blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 12:02:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cheltenham Thread 2015
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Thread 2015  (Read 21434 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2015, 10:14:42 PM »

2 weeks until Cheltenham Eve, so thought it might be time to get a thread started...

Not going myself, but I'm pretty sure there will be a fair few Blondes on the premises at varying points during the week, and hopefully everyone will be getting the lot!

First day could be an Irish benefit, with all Mullins' monsters travelling over, and I can't wait to see if Faugheen & UDS are the real deal!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 10:27:51 PM »

Has the Clerk started watering, yet?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2015, 09:38:28 AM »

Hendo had a preview day yesterday, and with so many of his stars on the sidelines

Beat That
Finians
My Tent
Simonsig
Captain Conan

and stars like

Sprinter
Bobs Worth
Blue Fashion

all with big question marks next to them, you have to wonder what he is doing in their training regime that makes them all so fragile. Its not a recent phenomenon either.

Cant recall any other trainer with so many similar issues, it cant just be bad luck surely?!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 09:42:20 AM »

Hendo had a preview day yesterday, and with so many of his stars on the sidelines

Beat That
Finians
My Tent
Simonsig
Captain Conan

and stars like

Sprinter
Bobs Worth
Blue Fashion

all with big question marks next to them, you have to wonder what he is doing in their training regime that makes them all so fragile. Its not a recent phenomenon either.

Cant recall any other trainer with so many similar issues, it cant just be bad luck surely?!

Has he tried seeking advice from Arsene?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2015, 09:51:44 AM »

Beat That
Finians
My Tent
Simonsig
Captain Conan

and stars like

Sprinter
Bobs Worth
Blue Fashion

Has he tried seeking advice from Arsene?

Do you think he does a Wenger, when he tells the owner their horses are out for a year or so...."Honestly Your Maj, I didn't see him run into a barbed wire fence, but keep paying the bills"?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2015, 06:48:52 PM »

Full festival preview has just started on RUK, with Steve Mellish, Mark Howard, Lydia Hislop, and some other bloke.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 07:26:52 PM »

Love it when people like Nevo say Josses Hill is a terrible bet.

If you watch his races, the quicker the pace the better he gets, and he is usually jumping best at the end.

I had a lump on UDS, for this, after he won the Irish Arkle, but the more I watch the flatter his jumping looks and it will be heart in mouth stuff. I can actually see Josses being a safer conveyance if he jumps the first couple ok.

I have seen plenty of his types come good at the festival, and its very much a 8, 7, 6, 5, 4 etc as you count the fences down for both of them. With all the offers around, again this has to be played with an outsider to get you money back(especially if your cat/granny/brother and dead Aunt have accounts intact! Wink). Anyone else fancy anything to beat the fav?

Sure I heard a fact that Faugheen covered the same patch of ground from where Our Connor hampered New One to the finish, quicker than The New One. As he had also covered an extra 5f and was a novice, that little stat, helped me sleep a little easier too.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 07:37:44 PM »

I think he wins easily, and to an untrained eye, his jumping has gotten better over time.

If he does tip up, as long as it's not Vibrato Valtat, I'm not worried.

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 07:39:30 PM »

You might be right about Josses Hill Adz, but he does seem to make one or two mistakes every race. Surely not getting away with that in this company?
Sgt Reckless is quoted for this race. His run in last year's Supreme was eye-catching, given he was stuffed out the back until two out. Seemed to jump well on his one chase outing. Any view?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 07:43:42 PM »

FWIW

I mentioned earlier on in the season I thought John Ferguson understood the NH season better this year and was plotting the course of his course more towards a proper Cheltenham campaign.

I think he has a nice crew assembled and i shall be having some random yankee/super yankees for small beer. Just in case!

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 07:47:14 PM »

You might be right about Josses Hill Adz, but he does seem to make one or two mistakes every race. Surely not getting away with that in this company?
Sgt Reckless is quoted for this race. His run in last year's Supreme was eye-catching, given he was stuffed out the back until two out. Seemed to jump well on his one chase outing. Any view?

Hi Neil

Yes. I keep hearing his name mentioned, quietly, in corners!

I'm worried he has only had the one go over fences, but the quicker the ground rides the more he moves up the list of viable alternatives. Is Channon in form btw?

jakally

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 07:51:26 PM »

Is Channon in form btw?

I'm assuming you knew the answer to this (I didn't, obviously).
Just looking for a decent EW in the race. Un De Sceaux is clearly the most likely winner, but just much too short for me.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2015, 07:55:10 PM »

Is Channon in form btw?

I'm assuming you knew the answer to this (I didn't, obviously).
Just looking for a decent EW in the race. Un De Sceaux is clearly the most likely winner, but just much too short for me.

Genuinely don't know mate.

AW takes a back seat these last few weeks before Chelts and not seen him have any NH runners, so I honestly don't know. Wasn't a dig at the selection, and I agree. I can't look at myself in the mirror(I know, I know) for having such a big bet on a shorty, and will be happier with a decent cover bet on board!

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2015, 07:56:33 PM »

Seen Smashing chucked up a few times, which is a nice big price.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2015, 08:03:05 PM »

You can see why Nevo now has to assume the Tom Lee role on RUK these days.

Bet he does way less work on this than Howard, Mellish or Hyslop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: