blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 07:32:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272603 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cheltenham Thread 2015
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Thread 2015  (Read 21430 times)
Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2015, 04:40:48 PM »

I don't believe that last jump!  Seriously, how does he not get that jump right?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2015, 04:46:46 PM »

Unbelievable sport.
CUTEMOFO

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2015, 05:02:48 PM »

considering driving my car into the canal!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2015, 05:05:10 PM »

I don't believe that last jump!  Seriously, how does he not get that jump right?

Because it cost me about a grand, and Cute about 7...

Cheesy

Love the game!

Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2015, 05:40:15 PM »

Sobering to think if the books hadn't thrown money at me with Douvan and Faugheen I'd be looking at an even bigger stinker.

But congratulations to Rich Ricci who having won his first championship race at Chelttenham must be only -90% ROI on his investment. (There. That's made me feel better).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2015, 05:42:46 PM »

I swerved all the Mullins shorties except one.

Guess which one I backed?

I am a pile of poo.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2015, 05:47:15 PM »

Sobering to think if the books hadn't thrown money at me with Douvan and Faugheen I'd be looking at an even bigger stinker.

But congratulations to Rich Ricci who having won his first championship race at Chelttenham must be only -90% ROI on his investment. (There. That's made me feel better).

I have a huge problem with Rich Ricci and it eats away at me

He, along with a number of other senior bankers around the world, in their strategies at investment banks was in part responsible for the credit crunch that caused millions of people financial problems, lost jobs etc

Under his various contracts  by the time he was relieved of his duties in mid 2013 he had cleared over £200m in salary and bonuses and share options

theses were due to him under those contracts with no redress for poor strategy etc, and thats fair enough

so he has spare time on his hands and invests gazillions in racing, changes the competitive dynamic of the sport but he's still the investment banker that was part of the problem Western economies faced 2009-13

doesn't sit too well with me at times

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2015, 05:48:05 PM »

I swerved all the Mullins shorties except one.

Guess which one I backed?

I bet them all because Ladbrokes went crazy apeshit but it doesn't feel like gambling. More like being given the first one free because they'll be back for more. :/
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2015, 05:55:08 PM »

He, along with a number of other senior bankers around the world, in their strategies at investment banks was in part responsible for the credit crunch.

Barclays couldn't have taken the risks they did, that resulted in them paying the bonuses they did, without the knowledge that they were too big to fail. I feel part of his victories because ultimately they were bought with UK taxpayers' bailout money.
http://qz.com/75884/ten-things-to-know-about-rich-riccis-rise-to-riches/
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2015, 05:56:33 PM »

Might as well put me nads on the block before I pop off for the week. In order of preference each race.

1.30  Jolyalan/Seeding/Some Plan ews

2.05  Smashing/Josses Hill/Gods Own ews

2.40 Barrakilla/Theatre Guide/No Planning ew

3.20 Faugheen

4.00 L'unique/Polly Peacham/Glens Melody ews

4.40 The Job is Right/Doing Fine ew/ Cause of Causes win

5.15  Thomas Crapper/Killala Quay/ Stellar Notion. ew

GL chaps.

A few nice binks there Adzy, wp.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2015, 05:58:34 PM »

He, along with a number of other senior bankers around the world, in their strategies at investment banks was in part responsible for the credit crunch.

Barclays couldn't have taken the risks they did, that resulted in them paying the bonuses they did, without the knowledge that they were too big to fail. I feel part of his victories because ultimately they were bought with UK taxpayers' bailout money.
http://qz.com/75884/ten-things-to-know-about-rich-riccis-rise-to-riches/

the lender of last resort argument is of course right, but along the way the move to part-puiblic ownership has seen 60,000 job losses in Barclays alone

anyway, we digress.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2015, 06:09:14 PM »

A less generous man than me, one who was tilting because they'd got their money in ahead and still done it, would hope he gets monstered by the Mail tomorrow: 'The Fat Cat Who Buys Champions With Your Money (but won't have them trained in Britain).' Cheesy

WP with Gods Own, adz.
mickyp

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2015, 06:26:43 PM »

Annie I'm not your daddy ffs
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2015, 10:46:59 AM »

I've got an offer from betfair. Bet £50 on any horse race today get money back as a free bet if it loses.

Who would you reccomend? Don poli?

I'll be backing many clouds with free bet if it loses
Actonbeech3

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2015, 10:52:04 AM »

I've got an offer from betfair. Bet £50 on any horse race today get money back as a free bet if it loses.

Who would you reccomend? Don poli?

I'll be backing many clouds with free bet if it loses

Really Fancy Nichols Canyon in the opener at 4/1. Ruby has been so impressed with this horse and they reckon that could be today's banker! Good luck with whatever you back!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: