blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:36:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blondebash 2015 at DTD - TBC
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondebash 2015 at DTD - TBC  (Read 25788 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2015, 02:17:51 AM »

Never been to a blonde bash, think the last one was held before my time. But I'd definitely be in, especially if there's curry. Love the idea of it being a low buy in a tbh I couldn't give a monkeys about a guarantee, a mass home game with regular shots and a whole lot of weird rules would be more than enough to get me along for the night. The charity night dtd held a while back remains one of my favourite experiences within poker.

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2015, 07:57:55 AM »

I used to absolutely love the blonde bash weekends and would be well up for attending a future event along the lines of the ones held back in the day. I may be in a minority here but for me the actual 'main event' was always more of a sideshow to the shenanigans, always played in good spirit and not about the buy in or prizepool, more for the banter and bragging rights. Whilst I can sort of understand the logic of the separate events at different buy ins, I can't help but think it would take away from the whole atmosphere and what made blonde bashes unique. Do we really want the low-rolling recs and the big boy pros playing different games or do we want everyone united in a single giant home game with friends from across the poker spectrum? I don't know how set in stone these ideas are yet, but I for one would certainly be much less inclined to come along as things stand. As i say, i may be in a minority but thought it worth putting out there. Good luck with the planning etc and hope it's a big success whichever way it pans out.

good post, i agree

Yeah Claire has it spot on. DTD tournaments are great for serious poker but the couple of bashes I've been to the complete haphazard nature of the comp is what made it so much fun.

I know Rob's looking at it in a big way with guarantees but I really don't think they're necessary. What matters is everybody being drunk and having fun with the poker being secondary.

Also I think it would be great to have one somewhere other than DTD. Although it's undoubtedly the best card room there is you become a captive audience and that takes away from the atmosphere as the poker takes over.

I remember a few years back in Leeds sitting outside a hotel getting drunk in the sun watching others play cricket on the slabs followed up by pub crawls, a bit of drunken poker and then more pub crawls. Perfect weekend and impossible to recreate at DTD.

If it has to be at DTD which is understandable then maybe try to organise a pub crawl in town. Get someone like Ryan to organise it for the Friday night but don't bother with poker. That way people get to meet each other on Friday, get drunk and have fun then play hungover poker on Saturday afternoon with the people you got to know the night before.

Morning Matthew.

I need to correct a slight misunderstanding before it gets out of hand.

Alcohol consumption at the forthcoming blondebash will not be permitted under any circumstances.

I hope I make myself clear, & I'm quite sure this will enhance your enjoyment of the occasion.

By way of extra curricular activities, I am organising a visit to Derby Locomotive Works on both the Saturday & Sunday morning. Shall I put your name on the list, in case it fills?

Click to see full-size image.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:01:38 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2015, 09:22:16 AM »

These used to be fun, 5 a side and a quick 20/20 bish bash bosh would be lovely.

Would be good to see the old faces and some new ones.

Would be especially game for this, probably even more than the poker/drinking although all 4 would be good

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2015, 09:29:59 AM »

Morning Matthew.

I need to correct a slight misunderstanding before it gets out of hand.

Alcohol consumption at the forthcoming blondebash will not be permitted under any circumstances.

I hope I make myself clear, & I'm quite sure this will enhance your enjoyment of the occasion.

By way of extra curricular activities, I am organising a visit to Derby Locomotive Works on both the Saturday & Sunday morning. Shall I put your name on the list, in case it fills?

Think I'll call that one.

You organise it and I'll be there.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2015, 10:41:01 AM »

Tracey Dell would have to be in attendance, and has to be on my table (along with Frank Bruno, Steve Davis, Paul Gascoigne and Bruce Willis).

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2015, 10:47:35 AM »

One idea is that the 'main event' can be done in the style of that comp format that Sam Trickett devised, where people can buy in for three different amounts and there are three prize pools?  Not sure that'd actually work though, but it's an idea.

The other option is to make it a Bounty Hunter as that adds an element of fun and bragging rights to the 'main event'.

Lots of satellites online could get those of us looking at more modest buyins to have a way to take part in an event with a larger prizepool.  Some sort of added value up top would be good, maybe a VIP Platinum DTD Member thing (or similar) that doesn't cost Rob too much Cheesy

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 11:47:59 AM »

What about nicking the format from the world sit n go masters. Lets assume 45 people. We have five tables of Single Table Tournaments, everyone plays and gets a league point based on where they finish. Then we all draw again, play another SNG, same deal. Do that maybe 3-4 times. Then either payout based on league points, or the highest ranked players play a final table or someink.

Sounds potentially complicated, but keeps everyone playing a bit longer and we almost all share a table with each other at some point.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 12:20:06 PM »

One idea is that the 'main event' can be done in the style of that comp format that Sam Trickett devised, where people can buy in for three different amounts and there are three prize pools?  Not sure that'd actually work though, but it's an idea.

The other option is to make it a Bounty Hunter as that adds an element of fun and bragging rights to the 'main event'.

Lots of satellites online could get those of us looking at more modest buyins to have a way to take part in an event with a larger prizepool.  Some sort of added value up top would be good, maybe a VIP Platinum DTD Member thing (or similar) that doesn't cost Rob too much Cheesy

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2012/12/roberto-romanello-creates-game-changing-tournament-format-9750.htm

Credit where it's due...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 12:24:53 PM »

As a suggestion for the format, how about randomly selected teams and a series of STTs on Saturday and a turbo MTT on Sunday.
It's all about the fun so make it a charity event and support Emmanuel House.
Maybe Party Poker and others could be persuaded to stump up some prizes?

Oh and then select tables at random to see how many press ups they can do...

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 12:33:17 PM »

Don't even go down the charity angle. Way too complicated and would put loads of people off.

It's either a blonde comp or a charity comp, not both.

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 01:50:18 PM »

http://uk.pokernews.com/news/2012/12/roberto-romanello-creates-game-changing-tournament-format-9750.htm

Credit where it's due...

Whoops - my bad

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 01:56:57 PM »

These used to be fun, 5 a side and a quick 20/20 bish bash bosh would be lovely.

Would be good to see the old faces and some new ones.

The venue for this years women's world croquet championships is a stones throw from DTD and they accept bookings from "social groups".

If only we knew a posh boy who knows the rules.
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 04:01:31 PM »

another idea, wouldnt it be great to get the feature table up and running for it? and stream it etc. could get tighty/ tikay/ other blondes in the comm box and comment on how bad the plays are! could be great fun

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 05:02:27 PM »

IN.
Travelling 5 Hrs for a Tighty SNG.

Brilliant.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 05:14:05 PM »

another idea, wouldnt it be great to get the feature table up and running for it? and stream it etc. could get tighty/ tikay/ other blondes in the comm box and comment on how bad the plays are! could be great fun

If they had it showing on the screens in the club with a 10 minute delay that could potentially be amazing.

Pointless doing a proper stream as nobody would want to watch it but if you got the right people at the table who knew that their current hand was up for review by everybody in the club in the next ten minutes you could get some real entertainment.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: