killings both religions overwhelming preach peace and love.

My Social media pages are full of people saying Je Suis Charlie and muslims disassociating themselves from the attacks.  Then again I don't read Britain First and the English Defence League sites for my World view.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: