blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:52:07 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Official partypoker UK Constructive Player Feedback (to Rob)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Official partypoker UK Constructive Player Feedback (to Rob)  (Read 97870 times)
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2015, 05:54:21 PM »

i've had money stuck on table for over 24 hours now

i asked support about it when it happened and was told "give it 15 minutes"

24 hours later, still stuck, and to top it off i appear to have not been awarded a pot i won as the hand was "cancelled" before the pot was sent my way, even though i have a hand history that clearly shows i had the best hand at showdown, it's small potatoes, but i hope that they will ship it my way, as if you added a few zeros on the size of the bets then i'm sure someone would be kicking up a huge fuss about it

will update when i get a result

Mick
teamonkey

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2015, 06:12:53 PM »

if we dont already have one can we use this please?

Can anyone suggest or show me the way to change the table/floor colouring?

i dont mind the silver/grey background as such, but would prefer to be able to use different colours with a higher contrast to view my playing screen with

dare i say similar to stars themes?Huh??

tyia

Mick

have you tried changing cards / tables in set up
4 colour deck ect,..#
click on spanner in lobby

Have tried that

the sort of things i'd be wanting are along the lines of having the table and floor two different, contrasting colours, the area the hole cards sit in being a different colour to the floor, making the font sizes larger so easier to see. For my the options available contains way too much grey

All the things that make the stars table options so good

the 2+2 thread that MC pointed me towards has some great modifications, but the designers all want paying for it, which is understandable i suppose, but it would be nice to be able to have these things as part of the original software
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2015, 09:15:24 PM »

Seriously I try to think one positive thing to say about this DTD's decision. Unfortunately I can't. With all due respect to what Rob done for live poker over the years, this PartyShocker decision just goes along the same line: as soon as DTD gets something right (live tournaments, buy inn levels even ipoker over older client), somebody is just very ken to press that 'self destruct' bottom for good measure. That happened in the past with deepstack buyinns, cancellation of XXL then they they getting 150+ a night and now this. I really wonder did DTD even attempted to do some market research like talking to customers? It is seriously difficult to believe that it has or even if they did it is hard to believe anybody supported this idea in numbers.

Cannot add a lot to the PartyPokers problems, as majority has been mentioned above, except the fact that some kind of additional malware is getting installed in pc/laptops as even after proper installations, I found some files 'nicely hiding' in laptop yer later.

Definately not going to use Party Poker and that is a shame, as it also will significantly limit attendance to DTD live tournaments (as I live far away, and would play major events just if satellite in).  

Basically not thought through decision at all.

I have no idea whether this is a good or bad decision however I seriously doubt that Mr Rob Yong has ever made a business decision that has not been thought through.
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2015, 12:22:25 AM »

That is correct sonour, I thought this through a lot. I have made good and bad decisions in my life but at the time I make them, I always think they are good ones of course, or rather than good, I calculate the potential upside of the decision for everyone, including me, the staff, customers an suppliers. It was a pre-requisite that we did a deal with a company that owned and developed their own software, rather than being a 'skin' where you have zero input, even the biggest skins on poker networks often have little input, so that cut the potentials down to small number on the shortlist. The intentions from partypoker for the UK market are good, DTD's intentions are good, that's a platform to build and improve on, DTD could have stayed on ipoker, we could of moved to other poker platforms. This is a hard work but lots of potential project, I am well aware of that! DTD and me rarely take the easiest route and in my experience, easiest isn't often right long term.

Cheers for all the feedback this far. Rob
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2015, 07:34:45 AM »

Very basic question, but someone probably knows!

I install Party a few days ago. I tried registering a new account but it recognises my email and said to contact them. The email I sent has been bounced back by my email provider.

So I tried logging in as "redsimon" and the site crashed my PC and had to reboot it. Tried again and it said my account was locked. Is there an email address where you get a response?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2015, 09:00:47 AM »

Seriously I try to think one positive thing to say about this DTD's decision. Unfortunately I can't. With all due respect to what Rob done for live poker over the years, this PartyShocker decision just goes along the same line: as soon as DTD gets something right (live tournaments, buy inn levels even ipoker over older client), somebody is just very ken to press that 'self destruct' bottom for good measure. That happened in the past with deepstack buyinns, cancellation of XXL then they they getting 150+ a night and now this. I really wonder did DTD even attempted to do some market research like talking to customers? It is seriously difficult to believe that it has or even if they did it is hard to believe anybody supported this idea in numbers.

Cannot add a lot to the PartyPokers problems, as majority has been mentioned above, except the fact that some kind of additional malware is getting installed in pc/laptops as even after proper installations, I found some files 'nicely hiding' in laptop yer later.

Definately not going to use Party Poker and that is a shame, as it also will significantly limit attendance to DTD live tournaments (as I live far away, and would play major events just if satellite in).  

Hi Alonso.

That (highlighted) is an extraordinary suggestion. How do you know that?

I know I'm a personal friend of Rob, dating back to pre DTD times, so my view may be biased, but I have to tell you this.

I have conducted a great deal of business with Rob down the years, on behalf of different organisations - blonde, APAT, Sky Poker (UKPC) etc.

And Rob, when discussing plans, proposals, & deals, is a perfect pain in the arse. A meeting scheduled for 1 hour can easily take 8 hours, he is so thorough & meticulous, & the e-Mails flow by the hundred when you deal with Rob.

We are currently working together (me on behalf of Sky Poker) on the next UKPC. It's a rare morning when I don't log on at 6am & find 4 or 5 e-Mails from him, sent at 1, 2 & 3am, all detail, detail, detail. He has every stat & piece of data in front of him, or in his head.

Cutting a deal to align with an Online Poker site is not exactly easy.

This deal with Party has been concluded after many many months of intense scrutiny by Rob, & dozens of meetings.

He might have got it wrong, we shall see, (I hope not), but it will not have been for lack of thought.   

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Nicola Dusk Till Dawn

£250,000 GTD £60 GRAND PRIX 22ND - 29TH SEPT 2013

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2015, 09:14:49 AM »

I install Party a few days ago. I tried registering a new account but it recognises my email and said to contact them. The email I sent has been bounced back by my email provider.

So I tried logging in as "redsimon" and the site crashed my PC and had to reboot it. Tried again and it said my account was locked. Is there an email address where you get a response?

Hi Simon

If you have a different email address you can try then it will allow you to create a new account.

Alternatively if you use the live chat service that usually gets a speeder response than emailing in. Which email address did you use and I will chase to find out if that email address is in use.

Thanks Nic

Fenix35

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2015, 11:36:45 AM »

hmm i thought we had to deposit in £ and the client changes it into $. if you deposit in $ your bank will charge you a fee no?

right now if i deposit £100 into party poker it turns that into $148.57 whilst xe.com is $152.27, that's a 2.4% difference.

you can change ur account currency in the options
Gary Oakes

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2015, 02:06:02 PM »

hmm i thought we had to deposit in £ and the client changes it into $. if you deposit in $ your bank will charge you a fee no?

right now if i deposit £100 into party poker it turns that into $148.57 whilst xe.com is $152.27, that's a 2.4% difference.

you can change ur account currency in the options

Process for changing account currency below:

•   Can only change account currency AFTER account has been created once.
•   This has to be done from PartyAccount section on our main page https://www.partypoker.com/#home by clicking on Log In > Account > My Details  (they seem to be saying you have to do it from the website, not the poker software, I can't do it on either because I have already changed from USD to GBP ages ago via Customer Services, so I would be interested to know whether it works in the software along with the website login)
•   If the player wants to change his currency again then he will have to contact our Customer Support as the option will be disabled

So for those with USD accounts, you can change easily to GBP by following the steps above.

For those who haven't yet created an account, then select GBP when you do so!

Thanks

Gaz
Alonso

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2015, 04:10:58 PM »

Hi Alonso.

That (highlighted) is an extraordinary suggestion. How do you know that?

I know I'm a personal friend of Rob, dating back to pre DTD times, so my view may be biased, but I have to tell you this.

I have conducted a great deal of business with Rob down the years, on behalf of different organisations - blonde, APAT, Sky Poker (UKPC) etc.

And Rob, when discussing plans, proposals, & deals, is a perfect pain in the arse. A meeting scheduled for 1 hour can easily take 8 hours, he is so thorough & meticulous, & the e-Mails flow by the hundred when you deal with Rob.

We are currently working together (me on behalf of Sky Poker) on the next UKPC. It's a rare morning when I don't log on at 6am & find 4 or 5 e-Mails from him, sent at 1, 2 & 3am, all detail, detail, detail. He has every stat & piece of data in front of him, or in his head.

Cutting a deal to align with an Online Poker site is not exactly easy.

This deal with Party has been concluded after many many months of intense scrutiny by Rob, & dozens of meetings.

He might have got it wrong, we shall see, (I hope not), but it will not have been for lack of thought.   

Hi Tikay,

First, it is my personal opinion that decision wasn't thought through, mostly for the following reasons:

1. As I think I mentioned in the original post, I am not sure if any kind of consultation/market research has been conducted before making decision. Nobody denied this, so I assume even if it was (I mean with DTD customers) I guess it has been done with very select few. And I really doubt if it would have been done it would get serious support.

2. I understand that DTD is the business, and I fully understand if this deal is somehow way more profitable for Rob & co. Fair enough and I have no problems with that. Except this. Over the years DTD tried to present itself not just as a business, but if that's correct definition it tried to look like 'business with social enterprise's element in it'. Probably nobody will argue that there were numerous times then representatives of DTD advertised their events / asked to support them by taking part in them alluding to the fact that they did that and that for poker players, that they paid significant overlays and that then they are a bit in trouble with another significant outlay customers should feel some kind of responsibility to help them. And again it is fair enough.

But what happens with Party Poker switch (and I would describe it as major change) I think those customers had been cut out completely and I cannot describe it as good business practice in any sense.

3. Now we get to the last point. i wish Rob all the luck with this project, but I found it a bit naive to expect poker operator (who if I am right was one of the first in the market and so many years later still cannot get even software right) to start somehow differently to look into UK customer base. Even if you look at this thread (and there are so many complaints that you would expect on Absolute Poker etc, not PartyPoker) - I really cannot see even Rob being able to change many of them for months if not years to come.

That's why I think decision hasn't been thought through or it was decision based more or less purely on financial benefits to the company behind DTD (forgetting what customers think or want - and yes I know that doesn't make a lot of business sense). 

P.S. English is not my native language but I guess you can get understand my point

Living a dangerous dream...
Rupert
:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2015, 04:17:25 PM »

It's long winded but this is how I pay no % on deposits/withdrawls:
- Deposit with moneybookers USD (party account also USD)
- Withdraw to USD bank account
- Deposit to moneybookers from USD bank account
- Get a swap from someone for Stars/MB to change to £

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2015, 06:55:19 PM »

Hi Simon

If you have a different email address you can try then it will allow you to create a new account.

Alternatively if you use the live chat service that usually gets a speeder response than emailing in. Which email address did you use and I will chase to find out if that email address is in use.

Thanks Nic

info@partypokeraccount.com bounces back

info@partyaccount.com no reply in 24 hours?

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2015, 06:57:01 PM »

Err just had a reply exactly 1 minute ago Smiley

Dunno if its Nic being fast or coincidence! Smiley

Though they have set me up as simon_red not redsimon!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 07:05:01 PM by redsimon » Logged

smurf

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2015, 07:43:22 PM »

well one things for sure...those 1p feeders are seeing a huge increase in traffic 150-250 runners for the last few days in each one.
DTD-ACES

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2015, 08:15:04 PM »

well one things for sure...those 1p feeders are seeing a huge increase in traffic 150-250 runners for the last few days in each one.

I think its because these are the only sats we currently have on site, when we start the Sky £1K sats this Sunday and the Grand Prix Golden Chips Sats on Monday,  im would expect these pennyroll numbers will drop.

Cheers Aces

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: