blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:23:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  "Germanwings" A320 crashes in France
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: "Germanwings" A320 crashes in France  (Read 20813 times)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2015, 09:09:55 PM »

I'm not saying the 600 hours are potentially saying he's less able, what I am saying is that maybe he has been planning this crash for sometime, only 600 hours in and went straight for a job. Is it possible that it was his first time in the cockpit alone?

Some horrendous stories though. A father rushed to the airport to give his son his passport that his son had forgot, made in time to give him the passport and he was on the doomed flight. I can not begin to imagine how he must feel or if he can ever cope with that
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2015, 09:48:40 PM »

Wish that the media would stop using the word suicide.  Its mass murder.

Also was on an A320 today - again the media are saying that the passengers would have been unaware of what was happening until the last few seconds.  If the pilot really was trying to force the door then there is zero chance of them not beimg aware of it.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2015, 03:06:35 AM »

My mind is truly boggled by this!

Not sure what the solution is either. Leave the cockpit locked to prevent crazies gaining control of the plane or leave it open to prevent crazies gaining control of the plane??

Flew to Dallas this week and when the captain came over the tannoy it was a woman. First time I have ever heard a woman captain! But it was strangely reassuring! I thought to myself this is the answer! Only let women fly planes. Yet having checked out the stats women are statistically twice as likely to suffer from clinical depression than men! So only let men fly planes. Who knows what the answer is? What a head fuck!

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2015, 08:17:51 AM »

Had a woman pilot once. Flight was great. Took her two hours to park though.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2015, 09:58:31 AM »

A woman's brain is far more naturally suited to being a pilot, they crush us men in the aptitude tests (on average, multitasking)

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2015, 12:21:55 PM »

Also was on an A320 today - again the media are saying that the passengers would have been unaware of what was happening until the last few seconds.  If the pilot really was trying to force the door then there is zero chance of them not beimg aware of it.

Agree.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2015, 12:36:45 PM »

Had a woman pilot once. Flight was great. Took her two hours to park though.

Cheesy

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2015, 02:18:01 PM »

It seems 99% certain this was suicide, do you get annoyed when people say the term suicide bomber? 

Guess it would be easier if there was an equivalent term like suicide murderer.  Though even that is difficult, as without access to his thinking at the time, we don't really know if he was a suicide murderer or suicide manslaughterer.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2015, 02:45:39 PM »

If someone guns down a group of school kids and then turns the gun on themselves, it's termed as mass-murder - sometimes with the additional tag of murder-suicide. 

No matter what the motivation was for this pilot's actions, he knew he was killing 150 people - and that's murder, surely?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2015, 02:51:51 PM »

If a bloke jumps of a bridge and a motorist dies then I have some sympathy that he didn't mean to put someone elses life in danger and it's "suicide manslaughter" or whatever we want to call it.   If you deliberately crash a plane into a mountain then you almost 100% know you are ending the lives of the passengers in the back.  It's mass murder.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2015, 02:52:26 PM »

diminished responsibility tho so it's not murder right?

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2015, 03:07:20 PM »

diminished responsibility tho so it's not murder right?

Well as I look at it now, assuming that he survived, diminished responsibility would look a possible on the news leaking out.  It seems an easier argument to make than to claim this wasn't suicide.

Suicide and murder aren't mutually exclusive, I think this is what people are missing here. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2015, 03:07:55 PM »

Do we say it's not murder when there is a school mass shooting in the US and then the gunman kills himself?   Surely they have diminished responsibility as well in that case.

It's a short haul flight - he's made a decision to involve the passengers rather than end it all before or after the flight.  He's a murderer in my eyes, irrespective of how the court might view it technically.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2015, 03:15:25 PM »

I see the media have started their stigmatisation of depression already Sad

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2015, 04:14:12 PM »

Do we say it's not murder when there is a school mass shooting in the US and then the gunman kills himself?   Surely they have diminished responsibility as well in that case.

It's a short haul flight - he's made a decision to involve the passengers rather than end it all before or after the flight.  He's a murderer in my eyes, irrespective of how the court might view it technically.

So it was suicide then, and it is ok for the media to use that term?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: