blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:18:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blondebash 2015 at DTD - TBC
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondebash 2015 at DTD - TBC  (Read 25796 times)
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2015, 06:36:28 PM »

I used to absolutely love the blonde bash weekends and would be well up for attending a future event along the lines of the ones held back in the day. I may be in a minority here but for me the actual 'main event' was always more of a sideshow to the shenanigans, always played in good spirit and not about the buy in or prizepool, more for the banter and bragging rights. Whilst I can sort of understand the logic of the separate events at different buy ins, I can't help but think it would take away from the whole atmosphere and what made blonde bashes unique. Do we really want the low-rolling recs and the big boy pros playing different games or do we want everyone united in a single giant home game with friends from across the poker spectrum? I don't know how set in stone these ideas are yet, but I for one would certainly be much less inclined to come along as things stand. As i say, i may be in a minority but thought it worth putting out there. Good luck with the planning etc and hope it's a big success whichever way it pans out.

good post, i agree

Yeah Claire has it spot on. DTD tournaments are great for serious poker but the couple of bashes I've been to the complete haphazard nature of the comp is what made it so much fun.

I know Rob's looking at it in a big way with guarantees but I really don't think they're necessary. What matters is everybody being drunk and having fun with the poker being secondary.

Also I think it would be great to have one somewhere other than DTD. Although it's undoubtedly the best card room there is you become a captive audience and that takes away from the atmosphere as the poker takes over.

I remember a few years back in Leeds sitting outside a hotel getting drunk in the sun watching others play cricket on the slabs followed up by pub crawls, a bit of drunken poker and then more pub crawls. Perfect weekend and impossible to recreate at DTD.

If it has to be at DTD which is understandable then maybe try to organise a pub crawl in town. Get someone like Ryan to organise it for the Friday night but don't bother with poker. That way people get to meet each other on Friday, get drunk and have fun then play hungover poker on Saturday afternoon with the people you got to know the night before.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2015, 06:40:22 PM »

Who's in for the drinking event then? 
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2015, 06:48:58 PM »

Ye I agree with all of that. Don't put any big buy in comps on it's not meant to be a profitable business trip, only have one Main event with a low buy in. Just do it similar to how it was previously: HU comp would be good, a team comp, horse with most not knowing what's going on (myself included) could be entertaining, pool tournament, some sort of flip event preferably with a coin not cards but yeah don't look to put on a £500 comp with a decent gte ppl can get that every week.

Oh, and let us play £2 turnover this time so Amatay can do his bollocks again Tongue
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 07:12:12 PM »

Roshambo as well, cant forget that!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 07:23:50 PM »

Could not agree with Claire more.

A blonde-bash hi-roller would defeat the object of the excercise.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2015, 07:27:26 PM »

Having organised some or all of the previous nine bashes, rest assured that I remember the aspects of them that made them such fun

whatever format we finalise for the poker I/we will try to incorporate some or all of the following around it for people to pick and choose so that the weekend appeals to as many people as possible

-  Quiz
-  5 aside football (sure the dtd dealers would be keen oppo if necessary)
-  Heads Up
-  novelty sngs/turnovers etc etc
-  town centre/night out

a couple of the reasons why we haven't done one for a while, over and above the reasons Rob outlined are that

a) its a fact that it is very difficult to find a single spare weekend without a major event on, before we consider online stuff like SCOOP, such that we would feel confident that sufficient people would turn up and in that environment:

b) Its also imprinted on my mind that in 2009(?) we got 60 for the Leeds blonde bash, which was a fantastic weekend for those that attended but a big let down for the venue (and an embarrassment for me) compared to numbers who said "yes we will come" and 100 for the DTD one in 2011 (?) which also saw over 50 no shows

now there appears to be demand for a bash again, and Rob and team are willing to host then we'll try to make one work and appeal to as many people as possible, but it has to work for the DTD team too.

by working for DTD (or any venue these days) i mean a £30 freeze on its own is not going to cut it as it did for the early blonde bashes, hence the idea for a range of events.

anyway, nothing set in stone yet so all feedback is good 

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2015, 08:05:17 PM »

I agree with everything on this page of the thread, and even understand Monda Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2015, 08:18:47 PM »

I used to absolutely love the blonde bash weekends and would be well up for attending a future event along the lines of the ones held back in the day. I may be in a minority here but for me the actual 'main event' was always more of a sideshow to the shenanigans, always played in good spirit and not about the buy in or prizepool, more for the banter and bragging rights. Whilst I can sort of understand the logic of the separate events at different buy ins, I can't help but think it would take away from the whole atmosphere and what made blonde bashes unique. Do we really want the low-rolling recs and the big boy pros playing different games or do we want everyone united in a single giant home game with friends from across the poker spectrum? I don't know how set in stone these ideas are yet, but I for one would certainly be much less inclined to come along as things stand. As i say, i may be in a minority but thought it worth putting out there. Good luck with the planning etc and hope it's a big success whichever way it pans out.

good post, i agree

Yeah Claire has it spot on. DTD tournaments are great for serious poker but the couple of bashes I've been to the complete haphazard nature of the comp is what made it so much fun.

I know Rob's looking at it in a big way with guarantees but I really don't think they're necessary. What matters is everybody being drunk and having fun with the poker being secondary.

Also I think it would be great to have one somewhere other than DTD. Although it's undoubtedly the best card room there is you become a captive audience and that takes away from the atmosphere as the poker takes over.

I remember a few years back in Leeds sitting outside a hotel getting drunk in the sun watching others play cricket on the slabs followed up by pub crawls, a bit of drunken poker and then more pub crawls. Perfect weekend and impossible to recreate at DTD.

If it has to be at DTD which is understandable then maybe try to organise a pub crawl in town. Get someone like Ryan to organise it for the Friday night but don't bother with poker. That way people get to meet each other on Friday, get drunk and have fun then play hungover poker on Saturday afternoon with the people you got to know the night before.

All of this
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2015, 08:22:41 PM »

my ever lasting memory of blonde bash is rob pushing my chips accross the line when i was hollywodding after mel had 3 bet me
funny enough my q7 didnt win

rob giving me £50 note telling me to get a round in so i bought drinks for everyone on table and everyone i saw on way to bar
rob asked for his change and me telling him he owed me £42.55 plus a £7.45 tip

not sure i ever got that £50 notes but didnt really care

and the time i played HU holdem where i only got 1 card and my opponents got 2 cards and i got someone to lay down top pair?Huh?Huh?Huh??? with no straight or flush possible
i will leave that person nameless

ball less cricket after we told told off for playing cricket outside the hotel in leeds security didnt no how to react
 and 20 blondes hiding behind 1 lamp post in the impossible hope of not being seen

i really want to be fit for the next bB so many good memories on and off the felt

oh not to mention there is a little of poker played some where along the lines

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2015, 08:26:27 PM »

Would also love to attend. When will this be? Is there a rough date or even month in mind?

Is there any way to keep the event to people who are 'true' blondes so that there aren't 50 people who sign up in the week before just to get into these tournaments?

What makes blonde special is its community and it would be great if we could keep the events for the real blonde posters.

the thing with the bashes are that some people join the forum just for the bash and become life long valued members
long term members always got first pick when seats were scarce but as there is no room shortage in DTD it would be good to welcome new blood
aslong at the majority of the players are long term blondes and not new posters

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2015, 08:32:34 PM »

def in
AlcaPwn

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 11:24:00 PM »

Only a recent sign up after years of lurking but would hope to come along and get to know a few faces.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2015, 12:34:56 AM »

def in

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2015, 12:47:36 AM »

These used to be fun, 5 a side and a quick 20/20 bish bash bosh would be lovely.

Would be good to see the old faces and some new ones.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2015, 02:00:05 AM »

my ever lasting memory of blonde bash is rob pushing my chips accross the line when i was hollywodding after mel had 3 bet me
funny enough my q7 didnt win

rob giving me £50 note telling me to get a round in so i bought drinks for everyone on table and everyone i saw on way to bar
rob asked for his change and me telling him he owed me £42.55 plus a £7.45 tip

not sure i ever got that £50 notes but didnt really care

and the time i played HU holdem where i only got 1 card and my opponents got 2 cards and i got someone to lay down top pair?Huh?Huh?Huh??? with no straight or flush possible
i will leave that person nameless

ball less cricket after we told told off for playing cricket outside the hotel in leeds security didnt no how to react
 and 20 blondes hiding behind 1 lamp post in the impossible hope of not being seen

i really want to be fit for the next bB so many good memories on and off the felt

oh not to mention there is a little of poker played some where along the lines

The impromptu curry night (sorry sir, how many poppadoms was that in total?)  and then trying to recreate an impossible sounding position as described by one of the top girls still brings a smile to the face.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: