blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:59:48 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blondebash 2015 at DTD - TBC
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondebash 2015 at DTD - TBC  (Read 25797 times)
robyong

View Profile WWW
« on: February 09, 2015, 02:51:22 AM »

Hi Guys,

So busy the last 12 months, but there is now a window to catch up on items that have fallen by the wayside.

First of all I apologies for the lack effort on my part in organising a Blondebash in 2014 at DTD, our only excuse is that we have been rushed off our feet at DTD with all of the 3rd party events and TK/Rich have been the same with the UKPC, but this is something that we should not have let slip, Blondepoker was there at the birth of DTD, with the members signing the petition to help get our doors open.

Whilst events like UKPC's, UKIPT's and WPT's etc will grab the poker headlines, we should be always doing something special for the Blondepoker members. The Blondebash events help this forum flourish and develop the community, once people had met face to face and had a few beers, it made a difference to the forum going forward, I for one, always like to meet some of the more vocal Blonde members Smiley

One of the challenging issues in scheduling a Blondebash is getting the support of the full cross section of members, Blonde have members that are happy to flick in £10K for a High Roller, to those that grind the pennyrolls to get their shot at a big score, it is a very diverse community, so this time round, I am going to try and put something together that involves EVERYONE, a "Blondepoker weekend festival", that will include a High Roller, Main and a Mini, all with GTD prizepools exclusive to Blondepoker Members - so that noone on Blondepoker is excluded from participating, whatever their poker bankroll.

I have posted this thread up so this actually happens, Blondebash has been on my to do list for last 12 months, so please feel free to stick any suggestions on this thread that you have (Skallie has plenty of non poker fun ideas), and lets set a deadline to have it all finalised by end of Feb as me, Tighty and TK (and Flushy if he surfaces) will have caught up at Sky so we will have no excuses.

Cheers Rob

« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 03:07:18 AM by robyong » Logged
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 03:01:46 AM »

This looks great! SHall be there and supporting for sure, great idea Rob!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 03:53:35 AM »

will try my v best to attend, thanks rob

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 03:54:28 AM »

Tighty updates all weekend!!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 07:33:22 AM »

Tighty sit n gos all weekend

FYP

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 10:21:51 AM »

Would also love to attend. When will this be? Is there a rough date or even month in mind?

Is there any way to keep the event to people who are 'true' blondes so that there aren't 50 people who sign up in the week before just to get into these tournaments?

What makes blonde special is its community and it would be great if we could keep the events for the real blonde posters.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 10:23:58 AM »

Would also love to attend. When will this be? Is there a rough date or even month in mind?

UKIPT DTD is April, I am suggesting May before the WSOP. Will see what suits Rob and team.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2015, 05:31:20 PM »

I used to absolutely love the blonde bash weekends and would be well up for attending a future event along the lines of the ones held back in the day. I may be in a minority here but for me the actual 'main event' was always more of a sideshow to the shenanigans, always played in good spirit and not about the buy in or prizepool, more for the banter and bragging rights. Whilst I can sort of understand the logic of the separate events at different buy ins, I can't help but think it would take away from the whole atmosphere and what made blonde bashes unique. Do we really want the low-rolling recs and the big boy pros playing different games or do we want everyone united in a single giant home game with friends from across the poker spectrum? I don't know how set in stone these ideas are yet, but I for one would certainly be much less inclined to come along as things stand. As i say, i may be in a minority but thought it worth putting out there. Good luck with the planning etc and hope it's a big success whichever way it pans out.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2015, 05:43:14 PM »

I used to absolutely love the blonde bash weekends and would be well up for attending a future event along the lines of the ones held back in the day. I may be in a minority here but for me the actual 'main event' was always more of a sideshow to the shenanigans, always played in good spirit and not about the buy in or prizepool, more for the banter and bragging rights. Whilst I can sort of understand the logic of the separate events at different buy ins, I can't help but think it would take away from the whole atmosphere and what made blonde bashes unique. Do we really want the low-rolling recs and the big boy pros playing different games or do we want everyone united in a single giant home game with friends from across the poker spectrum? I don't know how set in stone these ideas are yet, but I for one would certainly be much less inclined to come along as things stand. As i say, i may be in a minority but thought it worth putting out there. Good luck with the planning etc and hope it's a big success whichever way it pans out.

good post, i agree

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2015, 05:43:41 PM »

UKIPT DTD is April, I am suggesting May before the WSOP. Will see what suits Rob and team.

scoop is on in may btw, caters for all levels too

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
OverTheBorder

just one of those days

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2015, 05:50:55 PM »

Sounds good rob.

Why not a main with the tiered structure to allow for the mixture in buy ins? I am sure all buy in levels would like to win "the main". I am not sure what they were called.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 05:53:32 PM by OverTheBorder » Logged
Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2015, 06:22:55 PM »

In.....

Will be my first bash!
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2015, 06:30:33 PM »

good post, i agree

This. Blonde Bashes for a lot of people were never about the poker - more about the weekend as a whole, the football/cricket on a Sat morning, the drinking, the shenanigans at the tables, the Tighty SNG's, the 10p/20p cash tables ont he Saturday night, the quiz on the Sunday...then there was a 30 quid comp in the middle of it.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2015, 06:34:20 PM »

Agree would love to have a chance to play against all Blondites

good post, i agree
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2015, 06:36:05 PM »

good post, i agree

This. Blonde Bashes for a lot of people were never about the poker - more about the weekend as a whole, the football/cricket on a Sat morning, the drinking, the shenanigans at the tables, the Tighty SNG's, the 10p/20p cash tables ont he Saturday night, the quiz on the Sunday...then there was a 30 quid comp in the middle of it.

tbf to rob, anybody could organise what you just suggested, hes the first person to really try and organise a blonde bash and done it in the way he'd expect it to be having never been to one (me either)

maybe rob could just put on the main event and a fun side event and some other member could plan the other stuff around it

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: