blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 12:24:58 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  NFL 2015 season Thread
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 Go Down Print
Author Topic: NFL 2015 season Thread  (Read 117685 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: January 10, 2016, 12:08:04 PM »

Is there an RB in the draft who we think could start next year/lead an offence?

Propose a deal to the Eagles and bring Murray back?

yes, several but not at pick 4

All this talk of who Dallas picks at #4. What if they don't?

I think I like a trade here, maybe with the Saints at #12, and take RB Ezekiel Elliott later in the 1st round. From looking at mock drafts, there's not really anyone else draftable at RB in the first round, and with plenty of fits from Detroit at #16 and down, he definitely won't be there when the Cowboys draft in the 2nd round. There's a logjam of teams needing to draft corners and safeties behind Dallas, so you could definitely trade out of the #4 spot and get decent value for it if someone REALLY wants a particular guy. Jacksonville will absolutely draft somewhere in the secondary at #5. Baltimore need a LB, but could definitely draft in the secondary too considering they play Cincinnati and Pittsburgh twice a year. Miami need someone who can play across the field from Brent Grimes and eventually replace him. Tampa need pass rush to go with Gerald McCoy and help all over the secondary so could go either way here, and New Orleans HAVE to take a corner. Even the Bears could use a corner, too, although pass rusher or maybe even a guy to back up and eventually replace Jay Cutler seems more likely. Expecting a lot of corners/safeties to go off the board starting with Jacksonville at #5, so it's definitely possible that someone moves up to take the best corner in the draft ahead of all the other teams who might, and gives up a lot to get their guy. Dallas are in position to be the beneficiary of that, a la Buffalo trading up for Sammy Watkins.

Bears have enough needs all over the place to just fill a need with the best player still available at #11 and not give up any picks, and there'll be pass rushers for Tampa at #9 that fill a need without giving up anything to trade up for a corner, too. However, the Saints at #12 seem like possible trade partners IMO. There's holes all over the NO defence, which bring up the question of whether they're better off holding on to their 2nd rounder and adding more pieces, but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them moving up to #4 and grabbing the best corner, given just how dire their secondary is. Obviously that means dropping behind SF at #7, which considering Cleveland probs take a QB, means the top 2 QBs in the draft are gone. But if you want a RB (Ezekiel Elliott), he'll almost certainly be there at #12, or if there's someone you like outside of Goff/Lynch, this would make a lot of sense too, as you're still ahead of the Rams and Eagles. Maybe pick up a 2nd rounder this year and either a later pick, or something next year, idk. Can always take Elliott and fill the backup QB need at the start of the 2nd round, or draft a QB at #12 and get a RB + fill another need (Maybe a WR to compete with Terrence Williams for the WR2 spot? The Cowboy offence without Bryant this year really was grim) with whatever pick you get from trading out of the #4 spot and your 2nd rounder.

its jerry jones, trades up and down always possible

i want a qb though

hopefully this will be the only time in the foreseeable future we'll be drafting top 5

romo has 2 years left, tops and unlikely to play 16 games a season

i don't want a band-aid back up that comes with off the field risks, i want to secure the future of the position for the next 10 years knowing that franchise qbs are hard to find

watching carson wentz in his bowl game yesterday, no way he is making it to the second round

so if we think one of goff, lynch and wentz is the one take him, and don't look back

at 4, with tennessee with mariota not picking QB, one will be there

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 10, 2016, 02:27:31 PM »

a game like few others

My eyes are open wide
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 10, 2016, 02:47:26 PM »

Mart Bryant must be gutted too, he catches an all worldy TD with three fingers and an arse cheek, does a summersault as he is falling out of the end zone and still manages to hang on to the ball and most of the reviews feature the hits and the indiscipline more than praising that catch.

You know it's been a strange game when a guy that hasn't played a snap since 1993 gets a 15 yard penty flag for pulling someone's hair on the sideline. And one of the most important moments of the game winning drive is a personal foul penalty on a guy that hadn't played a snap for 4 years.

Think Tal nailed it tbh,down the stretch and when it was most important the team that know how to win play off games and Championships got it done and the team that usually blow up at this stage of the season blew up again.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 10, 2016, 07:45:00 PM »

Where does Marshawn Lynch suit up next season then?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
fatcatstu

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 10, 2016, 07:47:25 PM »

Oakland is apparently appealing to him as it is where he is from.
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 10, 2016, 09:51:49 PM »

Bloody hell, what a miss that was

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 10, 2016, 09:54:46 PM »

Oh me Oh my.

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 10, 2016, 09:58:40 PM »

Seattle are so lucky. No way they should have won that.

Just goes to show that regular playoff teams, always seem to find a way to win.  Bit like Pittsburgh last night.

Anyone want to bet against Green Bay now at Washington? 
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: January 10, 2016, 10:04:23 PM »

Just goes to show that regular playoff teams, always seem to find a way to win.  Bit like Pittsburgh last night.

http://www.oddsshark.com/nfl

47% of people, apparently!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 10, 2016, 10:12:10 PM »

Turned out nice again ;o)

Even in dour slugfests the NFL doesn't disappoint.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: January 10, 2016, 11:23:25 PM »

Me.
I'm 3/4 so far for the weekend. skins win gives me a clean sweep in the wild card round.
Go Skins!!!
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 10, 2016, 11:24:37 PM »

The downside of watching NFL on Sky tonight is I wish Ross Boatman would leave that bleedin light on and let the food cook without interfering.

Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 10, 2016, 11:34:12 PM »

Me.
I'm 3/4 so far for the weekend. skins win gives me a clean sweep in the wild card round.
Go Skins!!!

I should point out that i'm also on the Skins.  Also Jordan Reed over 70 yards.
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 13, 2016, 01:00:54 AM »

What are you guys thoughts on this and American sport franchises moving in general? Is it good for the game and for the sport to move to new markets where there is demand or is it just a case of owners selling to the highest bidder, the city who will give them the most money to build a stadium or other kickbacks to get a team.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/01/12/plan_to_move_raiders_and_chargers_to_los_angeles_wins_vote.html
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 13, 2016, 10:42:11 AM »

What are you guys thoughts on this and American sport franchises moving in general? Is it good for the game and for the sport to move to new markets where there is demand or is it just a case of owners selling to the highest bidder, the city who will give them the most money to build a stadium or other kickbacks to get a team.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/01/12/plan_to_move_raiders_and_chargers_to_los_angeles_wins_vote.html

a history of us sports franchises moving around, and from the FLs point of view obviously major city and majot tv area like LA needs team(s)

rough on st louis and fans and maybe san diego too though

not as bad as the cleveland browns moving overnight by truck to baltimore and the cleveland fans waking up- the next mornign to no team though....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland_Browns_relocation_controversy

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: