blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 08:52:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Blondebash 2015 at DTD - TBC
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Blondebash 2015 at DTD - TBC  (Read 25740 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 13, 2015, 03:58:48 AM »

I've never been to a bash, hope to be able to make it as long as the date is good for me.

How about something like this for a schedule:

Friday night: £10 satellite to the main event. Maybe a guarantee of 4 or 5 seats would get this rolling?

Saturday 4pm: £100 main event with a 30 minute clock. Play down to the FT.

Saturday 8pm: £20 mini main event with a 20 minute clock. Play down to FT.

SNGs/Cash games throughout the day.

Sunday 2pm: Both Final Tables + SNGs and/or cash games

If you want to get in the £100 but it's beyond your roll, play the sat on Friday night.

Or put up a staking thread, I'll flick in a few quid buying shares. Sure quite a few others will too. I'd say it's almost certain that regular blonde poster that would want to play the main and is prepared to put in maybe £30 of their own money and sells at 1.0 will get in.

That would leave plenty of time for football match, quiz, Sunday lunch and piss ups.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2015, 04:23:02 AM by The Camel » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #106 on: February 13, 2015, 10:17:30 AM »

(devils advocate)

what would people prefer?

a) a small main event as the majority would like, but with DTD running a "normal" schedule alongside (big game etc) to help them cover their normal weekend costs. (this could see all players entering the door able to play the "blonde" event)

or

b) a "blonde festival" as Rob outlined, blondes only but a range of events and no "normal" schedule alongside?

i don't know yet, but i am guessing that option c) £30 main event and fun activities alongside, only, isn't viable economically (for any venue) 

Not read all reply's yet so apologies if covering ground that others have already.

Can you not do an amalgamation of the two?
Brand a normal weekend schedule as "The Blondepoker Festival" - hopefully sponsored by Party?

The blonde landscape has changed since the last Bash and as we all know participation is down just seems too good an opportunity to put some good positive messages about the place into the wider poker community and hopefully drive some sign ups and you never know a few might hang around - you never know we might even be able to drum up a mention in some publications and blogs.

If you can get party on-board it brings the old and the new together. Could sats be arranged?  If you are going to offer a Low/Med/High buy in's it will improve numbers and drive the core membership to Party and give people the chance to move up their Buy In.

Maybe set aside 1 event for Blonde members but have it for any members signed up before that day, use it to drive some sign ups?  50 or 60 of us sitting in DtD with no one else would be an awful waste, it might deliver some romantic memories of past bashes but its not going to do any good helping Blonde long term or the likelihood of it happening again.

Oh and can someone invite Dingdell please.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: February 13, 2015, 10:39:07 AM »

I've never been to a bash, hope to be able to make it as long as the date is good for me.

Friday night: £10 satellite to the main event. Maybe a guarantee of 4 or 5 seats would get this rolling?

If you want to get in the £100 but it's beyond your roll, play the sat on Friday night.

Or put up a staking thread, I'll flick in a few quid buying shares. Sure quite a few others will too. I'd say it's almost certain that regular blonde poster that would want to play the main and is prepared to put in maybe £30 of their own money and sells at 1.0 will get in.

That would leave plenty of time for football match, quiz, Sunday lunch and piss ups.

Works for me.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: February 13, 2015, 10:39:48 AM »

+1

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 13, 2015, 11:00:30 AM »

My main issue with that is if people want to bring friends and family across, many of whom might not really be into poker, £100 is too much for them and 8pm is late for the other game.

Given it's a sociable thing I agree the old £30 is perhaps a little low but £50 seems to be about right to me. Affordable to most and a reasonable prize for the winner.

I should point out that whichever format the bash takes I'm in Smiley

Blue text
Nakor
Tinca Tinca

Serve the spider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #110 on: February 13, 2015, 11:02:27 AM »

+1

Sigh 1 MTT and he thinks he is a poker player again.
You do know you are supposed to avoid stress.

Shit post Nakor, such a clown.

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 13, 2015, 11:44:22 AM »

I would love for the event to be at DTD but I don't really care about what tournaments are on, just that they are accomodating to as many blondes as possible. If Woodsey is drinking half a bottle of wine every half hour then I'll definitely be flying back from Macau for that cash game Smiley

In seriousness, I would really like to make it even though I'm half way round the world so the sooner we know a date the better!

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 13, 2015, 12:10:23 PM »

I'll come if Cos comes.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: February 13, 2015, 01:17:50 PM »

I'll come if Cos comes.

Every silver lining has a cloud.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 13, 2015, 02:38:05 PM »

I'll come if Cos comes.

Nando's need a date as well now.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 14, 2015, 08:12:10 AM »

It's hard to imagine something as challenging to get right.

Pretty sure if 100 people had shown up a few years back at a bash it would have been a success in most venues. Also pretty sure that 100 people echoing around DTD is not good for anybody.

Literally zero chance I would travel up for a 100 person £30 comp however much 'fun' might be arranged around it. Obv no great loss but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a lot of people in my category. Also think this point means that irrespective of expressions of enthusiasm and interest, the end result would be a disappointment in numbers.

I love alcohol fuelled poker and much prefer a chatty/fun environment but a massive personal preference is that the poker is serious, irrespective of what is going on around the table.

The festival idea with a range of comps, (nice to have something like a DC or HORSE comp in there) - open to all, so it caters for the local members too, sounds like the best idea to me on a first thinking/reading type basis. Busy room, decent poker and plenty of oppos for fun outside of poker and away from the venue. Having fun is a pretty organic thing anyway - hard to organise 'fun'.

If loads of non-blondes attended and then signed up as members, post the event then that would be a bonus.

Long time since I attended my first one of these, I aint exactly ballin out of control (though of course I am rich) but woulda thought a £100 comp is much like a £30 one 8-9 years ago.

Good luck with pleasing everybody on this :-)

This  .....   Glen is an expert on how to get the best out of alcohol & poker.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 14, 2015, 03:05:07 PM »

It's hard to imagine something as challenging to get right.

Pretty sure if 100 people had shown up a few years back at a bash it would have been a success in most venues. Also pretty sure that 100 people echoing around DTD is not good for anybody.

Literally zero chance I would travel up for a 100 person £30 comp however much 'fun' might be arranged around it. Obv no great loss but I'd be surprised if there wasn't a lot of people in my category. Also think this point means that irrespective of expressions of enthusiasm and interest, the end result would be a disappointment in numbers.

I love alcohol fuelled poker and much prefer a chatty/fun environment but a massive personal preference is that the poker is serious, irrespective of what is going on around the table.

The festival idea with a range of comps, (nice to have something like a DC or HORSE comp in there) - open to all, so it caters for the local members too, sounds like the best idea to me on a first thinking/reading type basis. Busy room, decent poker and plenty of oppos for fun outside of poker and away from the venue. Having fun is a pretty organic thing anyway - hard to organise 'fun'.

If loads of non-blondes attended and then signed up as members, post the event then that would be a bonus.

Long time since I attended my first one of these, I aint exactly ballin out of control (though of course I am rich) but woulda thought a £100 comp is much like a £30 one 8-9 years ago.

Good luck with pleasing everybody on this :-)

This  .....   Glen is an expert on how to get the best out of alcohol & poker.

Makes a lot of sense to me, never been to a blonde bash before but as ever things have moved on and if it's going to be a success that means helping out DTD as well, the more the merrier, no harm in us wearing Blonde Badges or suchlike to identify members already and then it gives us a great opportunity to promote the site to non members over the weekend. N doubt it will be great no matter what and I'm sure Rob, Tk and Tighty will do there best t make it a great occasion. Just as long as it happens.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 14, 2015, 05:28:57 PM »

if the dates ok id love to go to this
blueace

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2015, 05:31:36 PM »

The one advantage of a dictatorship in a single thread. This is a poker forum, so poker is at the core of the get together. We have a venue and an expert at laying on poker tournaments. So leave that side of it to Rob. Step forward the extra curricular organiser expert, and let them work their wonders and its sorted. Any volunteers? From what I can see of this thread anything different will most likely be a shambolic mess.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2015, 05:37:14 PM »

the mods (often me, but doesn't have to be (hint)) have organised all the activities at the nine previous bashes

soon as we have a date and finalise the format, we can crack on and announce and plan around that

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: